post Aug 23, 2019 - 12:13 PM
+Quote Post
SameerIqbal

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 24, '12
From Toronto, Canada
Currently Offline

Hi Guys,

So i recently purchased my second 99 celica convertible. The first one the brother wrote off by rear ending someone while changing lanes.

I started reading into swaps and was initially interested in the 3SGTE or a BEAMS redtop but after reading njc's thread about his 2gr-fe, well I fell in love with the idea.

so here is the issue. Recently became a dad and the car is "really" for my wife so for appearances I need to keep it automatic. Yes I know don't bash. I want a manual with E153 tranny but those of us who are married know that a happy wife is a happy life.

I was exploring options in respect to mating the 2GR-FE with an auto tranny but seems information is very limited.

Anyone here have any experience on the matter?

Once I get the tranny issues figured out the next challenge is the axles for the inner and outers.

Looking for some guidance from this awesome community. Budget is about 8k-10k on this project.

Thanks!

Sameer

Start new topic
Replies
post Aug 23, 2019 - 1:27 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

The E153 was used in the Solara until recently, maybe I would start there.

Get your 2GR, get an auto trans from a 00 solara with a 5S, figure out how to put them together, then figure out what needs to be cut to get into the car.

--------------------
~bloodMoney

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 22nd, 2024 - 11:44 PM