Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to disable alarm on toyota celica 97
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
tnareau
How do I disable the alarm on my 97 toyota celica. I have had nothing but problems with it!!! HELP
Bushmatic
Unplug all the wires from the module under your driver's seat
slavie
You have to remove the computer and the entire alarm harness (or at least the part that cuts into the ignition wires). If you have the factory VIP alarm, that's pretty easy as most of the connectors plug in - you'll just need to unplug the alarm T-plugs and connect the original wires.

If you have an aftermarket alarm, most of the wires will be cut into, so you'll need to splice/join the wires back together after extracting the alarm.

QUOTE (Bushmatic @ Nov 14, 2017 - 6:19 PM) *

Can't do just that - the car won't start as you'll have open ignition wires. A relay in the alarm box opens and closes that when you activate/deactivate the alarm.
tnareau
QUOTE (slavie @ Nov 15, 2017 - 12:23 PM) *
You have to remove the computer and the entire alarm harness (or at least the part that cuts into the ignition wires). If you have the factory VIP alarm, that's pretty easy as most of the connectors plug in - you'll just need to unplug the alarm T-plugs and connect the original wires.

If you have an aftermarket alarm, most of the wires will be cut into, so you'll need to splice/join the wires back together after extracting the alarm.

QUOTE (Bushmatic @ Nov 14, 2017 - 6:19 PM) *

Can't do just that - the car won't start as you'll have open ignition wires. A relay in the alarm box opens and closes that when you activate/deactivate the alarm.

ok, where are the computer and the entire alarm harness located? alarm is original to car. I also have a 95 celica that always goes off when it feels like it too. NOW the 97 the alarm wont stop going off unless I undo the battery! So, I can't start it! PITA (pain in the ass) thanks, tnareau
njccmd2002
lol, i spent 3 hours doing this. my alarm was under the steering wheel panel. few plugs to remove and replug, but like slavie mentioned, you have to redo some wires conection in the passenger kick panel
slavie
If you have the original Toyota VIP alarm (Black Toyota remote for your 95, and I think black as well for 97), Toyota "security" light to the left of the steering wheel, then the ECU is under the driver's seat. If you have an aftermarket alarm, the ECU is probably somewhere under the dash, but it could be anywhere. Need to find the ECU and follow ALL the wires from it and disconnect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.