Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nitrous.....cheating?!?
post Feb 23, 2003 - 9:05 PM
+Quote Post
94celicaguy

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 11, '02
Currently Offline

ok, here is something that bothers me and i wanted to know what other people thought about it. i have nitrous, and when i race people they tell me not to spray, or they wont race because i have it. i have no idea why in the hell people act like that. is nitrous not just like any other performance modification. you want your car to be fast, so if you have the money you can get nitrous oxide. thats like me racing a car with a header, and telling him i didnt want to race him cause he had a header. thats just ignorant if you ask me. it helps performance and i dont believe people should be like that. tell me what you think.
post Feb 23, 2003 - 9:25 PM
+Quote Post
Milds3vn

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '03
From Phila, PA
Currently Offline

I hear what your saying but I feel that NOS is kinda like a cheap trick. Its not legal in any racing series so in a way that kinda thinking is carried over to street racing. I don't think NOS is exactly shi+ but it would be one of the last mods I would do to my car. Also, it seems harder to gauge what kind of effect NOS will have on a car as opposed to try to roughly estimate someones all motor or F.I. capability. I could see if you were running against a car with turbo and you needed something to bring you up to that level but depending on what your up against its gains are to unknown for most people to be willing to go against...not many people have experience against it so there to unsure. Thats my take on this issue, what does everyone else think?
post Feb 23, 2003 - 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

IMO i think NOS should only be used on drag strips at a "real" race. Noone wants to get owned by NOS out on the street, plus that's a good way to get a bad rep for your car. I know celica's our slower than snot, but adding NOS is just making your car look worse cause that is the only aftermarket you can afford for your car, which means you shouldn't be racing in the first place.
post Feb 23, 2003 - 10:40 PM
+Quote Post
AJcelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 13, '02
From BC, Canada
Currently Offline

i think it's kind of a cheap mod for your car... i mean it's extremely hard to compete with so much boost, and if you're the other guy it's not even worth your time to race...

just my honest opinion...
post Feb 23, 2003 - 10:53 PM
+Quote Post
FallenHero

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '02
From Alabama
Currently Offline

I think it's a mod to make your car go faster. I see it just like a turbo. Turbo's take time to spool up before boost. So, should people ask you to take off your turbo before they race, or go get a turbo themselves?
post Feb 23, 2003 - 11:04 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Now if i had a turbo (t-66 or t-88) and i was racing someone that had a N/A w/NOS then i would be gung ho. But if i was N/A against a N/A w/NOS then i would tell the person to shove the hose up his azz and hit the button and see what his 1/4mi time is. Even a stock turbo @ 8psi isn't really that big of a competition for NOS since a 100shot of NOS can do like 200hp increase (i think, just guesstimating).
post Feb 23, 2003 - 11:18 PM
+Quote Post
FallenHero

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '02
From Alabama
Currently Offline

LOL, that would blow an import to hell. Ok, here is am good way to look at nitrous. I saw a stock C-5 corvette dyno at um.... I'm thinking it was around 350ish. Now, with a 75 shot of TNT nos, he hit 500hp!!!
post Feb 23, 2003 - 11:32 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

so 100 shot is = 200hp roughly.
post Feb 23, 2003 - 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
AJcelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 13, '02
From BC, Canada
Currently Offline

DAY-UM!!!!!!!
post Feb 24, 2003 - 12:24 AM
+Quote Post
CruwL

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 31, '02
From idaho
Currently Offline

i can totally see y u would be pissed if u pulled up to race a car that was na w/nos. the guy/girl had nothing done to the car but nos that would be cheap. no if he did all the stuff most of u do and decided to go nos instead of engine swap or turbo i dont see nothing wrong wiht that just better hope u can out drive him or somthing
post Feb 24, 2003 - 12:44 AM
+Quote Post
snadman

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 1, '02
From Minnesota, USA
Currently Offline

I went against some huge supercrew truck this weekend with nitrous....not NOS grrrr....NOS doesn't mean nitrous but anyways....I won, because he was stuck at the stoplight...soemthing wasn't hooked up right and his ECU stalled his truck or something (I don't know for sure, I was laughing in my head msot of the time and wasn't paying any attention) lol...it was rather funny but I went back and helped him with whatever I coulkd....basically pushing the hting to the side of the road :-D

See....recing people with nitrous is that bad man! Sometimes you can win!

PLUS, I am zilch on the other two choices. Not enough funds as well as parents refusal keeps me from getting turbo or engine swap....just because they think it may be too much of an investment or somethoing i dunno....they say when im 18 i can do it ifg i want....but nitrous may be the way I want to go right now if I can prove to them how safe the Zex kit is now that they redesigned it.

--------------------
95 Toyota Celica GT
Dead for now --> Soon to have a 3S-GTE

02 WRX --> This is for speed
- Borla Exhaust
- TurboXS BOV
- Custom CAI

02 Civic EX
- MB Quart Reference 5.25" Components
- Rockford MTX 8" Subs in the doors
- Alpine Type S Rear Fills
- 2x Alpine SWR-1042D Subs in a custom fiberglass box
- Alpine F345 Amp for the front doors
- Alpine M605 on each Type R
- Phoenix Gold wiring
- Alpine CDA-9855 Head Unit
- Alpine Amp link
- 2x Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Caps
- The best Viper 791 alarm install ever
post Feb 24, 2003 - 2:22 AM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

People don't get NOS because they can't afford a turbo or swap, it's cause they want to be just like F&F.
And yes it is called NOS, it was before F&F and will be called the tomorrow.
post Feb 24, 2003 - 2:30 AM
+Quote Post
forkee

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 13, '02
From So Cal
Currently Offline

2 Fast 2 Furious, will not be featuring Nitrous Oxide Systems, but rather Nitrous Express, or so i've heard.. tongue.gif

--------------------
post Feb 24, 2003 - 2:41 AM
+Quote Post
hiflytsi

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '03
From Concord, NC
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Neipas09 @ Feb 24, 2003 - 12:22 AM)
People don't get NOS because they can't afford a turbo or swap, it's cause they want to be just like F&F.
And yes it is called NOS, it was before F&F and will be called the tomorrow.

Well, NOS is the name of the company and nitrous is what the gas is called, and FF2 does feature N.eX.

Edit-
Also, a modified car should just stick to its enigine mod Bracket, i.e., Forced Induction, Nitrous N/A, Nitrous Modified, N/A, and so on...

This post has been edited by hiflytsi: Feb 24, 2003 - 2:43 AM
post Feb 24, 2003 - 3:00 AM
+Quote Post
Guest_Matthew_*

ok i have some input for this thread. nos is good in a sense. if you have a big turbo t-66 and bigger. then definitely get nos even a 35 shot will help your turbo spool up faster. and also will cool the air and fuel in the cylinders also resulting in more power. One thing though. nos is only good it you a have a big turbo. I personally don't like nos. turbos are way more effecient and in the end turbos will pay for themselves in comparison to NOS. So get yourself a medium sixed turbo. like a greddy TD06SH or something like that.

Also 100 shot of nos=100hp. approx.
post Feb 24, 2003 - 3:13 AM
+Quote Post
No0bOne

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 5, '03
From Bay Area
Currently Offline

Ahh you beat me to it matt! It's cool.
IMO, NOS is just a waste. It's like wasting your money puffin on cigarettes as they diminish than you'd have to buy another one. But turbo is a different story, BOOST will always be there for ya. But than again, NOs is like replacing your performance $hits. OKay i'md one for.
post Feb 24, 2003 - 3:22 AM
+Quote Post
Guest_Matthew_*

and also if you buy yourself a 3s just think of the possiblities. you can replace all of the internals of that engine for about 5 g's from JUN. I'm talking crankshafts, pistons, cams, valves, valve springs, piston rings, valve retainers, connecting rods, valve sleeves, etc. that will put you at about 325hp at stock boost. race some of those punks with NOS with no internal engine supports. waste them and collect some cash. or watch them blow there engine. sure they might have headers and an intake. and your engine looks stock. but they can't see inside it. they're engine only is good on the outside with some spray paint and bright colored wire looms.
post Feb 24, 2003 - 5:10 AM
+Quote Post
95STCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 12, '02
From New Jersey
Currently Offline

QUOTE (igotta5S-FEturbo @ Feb 24, 2003 - 1:22 AM)
and also if you buy yourself a 3s just think of the possiblities. you can replace all of the internals of that engine for about 5 g's from JUN. I'm talking crankshafts, pistons, cams, valves, valve springs, piston rings, valve retainers, connecting rods, valve sleeves, etc. that will put you at about 325hp at stock boost. race some of those punks with NOS with no internal engine supports. waste them and collect some cash. or watch them blow there engine. sure they might have headers and an intake. and your engine looks stock. but they can't see inside it. they're engine only is good on the outside with some spray paint and bright colored wire looms.

perfectly said.

a lot of people say that NOS is best for "bang for the buck" but to me its like pissing in the wind...you keep paying for it and you can only use it in short spurts...

turbo = biggrin.gif
post Feb 24, 2003 - 6:08 AM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Yes turbo does = biggrin.gif

Plus you don't have to refill your turbo after every run.
post Feb 24, 2003 - 9:22 PM
+Quote Post
RedSunCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 29, '02
From San Diego CA
Currently Offline

what ever happened to run what you bring

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 2:38 PM