Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1zz-fe exhaust manifold on 7a-fe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
7afe_carina
Has anyone tried if an exhaust manifold from a 1ZZ-FE fits the 7A-FE head? The flange looks very similar. Re-drilling some of the bolt holes would not be a problem, its the port alignment that would be the key.
Bitter
I'm not sure it would fit in the engine bay, the 1ZZ is spun the other way (exhaust out the back) and so the manifold is angled toward the rear of the car. Put that in the front and it seems like it would be pointing at the radiator. Just grab the eBay header everyone loves so much!
7afe_carina
Yeah I know about the 1ZZ being the other way around smile.gif
I should have mentioned that it is about a turbo manifold. So the only thing that matters really is the flange to the head.
Bitter
I guess you'll have to compare port spacing to see if you can even get the flanges transfered from one to the other.
Smaay
QUOTE (Bitter @ Nov 18, 2017 - 7:03 AM) *
I'm not sure it would fit in the engine bay, the 1ZZ is spun the other way (exhaust out the back) and so the manifold is angled toward the rear of the car. Put that in the front and it seems like it would be pointing at the radiator. Just grab the eBay header everyone loves so much!

its not really spun the other way. but it does have the intake and exhaust on opposite sides.

to answer the question, the manifold is angled back to go down a tunnel, if you put it on a 7A it would angle right into the radiator fans. its just not a good option
Bitter
I meant that the intake and exhaust are at opposite sides from the other engine, poor wording on my part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.