Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning up Celica Badges
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
RobTracy
Hello

I have some celica badges and i wasn't 100% sure on how to clean them up. There is a faded black background and red dragon, I read i could use enamel paint to touch up those. The issue is the chrome plating its slightly chipped is some areas. Any ideas? I was thinking chrome-like paint maybe.

Photo of badges here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=22362683191744416679
Bitter
Enamel paint will restore the red and black areas, but for the bubbled chrome you'd need to have them stripped, the holes filled with silver solder or an alloy braze and machined back into shape, then the parts re-chromed. I don't know anyone who does that kind of work and it's not the kind of thing you want to try yourself on something possibly irreplaceable.
cheela
Don't do chrome paint. It's never really chrome and comes out more of a shiny silver than reflective chrome.
re-chroming is the best way to restore them.
RobTracy
Yeah i was looking around to getting the badge rechromed and found one company doing it. However, they were charging a 150.00 dollar minimum. I will keep looking and try to find someone who does just badges
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.