Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB pcm
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Buying/Selling
mneal2_92788
Hey guys I have discovered that my ecu has blown a capacitor and it looks like it has fried the ecu. I am looking for one part number is 89661-2d700 for a 5sfe automatic. If any one has one laying around I would love to purchase it. I can find one online anywhere that’s not costing as much as the car is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone thinks it could be repaired I’m at a loss looking for someone to give it a shot but if you know a place or someone I can contact I’ll be most grateful.
slavie
I just repaired my M/T ECU in my 96 by replacing the capacitor and repairing the damaged traces. Car would not start before. What are your symptoms? If you're interested, we can try to work something out as far as me trying to repair your ECU. PM me.
rhuss
QUOTE (mneal2_92788 @ Oct 3, 2020 - 7:31 PM) *
Hey guys I have discovered that my ecu has blown a capacitor and it looks like it has fried the ecu. I am looking for one part number is 89661-2d700 for a 5sfe automatic. If any one has one laying around I would love to purchase it. I can find one online anywhere that’s not costing as much as the car is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone thinks it could be repaired I’m at a loss looking for someone to give it a shot but if you know a place or someone I can contact I’ll be most grateful.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/d/niagar...7198963139.html
looks like this guy has one
mneal2_92788
QUOTE (slavie @ Oct 3, 2020 - 9:53 PM) *
I just repaired my M/T ECU in my 96 by replacing the capacitor and repairing the damaged traces. Car would not start before. What are your symptoms? If you're interested, we can try to work something out as far as me trying to repair your ECU. PM me.

It sometimes fires, and when it does runs ok then stalls out. I’ve tried new plus wires and cap, cleaning iac and throttle position sensor. Last thing on the code read says bad pcm. So I took it out and sure enough it is blown out onto the motherboard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.