> Car Security System Problem, "Silent Mode"
post May 21, 2011 - 12:07 PM
+Quote Post
StylnPlane

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 27, '11
From Grimsby, Ontario.
Currently Offline

Hey guys, a couple days ago my alarm system went on silent, "(accident on my part).
I have the the factory security system.. i think, because it says toyota on the box underneath my seat.
Anyways the remote looks like this, https://www.keylessentryonline.com/Pics/item890_1.jpg
So..the top right button (unlock) doesnt do anything. Its the top left, which disarms, and arms the system. While unlocking,
and locking the doors.
Bottom line, I want my car to "chirp" again, when I lock it, and unlock it.
post May 23, 2011 - 7:49 AM
+Quote Post
jimmykay

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 14, '08
From St. Louis
Currently Offline

Wait a second... There's a key fob for that security system? DAMN I just never turn mine on and its just a pain in the ass to deal with when your battery dies.

--------------------
'99 Celica GT - Sold
'11 Mazdaspeed3
post May 23, 2011 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
StylnPlane

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 27, '11
From Grimsby, Ontario.
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jimmykay @ May 23, 2011 - 8:49 AM) *
Wait a second... There's a key fob for that security system? DAMN I just never turn mine on and its just a pain in the ass to deal with when your battery dies.

Speaking of batterys dieing rolleyes.gif
I took a drive down to the lake and bam, car dies.
New battery and it drained within no time.
So, i gotta go get a new altenator
post May 28, 2011 - 1:52 AM
+Quote Post
nics

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 15, '08
From Royal Oak, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (StylnPlane @ May 21, 2011 - 10:07 AM) *
Hey guys, a couple days ago my alarm system went on silent, "(accident on my part).
I have the the factory security system.. i think, because it says toyota on the box underneath my seat.
Anyways the remote looks like this, https://www.keylessentryonline.com/Pics/item890_1.jpg
So..the top right button (unlock) doesnt do anything. Its the top left, which disarms, and arms the system. While unlocking,
and locking the doors.

mine chirps when i turn off the car. it doesnt when i lock or unlock. this might help you

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/ala...moteprogramming

edit:

PIEZO OPERATION MODE

One of the first things that I did was to turn off the annoying "beep" that would happen every time I locked or unlocked the truck. To turn this feature on or off, follow these directions:

The factory setting for the PIEZO operation mode is ON. When set to "OFF", only operation during REMOTE ARMING & DISARMING is affected.

1: Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to on (not acc).
2: Using one remote control, press and hold both buttons at the same time for over 2 seconds, until the status monitor's LED turns on.
***You must perform the next steps within 30 seconds***
To turn the piezo off: Press and release the bottom remote control button once. The piezo chirper chirps once, and the exterior lights flash once. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper chirps 3 times, and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

To turn the piezo on: Press and release the bottom remote control button twice. The piezo chirper chirps twice, and the exterior lights flash twice. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper chirps 3 times, and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

If you do not turn the ignition key to lock, or exceed 30 seconds during the programming steps, the status monitor's LED will turn off and the previous

This post has been edited by nics: May 28, 2011 - 1:59 AM

--------------------
God made man....
Everything else...
Made in China

post May 29, 2011 - 6:25 PM
+Quote Post
StylnPlane

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 27, '11
From Grimsby, Ontario.
Currently Offline

QUOTE (nics @ May 28, 2011 - 1:52 AM) *
QUOTE (StylnPlane @ May 21, 2011 - 10:07 AM) *
and locking the doors.

mine chirps when i turn off the car. it doesnt when i lock or unlock. this might help you

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/ala...moteprogramming

edit:

PIEZO OPERATION MODE

One of the first things that I did was to turn off the annoying "beep" that would happen every time I locked or unlocked the truck. To turn this feature on or off, follow these directions:

The factory setting for the PIEZO operation mode is ON. When set to "OFF", only operation during REMOTE ARMING & DISARMING is affected.

1: Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to on (not acc).
2: Using one remote control, press and hold both buttons at the same time for over 2 seconds, until the status monitor's LED turns on.
***You must perform the next steps within 30 seconds***
To turn the piezo off: Press and release the bottom remote control button once. The piezo chirper chirps once, and the exterior lights flash once. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper chirps 3 times, and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

To turn the piezo on: Press and release the bottom remote control button twice. The piezo chirper chirps twice, and the exterior lights flash twice. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper chirps 3 times, and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

If you do not turn the ignition key to lock, or exceed 30 seconds during the programming steps, the status monitor's LED will turn off and the previous

Hey thx,
But couldnt solve the problem
post May 30, 2011 - 12:07 AM
+Quote Post
nics

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 15, '08
From Royal Oak, MI
Currently Offline

yeah i tried it to, didnt do anything! i like that it chirps if it is armed or dissarmed. that way i am aware that it is armed because sometimes if i press the button it doesnt arm the car. i have to look at the lock itself.

--------------------
God made man....
Everything else...
Made in China

post May 30, 2011 - 8:20 PM
+Quote Post
StylnPlane

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 27, '11
From Grimsby, Ontario.
Currently Offline

QUOTE (nics @ May 30, 2011 - 12:07 AM) *
yeah i tried it to, didnt do anything! i like that it chirps if it is armed or dissarmed. that way i am aware that it is armed because sometimes if i press the button it doesnt arm the car. i have to look at the lock itself.

hmmmm, Gotta be a manual for thi system somwhere
post May 30, 2011 - 8:20 PM
+Quote Post
StylnPlane

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 27, '11
From Grimsby, Ontario.
Currently Offline

QUOTE (nics @ May 30, 2011 - 12:07 AM) *

hmmmm, Gotta be a manual for thi system somwhere
post May 30, 2011 - 10:15 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

As far as I know of the manual nics posted is the only one for the RS3000.

My alarm beeping is intermittent; sometimes it beeps with I lock/unlock with the fob and other times it doesn't. No idea... I just think the system is old and finicky.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post May 30, 2011 - 10:34 PM
+Quote Post
Bigblock

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 14, '09
From Mid West
Currently Offline

I get locked out EVERY TIME I get out of the Celica!!
I have to either roll down the driver side window enough to get my arm in to the inside door opener, OR unlock the passenger side door & reach across & open the driver door.
If I don't open the driver door, I get locked out again!!... mad.gif .. tongue.gif

At least no one can get in!! laugh.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 22nd, 2024 - 10:30 PM