Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird poping feeling on idle
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Oreo20
Can someone help me how to diagnose this problem Iím having the car turns on great acceleration is great no power reduction whatís so ever idle is constant at 750 rpm but if Iím sitting in the car it gives random pops that can be felt if sitting in traffic it canít be heard but felt please help thanks
Box
You say it's a pop that can be felt, but not heard? So it's just a short vibration and nothing else? Could be one of the motor mounts starting to let go.
Oreo20
QUOTE (Box @ Oct 10, 2017 - 4:35 PM) *
You say it's a pop that can be felt, but not heard? So it's just a short vibration and nothing else? Could be one of the motor mounts starting to let go.

Sorry about my wording lol but ya itís a random vibration
I can sometimes hear it from the exhaust but very faint randomly
Box
Could be misfiring slightly and you're feeling it stumble. When was the last time plugs and wires were changed?
cheela
^ I'd check that.

happened to me. was out of town and started misfiring and acted like it would almost die at idle. limped all the way home. pulled the first wire and it was nearly shredded. don't know how or why but changed them out to NGKs plugs and wires and never looked back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.