Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The new project.
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:25 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Up until I bought my Bosch Icons, I always bought the Anco's for the exact same reason. Why spend $20 a blade when you can pay $6 a blade and get the same thing? Then I picked up the Icons and I'm never going back.

That's a lot of JDM's in a short period of time... I'm impressed.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:26 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

I'm clearly going to have to pick up the pace!!

--------------------
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:27 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ Dec 22, 2011 - 10:26 PM) *
I'm clearly going to have to pick up the pace!!

I need to stop buying BEAMS and try to keep up with you guys...

Nah, collecting BEAMS is fun.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:29 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

I'm actually REALLY happy with the 5sfes power/mpg ratio. It has plenty of power to get me out of a situation on the freeway(i found out today) or put a smile on my face in the corners, but i can cruise and get 30mpg. So the 5sfe will be staying in this car. I do miss being able to rev to 6k and poping the clutch and going utterly sideways while the engine emits the sound of jesus :'(.

EDIT: Looks like the gt4 fog light bezels were recently discontinued. Anyone know where i could get a set? Or do I need to come up with some crazy foglight concoction?

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 22, 2011 - 11:34 PM
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:31 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

^^ Get a BEAMS and get the best of both worlds. I mean, it might be Jesus' non-boosted cousin, but it's the same thing. Good noise, great gas mileage, moar powar than a 5S.

This post has been edited by richee3: Dec 22, 2011 - 11:32 PM

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:37 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 22, 2011 - 8:31 PM) *
^^ Get a BEAMS and get the best of both worlds. I mean, it might be Jesus' non-boosted cousin, but it's the same thing. Good noise, great gas mileage, moar powar than a 5S.

I really don't want to have to run premium. When I was selling the celica I was excited to be able to run 91 in the supra as I figured it would some how put me above everyone else at the gas station. After the second 75$ gas bill it lost its charm....And from what I've read getting 30mpg out of a beams is a chore. Not to mention finding parts for them.....Passsssss. haha

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 22, 2011 - 11:38 PM
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I was getting 33-35 easily out of mine before it started going downhill. Just depends on how throttle happy you are. As for premium, again, just depends on how much you plan on flooring it. You can get away with 89, as long as you stay out of the throttle. Way out. Which is good for gas mileage. I feel your pain on premium though... My Lexus blows.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 22, 2011 - 11:46 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

you can actually "detune" the engine by running 87 naturally. Our 2000 nissan maxima with the "premium fuel only" sticker on the gauge cluster has has a total of 2 premium fuel tanks in it over the course of its 252,000 miles. It pinged like crazy for the first 200 miles when you put your foot in it..... to this day when you really crank it out it would ping a bit, but for 95% of the driving we ever did, it got 87 pump fuel.... I just don't know how the really high compression of the beams would like it

--------------------
post Dec 23, 2011 - 12:14 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

It'll pull timing and lose some power but otherwise, as long as you don't go crazy with it, it will be fine. If you plan on flooring it, you're better off to pump premium.

I promise I'll try to make my next post in this thread un-BEAMS-related.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 23, 2011 - 12:29 AM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Thank you Beams Junkie. Anyway, today I ordered one of those old school cassette to AUX thingys. Im gonna see how the OEM system sounds with my ipod as i really like the look and functionality of the OEM double din, so I'm gonna attempt to keep it. If not ill get a single din with a pocket(how boring)or a oem double din out of a scion and put 8" subs in the doors and new speakers all around...
post Dec 23, 2011 - 12:33 AM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

get a universal 10 disc cd changer an mount it under your seat

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Dec 23, 2011 - 12:41 AM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

I'd rather integrate my ipod into the system. It just makes everything so much easier and cleaner, not to mention it holds much more music.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 23, 2011 - 12:42 AM
post Dec 23, 2011 - 2:20 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Check out a GROM Audio adapter. I'm rocking one in my IS 300. Integrates your iPod into your factory system, it's plug and play, and you can control the iPod both from the head unit and the iPod itself, unlike aftermarket head units that only let you use the head unit. It's well worth the money.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 23, 2011 - 4:28 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Lol for >$50 ill just grab a headunit for a bit more and have the added benefits of that. But we shall see.

-Cleaned out my carbon filled intake manifold, put shell 91 in, and swapped out the coolant. Hopefull she will pass today!

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 23, 2011 - 4:28 PM
post Dec 23, 2011 - 5:14 PM
+Quote Post
celicamike

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '05
From So Cal
Currently Offline

Hey man great progress so far! I don't even recognize the car anymore. Just promise me you won't get rid of my duck taped intake "mod", good for 15 whp at least! lol.
post Dec 23, 2011 - 6:39 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SupraKid @ Dec 23, 2011 - 12:29 AM) *
Thank you Beams Junkie. Anyway, today I ordered one of those old school cassette to AUX thingys. Im gonna see how the OEM system sounds with my ipod as i really like the look and functionality of the OEM double din, so I'm gonna attempt to keep it. If not ill get a single din with a pocket(how boring)or a oem double din out of a scion and put 8" subs in the doors and new speakers all around...

This might blow your mind. It's what I'm getting soon lol.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BmK5JqCvR4E/p...amp;subid=61806

This post has been edited by RabidTRD: Dec 23, 2011 - 6:39 PM

--------------------
1994 Toyota Celica GT-S 5S-FE 190k Miles. Project car
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5S-FE 170k Miles. Daily driver/beater
1999 Toyota Camry LE 5S-FE 216K Miles. RIP You will be missed.

*ASE Certified General Manager
post Dec 23, 2011 - 7:52 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

The car had $565 in back fees and Mike won't answer his phone, and now has it turned off.Thank you mike. Thank you. And it failed smog again.This is turning out just f*cking peachy.

*SIGH*

But at least even with fees it was $1600, but saying when i first got the car it looked like the hood hadnt been opened for years and the interior looked like it was modified by a 9 year old with an obsession for firetruck red it was NOT worth it. The engine now actually feels strong after doing some normal routine maintenance as the oil was blacker than Wesley Snipes, the coolant was the color of Hector and Samir and the interior was so dirty it looked like the car had been driven by Pig-Pen from charlie brown since 1994. Yes Mike, the gloves are off.

This post has been edited by SupraKid: Dec 23, 2011 - 10:31 PM
post Dec 23, 2011 - 8:40 PM
+Quote Post
EKAn

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '07
From CA
Currently Offline

That blows man it was looking promising too. Did you fail smog because of the N0 level again?

--------------------
what hes saying is if you put blue lights in you car youll lose hp.
post Dec 23, 2011 - 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Yes, they actually rose in the 2nd test X.X. But i got a 2 month pass with one of those ghetto red box things in the rear window, so I'm good til late February. I'm going to find a new header and cat as mine is cracked(again, thank you mike) and a new EGR system(mine has a hole internally). Also i think just driving the car should help clear it out, as it sat for a year without really being driven.
post Dec 24, 2011 - 12:33 AM
+Quote Post
UndecidedPC9397

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 15, '11
From minnesota
Currently Offline

Damn I wish my stock rims were in as good of condition as yours kindasad.gif cool build so far

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 5:04 AM