Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
PowellCelica
It gets stuck in gears! Like sometimes i have to literally frakin PULL the shifter out of the gear and then SMASH it back into gear. It lurches and sh*t too. Ever since i took it to toyota to have them replace the clutch it's been doing this but they wont fix it and I dont really know whats going on. It really feels like my car is dieing. It's sad frown.gif
Supersprynt
QUOTE (PowellCelica @ Feb 23, 2004 - 3:07 PM)
If it's sticking in gear, the clutch isn't the problem. It's more than likely the clutch master cylinder. Especially from the description you gave about having to pull up the pedal(the pedal staying on the floor). I'd say a new cylinder and your good to go. Won't be too cheap, but it's cheaper than a clutch.

This is Aarons post from another thread
PowellCelica
the pedal is fine. It's the actual shifting of the gear in the shifter.
Supersprynt
Check ur cables.
macavely
sounds like your cables are going...
PowellCelica
you were right, they are fraying. I guess it's time for a short shifte with new cable =D
aaronc222
Short shifter don't come with new cables. If you have the money I'd still get one though.
Supersprynt
short shift is nice but take care of the problem first. New cables dont cost much especially if you get them outta a junker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.