Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1996 5S-FZE Celica GT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Buying/Selling
ericmr87
Hello Celica community. I'm reaching out to put my forever project car up for sale.
1996 Celica GT
186K miles on chassis
Located in Hobart, Indiana
Cash offers only

This was my first car as a kid in high school and once I tore into it I wanted to make it something special, something one of a kind. Rather than throw a turbo on the 5sfe or do a 3sgte swap I opted for the now rare Rippmods kit. Life typically gets in the way of most things and slowly but surely this car, my car, got pushed off to the side and forgotten about. I simply can't look at it any more in the state that it's in and I don't have the time or money to continue on this journey. So I'm putting it up for sale. I will but upfront and honest and divulge any information any of you will request. I never fully finished the car and there is less than five miles on the actual motor since it has been rebuilt. My end goal was to do a manual trans swap and up until last year had been looking for a donor car. Now I'm at the point where I'm finding out my heart isn't in it anymore but do want her to go to a good home. If anything someone could pull the motor and supercharger and have one HELL of an upgrade. Here is a quick breakdown of the modifications:

Motor 5sfe- running 9:1 compression ratio
Stage two port and polished head
Cometic gaskets
Brand new water and oil pumps/belts/etc
JE pistons
Eagle rods
Rippmods centrifugal supercharger kit (9lbs boost upgraded pulley)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
270cc fuel injectors
Aluminum underdrive pulley
Ignitor/cap/distributor all new
TRD strut tower bar
Suspension techniques front/rear sway bars with new linkages
Tein springs
KYB shocks and struts
AEM wideband 02 sensor
APEXI SAFC II fuel controller
Carbon fiber vented hood
DG custom exhaust with HKS muffler
Custom dash mounted triple gauge pod
Header (cannot remember brand)
Battery box has been relocated to the trunk
Nearly every factory part has been changed and is new or nearly new under the hood
JDM tail lights (one is damaged @ the turn signal)
5zigen bronze wheels and wet/dry tires <500 miles on both

I do understand this is a niche market but am hoping someone can bring to life what I wanted to achieve. I'll consider any fair offer at this point and would like to have it sold before the snow comes. Located in northwest Indiana about 40 miles out of Chicago.

PHOTOS
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQk2feRyLLY"]
BonzaiCelica
at first i read 5vzfe, because you have it all together. but wow supercharger. hmm this brand doesnt look like the one they used to make as bolt on for the 5sfe back in early 2000's. i think better to write 5S-FZE
njccmd2002
when you say car is not finished, what do you mean? the manual trans swap, or the car does not run at all?
ericmr87
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Oct 8, 2020 - 1:10 PM) *
when you say car is not finished, what do you mean? the manual trans swap, or the car does not run at all?

The car does run, starts up just fine. Does need to be tuned and have timing adjusted. Running quite rich at the moment.
ericmr87
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Oct 7, 2020 - 5:02 PM) *
at first i read 5vzfe, because you have it all together. but wow supercharger. hmm this brand doesnt look like the one they used to make as bolt on for the 5sfe back in early 2000's. i think better to write 5S-FZE

This was the supercharger included in the RIPPmods kit back in the day.
cheela
^that.

what's left to "finish" on it?
demmahom34
i really like this build and isnt it almost finished? hp expectations ?

this is really what i wanted to do but i opted for 2gr swap since not much ppl have done s/c on 5s and recorded it. Im also not willing to be a guinea pig.
ericmr87
QUOTE (cheela @ Oct 8, 2020 - 9:30 PM) *
^that.

what's left to "finish" on it?

Like I said, motor needs to be timed and tuned. If one was going to swap manual trans over than that needs to be done as well. It does run and drive.
Bitter
Wow, Rippmods...I haven't heard that name in years.
ericmr87
QUOTE (Bitter @ Oct 10, 2020 - 12:05 PM) *
Wow, Rippmods...I haven't heard that name in years.

I know right, been a minute since this kit was available. I wanted to do something different than just a turbo, or 3sgte, or beams swap.
GuYun14
Damn! Want that supercharger setup just cause it's so rare.
ericmr87
QUOTE (GuYun14 @ Oct 23, 2020 - 11:39 PM) *
Damn! Want that supercharger setup just cause it's so rare.

I'm very realistic about what this is worth. I'll consider any offers at 3K or more. Wheels and tires alone are half that. Even if bought for parts after pulling motor and S/C it'd be a good ROI.
ericmr87
Dropping it down to 2k or more. Pick it up before the snow comes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.