Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Interior/Audio/Electrical/Wiring
youngestEVer
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and also new to 6th gen celicas (had a 80' Celica before). I've got my first 1996 Celica GT convertible and love it. I am currently finishing swapping to a manual which should make it pretty fun, but also in the process of rebuilding the whole car and putting a custom motor into it.

In regard to wiring, I need some help if anyone knows, in finding which wires (wire colors) are for the tachometer pulsing wire which goes to the tach gauge, the two wires that go to the reversing switch, and the 3 wires that connect to the speed sensor. I don't wanna go into huge detail why I need these yet, but if anyone has this info it would absolutely make my week.

Thanks so much!
slavie
Do yourself a favor and buy a factory electrical manual on eBay for $10-15. You will be glad you did if the project you are describing is what you're planning to do.

The 3-pin speed sensor should be same for auto and manual, should just plug right in. The reverse switch you need to tap into the auto harness and run your pigtail off that. Don't remember the colors - that's what I bought the manual for.
youngestEVer
QUOTE (slavie @ Mar 25, 2019 - 3:48 PM) *
Do yourself a favor and buy a factory electrical manual on eBay for $10-15. You will be glad you did if the project you are describing is what you're planning to do.

The 3-pin speed sensor should be same for auto and manual, should just plug right in. The reverse switch you need to tap into the auto harness and run your pigtail off that. Don't remember the colors - that's what I bought the manual for.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, great idea, so I got myself a wiring manual as well. I tapped into the auto harness just as you said and reverse likes working great- thanks! Now I’m going to dive into the wiring manual and start reading, but I just thought I would add that the speed sensors 3 pin plugs are completely different from auto to manual. Even a couple of the colors are different as well!:( hopefully the manual has some decent info on this..I might have to just try a few combinations and hope I
Don’t burn up my speedo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.