Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midwest post-covid meet up, tenatively planned fall 2026.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Meet/Event Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Bitter
laugh.gif How's everyone? Where's everyone?
navseal345
Literally thought about posting this a few days ago. Great minds think alike.
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 23, 2021 - 11:04 PM) *
Literally thought about posting this a few days ago. Great minds think alike.

How dare you imply I have a great mind, I have half a mind to do something about that if you don't mind.
narly_charley
I'm totally down. I'm really hoping that things clear up a bit in the autumn months, but not holding my breath.
Bitter
QUOTE (narly_charley @ Jan 28, 2021 - 8:50 AM) *
I'm totally down. I'm really hoping that things clear up a bit in the autumn months, but not holding my breath.

You probably should hold your breathe, that way you won't get Covid.
Bitter
Everybody ballsdeep in snow?
CoolZeen
well it looks like is already melting. we should chose april.
Bitter
Right after Easter, we can all trade jelly beans!
Bitter
Well this thread aged like a banana.

Anyone want to do anything this spring somewhere? Tail of the Dragon at some point?
navseal345
I say Moab, UT.
Bitter
I'm afraid on GT4's will go on those trails. Imagine hearing some WRC anti-lag echoing through the canyons out there haha!
navseal345
I can hear it now... ahhh... music to my hears.
Bitter
That would sound pretty wicked cool. So it's a lil nippy today, anyone driving their Celica in this kind of cold? The old 98 Mazda is still alive and driving.
navseal345
Drove mine yesterday and today. Had been a week & a half since I last drove it.
enderswift
you guys interested in a Sat May 14th meet at starved rock?

navseal345
Works for me.
CoolZeen
im in, yes!
Bitter
Ditto
enderswift
awesome thumbsup.gif

lets keep that as a prelim date
navseal345
Now if we could just get someone to update the thread title?
Bitter
Technically every meet from hence forth is post some kind of Covid.
sixgentoyota
We are doing tail of the dragon for memorial day
enderswift
I heard about the dragon meet. I might join in.

It would still be nice to have a local meet for those that don't want to drive out all the way to the smokey mountains. What do you guys think? still in for the 14th at starved?
navseal345
14th works for me.
CoolZeen
yeah lets do the 14. is on common people is time. respond , so i can start spreading the word to other celica owners.
Bitter
I'm still down for May 14th, also might be down for Dragon. I think Memorial day weekend is going to be an absolute zoo down there though, probably better to do a non holiday weekend for that. I know that can make it trickier to schedule for some people but you'll get WAY less tourists and squids around to deal with and much easier time getting food and rooms.
CoolZeen
ok is official we doing the 14 of may 2022. spread the word.
enderswift
awesome,

spread the word indeed bros
Bitter
The word is legs, spread the word.
CoolZeen
change the title of the post indicathing the date.
enderswift
Jake and Sam are in and may be bringing one of their secret fancy new cars

I believe Louis and his wife are in too

Should be a decent group thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Bitter
I got the Celica out last week as a birthday present to myself and re-bedded the brakes for summer and found that my passenger side HID bulb decided that it wanted to turn pink this year. Ordered some new bulbs, NightBreaker Laser this time to replace the previous Unlimited. I have to pull the bumper and loosen the headlights to change the bulbs, not hard to do but not my favorite thing to do. I need to think of what else I have to do in there while the bumper is off. I might change out the radiator, it's 20yrs old and plastic doesn't last forever.

Zeen, you use up those Z2's yet? How'd you like them?
CoolZeen
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 26, 2022 - 9:35 AM) *
I got the Celica out last week as a birthday present to myself and re-bedded the brakes for summer and found that my passenger side HID bulb decided that it wanted to turn pink this year. Ordered some new bulbs, NightBreaker Laser this time to replace the previous Unlimited. I have to pull the bumper and loosen the headlights to change the bulbs, not hard to do but not my favorite thing to do. I need to think of what else I have to do in there while the bumper is off. I might change out the radiator, it's 20yrs old and plastic doesn't last forever.

Zeen, you use up those Z2's yet? How'd you like them?

they still in the basement with the wheels ,since i sold the daily celica I never got to use them , not even on the Zeenlica because it became showcar/garage queen .
2KGTS
Sorry, out of town the 14th. But sure would like to hit a 6GC get-together again soon! I hope it's a blast!
Bitter
Bummer! Well I hope they can see some road to finish shredding the tread one day.

Man, if this weather keeps ****ing around like this we might be huddled around a fire for warmth at the May meet. I got snowed on twice yesterday and I bet they re-salted the roads again last night. Ah well Celica is going to be down for a week or two anyway, I ordered a new radiator and HID bulbs to install while the bumper is off. 22yr old plastic isn't inspiring a lot of confidence!
enderswift
yea really,

fingers crossed it warms up and gets green by then
Bitter
My damn brakes re rusted over because of this stupid crazy weather. Hot cold hot cold.
CoolZeen
last weekend ,early was going to a cars n coffee , when i pull the car out the garage , brake line busted , Thank God it happen right at home and not on the road. its all fix now.
Bitter
Is this weather ever going to clear up? It was nice yesterday, I should have gotten the car out to drive and clear the brakes up again but I knew all week was going to be **** once more so I didn't bother getting past a wash cloth bath on the car lol. At least my raspberry bush in the back yard likes all this weather.
punkxrckprincess
Jake and I will be there. Fair warning I have to be on my way (Jake and I will be in separate Celicas) by 5pm so unlikely I'll be able to grab dinner. You guys can see the newest addition to our fleet and *fingers crossed* hopefully the finished product on Scarlett (minus paint)
navseal345
Exciting!! I would ask who's bringing what but... weather has been crazy so... let's wait & see when time draws closer.
Bitter
Checked the river flood data, assuming it doesn't keep raining like crazy we shouldn't be having an underwater meet. I need to yank my bumper this week/weekend and get my HID bulbs in, I'm not driving around with one pink bulb. It's already a girls car...
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Apr 25, 2022 - 10:42 PM) *
Exciting!! I would ask who's bringing what but... weather has been crazy so... let's wait & see when time draws closer.

Time is close enough now.

What we got? Who got what? ****, who can afford meat? We're all eating grilled cabbage.
navseal345
Weather looking good here at least. I got the grill & accessories. Also plates & eating utensils.

As long as there's a meat, a side dish & dessert I'd be happy.
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 7, 2022 - 3:55 PM) *
Weather looking good here at least. I got the grill & accessories. Also plates & eating utensils.

Anyone have any preferences for what they want or don't want? We just gonna chuck some cans of spaghettios into some hot coals?
navseal345
I'm ok with just hotdogs/ brats/ sausages. We always bring to much food & not eat/ get to it all. LOL
Bitter
QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 7, 2022 - 6:25 PM) *
I'm ok with just hotdogs/ brats/ sausages. We always bring to much food & not eat/ get to it all. LOL

If that's the case this meet is going to be...

A real sausage fest.
enderswift
I'll bring, water, cans of pop, condiments, and burger patties
Bitter
I'll bring Capri Sun and....what else do we need? Some kind of snack foods? Anyone have a preference? I'll probably stop at the Walmart in Morris on my way, I have to hit emissions in Joliet on my way there. If anyone wants my number just message me, that way you can tell me what to grab if someone forgot something. Do we need charcoal or is the bid diesel coming with the big grill?
navseal345
QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 7, 2022 - 3:55 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2022 Invision Power Services, Inc.