> My project race car
post Oct 5, 2017 - 3:39 AM
+Quote Post
Brad646

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 5, '17
From Salt lake ut
Currently Offline

Just bought a 94 celica 5 speed standard. Don't know engine type or chassis type or transmission type. Has cold air intake. It's a 1.8 4L but want to add a turbo. I want to build a track worthy car. What engine and transmission combo would be best?

Start new topic
Replies
post Oct 6, 2017 - 8:38 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

the first questions im going to throw to you. How much loose change youve got. 4K, 6K, 9K. Not going places if you aint got money. these engine swaps are not free. And you mention race car... roll cage will be 2K, thats not to mention brake and rotor upgrades, seatbelt and harness upgrades...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Oct 6, 2017 - 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
Brad646

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 5, '17
From Salt lake ut
Currently Offline

I'm aware it's going to cost. I already bought the roll cage and 6 point harness. I'm taking glass out today. It will have drilled and grooved rotors. Calipers will also be after market. I've got speacilized windshield rear window and passenger windows coming. Net for the driver side. Doors will be welded this weekend. One other thing I thought about is rebuilding the engine with after markets and machines the pistons to come to a point. I've been saving up for this for a really long time. It was just finding the right car for me.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 9th, 2024 - 11:28 AM