Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *** CANCELLED *** MidWest Spring Meet v2.2l ** April 25th **
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Meet/Event Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
navseal345
*** CANCELLED - Damn COVID-19 (fist shaking intensifies) ***

As it been that long of "official meets"?

Well it's been 10years for me I think.

Does Chee need more help on the "Beans"?

Thinking make it a big long weekend, rent some cabins by a lake or bum out on Chee's front lawn.

Ideas, thoughts and suggestions.

** EDIT **
Date is set for April 25th

Different spot! (for this meet)
Devil's Lake, WI
CoolZeen
That sounds great.
bloodMoney
Looks like it has been 10 years....

In it's current format, yes. We've been doing this for 10 years.

Unreal.

It definitely does not feel like that long.
njccmd2002
If it’s going to be in April better give me a date to request off. My calendar is made up till march...
cheela
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 20, 2020 - 9:42 PM) *
As it been that long of "official meets"?

Well it's been 10years for me I think.

Does Chee need more help on the "Beans"?

Thinking make it a big long weekend, rent some cabins by a lake or bum out on Chee's front lawn.

Ideas, thoughts and suggestions.

All of those. I'll start building some cabins in my backyard. Hopefully be ready by meet time.
Bitter
QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Jan 21, 2020 - 8:59 AM) *
Looks like it has been 10 years....

In it's current format, yes. We've been doing this for 10 years.

Unreal.

It definitely does not feel like that long.

Yeah it's been a minute.
Was that when I forgot the grilling tools and we used car tools and tortilla chips to flip burgers? laugh.gif

Got those new Z3's on the Celica so I'm down as long as the weather is kind of decent. They're supposed to handle wet and cooler temps better than the Z2's so I've got less of an excuse to go further distances now I guess.
navseal345
Cabins be done before the car. Wow
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 22, 2020 - 9:26 PM) *
Cabins be done before the car. Wow

The cabins will just be 6GC chassis left out in the yard once they're stripped of parts.
enderswift
Wow 10 yrs.. i think i started showing up sporadically 2009-2010, but it feels like maybe 2 years ago..

And look how far we've come: 10 years ago seeing a gt4 hood was really really exciting (at least for me) whereas now our meets have multiple members with true-blue wrc's. Crazy

Anyway, i already cant wait for the spring meet!
bloodMoney
For the sake of Norberto, Let's start discussing dates:

4/4
4/11
4/18
4/25

Thoughts?

My preference is to not have the 11th, as there is a track day that I'm looking into on that day.

narly_charley
I'm down for any of those dates. Let's make this a good one. smile.gif
TimeslideZ
The 25th looks good for me
navseal345
So... April 25th?!?!

Now do we want to make it a good long weekend or is not everyone going to be able to?
narly_charley
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 24, 2020 - 10:54 PM) *
So... April 25th?!?!

Now do we want to make it a good long weekend or is not everyone going to be able to?

I'm local, so I'll be just coming for the day.
cheela
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 24, 2020 - 8:54 PM) *
So... April 25th?!?!

where is this long weekend to be made since you started the thread? Nebraska? Wisconsin? Canada? or just the same ol' thang at the same ol place with the same ol people?
narly_charley
QUOTE (cheela @ Jan 27, 2020 - 8:38 AM) *
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 24, 2020 - 8:54 PM) *
So... April 25th?!?!

where is this long weekend to be made since you started the thread? Nebraska? Wisconsin? Canada? or just the same ol' thang at the same ol place with the same ol people?

I vote for Starved Rock because I'd love to take my daughter on the trails, through the water, and on the stairs of death.
navseal345
I was kinda hoping Wisconsin. Some place different. Someone (Jake or Sam?) had said there was a lake with some good trails, and I remember looking at renting cabins, but can't remember the name of the place/ surrounding area. That could have been a few years ago.
cheela
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 27, 2020 - 12:15 PM) *
I was kinda hoping Wisconsin. Some place different. Someone (Jake or Sam?) had said there was a lake with some good trails, and I remember looking at renting cabins, but can't remember the name of the place/ surrounding area. That could have been a few years ago.

ah, Wisconsin Dells and Devil's Lake. That's about an hour - hour and a half from me. Water parks, cabins, lake, hiking. I do like it.
navseal345
I do believe it was Devil's Lake!
CoolZeen
25 is looking ok for me to.
navseal345
Devil's Lake looks like some fun, and it looks like Wisconsin Dells is not that far away, as well as other state parks.
enderswift
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 27, 2020 - 4:40 PM) *
Devil's Lake looks like some fun, and it looks like Wisconsin Dells is not that far away, as well as other state parks.

I like this idea.

also in for 25th regardless of location
navseal345
Found a place that does rent cabins... Cabins for rent

Maybe I'll do a poll to get a better idea of what people want (but that may not matter,😉).
narly_charley
I'm only about two hours from Devil's Lake, so I'm down.
bloodMoney
I need to check with Stacy to see what she thinks.
Bitter
I told Joe he could drive my car, however I said he could drive it at the next Starved Rock meet. Sucks to be Joe!
narly_charley
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 29, 2020 - 10:57 PM) *
Definitely sucks to be a sucka.

My life story... frown.gif

lol
navseal345
So... Everyone is ok for the 25th of April?!? AND are we ok for Going to Devil's Lake, WI for this meet?
narly_charley
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Feb 4, 2020 - 3:01 PM) *
So... Everyone is ok for the 25th of April?!? AND are we ok for Going to Devil's Lake, WI for this meet?

I'm cool with all of that, you should just formally set it and pick a place to meet. smile.gif I'd prefer not to drive around too much once we're there, but that's just me.
navseal345
OG post has been updated.

Date is set for April 25th!

New spot (for this meet) Devil's Lake, WI
enderswift
Sweet
Lorelei6gc
I'm in. Can co-drive if wanted.
NetsToy
I'm good for April 25th.

Are there any details on these cabins?!
Bitter
Looking forward to this, should be fun.
navseal345
Cabins for rent

Not sure about the cabins. Not enough people seem to want to make it a long weekend. Unless that changes, I haven't even seen if they had any available for that weekend.

I might grab a hotel.
NetsToy
Thanks for the cabin info!

I would need to stay somewhere, because it's a 6 hour drive for me!
Lorelei6gc
QUOTE (NetsToy @ Feb 8, 2020 - 10:11 AM) *
Thanks for the cabin info!

I would need to stay somewhere, because it's a 6 hour drive for me!

Doesn't seem like it would be too bad. I've driven a 9 hour drive round trip (one day each way) and an 17 hour drive (straight through, only stopping for gas), alone when I visited Pittsburgh, PA and when I moved from Houston, Tx to Dubuque, IA. Road trips are much better when you have a co-pilot.

I'm down to co-pilot or split the drive with anyone who passes near or through Chicago or the near suburbs.

Manual or auto, no problem either way.
TimeslideZ
I'd be up for a cabin even it's just one night or something. But the drive is only about 4 hours which isn't bad. Definitely can be done in a day's time.
Lorelei6gc
QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Feb 8, 2020 - 5:45 PM) *
I'd be up for a cabin even it's just one night or something. But the drive is only about 4 hours which isn't bad. Definitely can be done in a day's time.

I would be down to split a cabin - Given its a saturday meet, and my job isn't open sunday, That would be an option.
CoolZeen
the cabins: indicates 2 nights minimum.I was planing to take my kids but just for one night. I'm guessing if a few of us roll together or meet on the way, we can do the long cruise together,since we mostly are going north. .
Lorelei6gc
Sorry for double post- can't just edit my own posts because they still don't appear on their own.

Obviously, If we're all gonna cruise together, It would be best to meet in a large parking lot as close to the highway as possible. Do we have a route planned?

I would suggest that we meet up at "Rest Stop 26" in Wisconsin right off of 41. The parking lot is just north of the Pleasant Prarie Premium Outlets in Wisconsin

Heading north from the city on I-94 (The Edens) through the North Shore would mean that there are no tolls at all once you are on that highway and all the way to Devil's lake. Its about a 2.5 hour drive from there, and of course no tolls, so it would be pretty easy to plan a stop for gas or to stretch legs (if necessary) on the way- somewhere just outside of Madison makes sense to me. The route I've got in mind shows no stop lights at all.

Here's the directions I'm thinking of, for those coming up through chicago or the north shore of chicago:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rest+Stop+2...4183975!3e0
navseal345
Is it the date or location? Not that it's going to change just for you. 😉
bloodMoney
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Feb 13, 2020 - 2:18 PM) *
Is it the date or location? Not that it's going to change just for you. 😉

It's the location for us.

But I want you guys to try new spots! Eventually the kids will be old enough for roadtrips, and I'd love to branch out. I've only been talking about it for years.....
richee3
I think this goes without saying but we’re out for this meet. With a trip to Miami in April and a family trip to Yellowstone in May, neither of us can get the time off work for this meet. Maybe we can load up the puppers and make a fall meet though, as long as it doesn’t overlap with my Vegas trip. laugh.gif
bloodMoney
QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 17, 2020 - 2:02 PM) *
I think this goes without saying but we’re out for this meet. With a trip to Miami in April and a family trip to Yellowstone in May, neither of us can get the time off work for this meet. Maybe we can load up the puppers and make a fall meet though, as long as it doesn’t overlap with my Vegas trip. laugh.gif

When is your Vegas trip? Let's get dates, so we know what to avoid.
richee3
October 7-11, going to Supras in Vegas. We’re free other than that.
navseal345
2 people that can't go clogging up the thread.
navseal345
Jk.
navseal345
** Update **

Contacted the place that had cabins... AND THEY HAD SOME AVAILABLE. Would like to know for sure how many people would be interested in staying/ making it a long weekend (I plan on the 23 - 26 of April).
Bitter
I might be out, Erin's got a thing and won't be home so I'm on dog-sitting duty. Not sure I can wrangle them both by myself in the Celica for a LONG ass day trip like that and getting a hotel with them overnight is probably a no-go with just me because they get antsy/barky at hotels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.