Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy vert rain leak - please help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
Kevinisyoung
I've pretty much always had rainwater leaking in but we're going through a big rainstorm right now so you could imagine it really sucks right now haha.

Water leaks through The clips used to secure the top in place when it isn't open. See the vid for a better visual idea.

I cut a big plastic cover out to cover the front part of the soft top when it's raining (I just close the door in on it on both sides to keep it in place) but it still leaks through those two holes where the clips are.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. For the past 6 months or so I've had to put the top up and down manually (the switch in the trunk is set to manual) if that info is of any possible use.

Https://youtu.be/HLYY4Ggcuwg

Thanks guys.
NgoFcukinWay
i don't know too much about convertibles, but I'm gonna assume you may need to replace your weather strips. Vid doesn't work, btw.
njccmd2002
copy and paste this HLYY4Ggcuwg in you tube.

there should be no reason why you should have a leak there, unless your top cloth is able to have water seep through there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.