> Toyota Alessandro Volta Concept?
post Aug 1, 2010 - 4:46 PM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

I was looking for MR2 and Supra wallpapers to make on photo paper to decorate my wall and ran into this. Then I thought back to ideals people toss around for the new MR2 MKIV and said to myself "I don't know $#!T about this car, but as far as the front end and shape of this car, it NEEDS to be it". Anyways, this is just a topic starter, so.... speak amongst yourselves...

Ok for further reading, I found extra photos and some information on Toyota Concept vehicles

http://www.rsportscars.com/toyota/2004-toy...-volta-concept/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_concep...cles,_2000-2009

So maybe it is out there somewhere or it is waiting to be made... I dunno... I just seen it and got a woody, so I wanted to share (the car, not my woody).

This post has been edited by Random_Stranger: Aug 1, 2010 - 4:50 PM

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204

Start new topic
Replies
post Aug 11, 2010 - 7:05 PM
+Quote Post
Consynx

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 25, '02
From Pittsburgh/Clairton, PA
Currently Offline

While I agree 100% that final products go through Many changes from their initial concepts (see below example of the GT-R concept), I disagree 5,000,000% about the Volta being the LF-A. To me, that would be like saying the new camaro is the concept Shelby. Since multiple projects are done at a time, I'm sure other projects stole some ideas off this car (like the exterior which had outside help), but anything that does not use batteries should not be called the same car as the Volta, IMO.

--------------------
post Aug 12, 2010 - 12:53 PM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Consynx @ Aug 11, 2010 - 5:05 PM) *
While I agree 100% that final products go through Many changes from their initial concepts (see below example of the GT-R concept), I disagree 5,000,000% about the Volta being the LF-A. To me, that would be like saying the new camaro is the concept Shelby. Since multiple projects are done at a time, I'm sure other projects stole some ideas off this car (like the exterior which had outside help), but anything that does not use batteries should not be called the same car as the Volta, IMO.

Wow, that was the concept? The final product actually looks better I think, yet they really used the whole concept idea and followed very closely enough (with of course the improvement of better looks on the final product I think). I can see the FT-86 keeping most of the exterior look from the concept. As for the Supra concept, if they decide to follow that closely, lots will change and it will be smoothed out a bit, especially on those side panels near the doors and such.

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: June 11th, 2024 - 6:24 AM