> roomate issue, i donno what to do any more...big read
post Nov 18, 2007 - 1:08 PM
+Quote Post
Valo666

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '05
From Toronto
Currently Offline

So, back in June, me, sarah *my gf* and my roomate from last year when i was in residence all moved into a house. When we first got the house, it was just me there for a good 2 or 3 months by my self. Since the day we got this house though, ive been having problems with my roomate from last year, chris. The first problems that started was that when we got the place, we agreed that every month, we all split the bills, if we are there or not. So, the first month, i got my $ from him, second month, he was hesitant and only paid me half, 3rd month, he refused to pay me saying he doesnt have any $ *but at this point in time, he was working for a factory that makes parts for honda, gettin paid $28/hr working 48 hours +*. So i said w/e, and i paid his half. We got over it, it was done. But also, since i was the only person who was living there at the time, i had stuff laid out where i wanted it/where i knew it was. I was doing some little projects and had some tools, nuts and bolts, etc laying around. He would come back every 2 weeks or so for a day, have some one over, go on a cleaning spree, move all my crap some where where i couldnt find it for a few weeks, and b!tch at me for not having the place clean all the time. Any ways, we got over it. Now, hes back in school, not working, my gf is in school and working, and im unemployed trying to find a job. I probably spend 4 out of 5 days a week going out and handing out resumes, looking for jobs on the internet, etc. But he thinks because im not working, that i should stay home all the time and clean up the place. He actually wanted to sit down with me and sarah and talk about cleaning *witch he never does unless hes having ppl over, and even then its moving stuff into cupboards, behind the couch, etc*. So he pretty much wanted us to sit down so he could b!tch me out saying that i never clean and that since im not working i should b cleaning the house and be his maid essentialy. So i told him off and told him that i clean more then he does and just because im not working right now doesnt means that i spend my entire day at home cleaning up after him and every one else. So, we worked all that out. But now heres the new big thing.

He is one of thouse guys who will like a girl who doesnt like him, obsess over her for ever, and if she goes out with some one else, he will get completely depressed and shut down...at first. Then he will go on a big rage trip against the guy whos dating her. This is happening right now. He liked this girl who lived down the hall from us back in residence who was in a 4 year long relationship, and was his friend for 2 years. Now that shes out of this relationship, he started to like her, but she didnt like him because she see's him as a brother now. So he tryed to work around that, but one of his best friend's friends, who he is also kinda close with, has had a crush on her for pretty much 2 years now, and finaly told this girl he likes her. So now they are going out. So now Chris is completely pissed off at both of them, any of his friends who knew this guy liked her and didnt tell him, and pretty much all of her friends. So now he walks around the house all the time bitching and complaining about both of them and how much he hates them and blah blah blah.

So any ways, since that whole deal happened, hes been drinking alot more then he usually does. Hes a bit of lightweight as is *about 4 and hes semi-sauced*. Any ways, hes been in the routein now of having at least 5 beers per night now. And every weekend, hes out every day drinking, and gettin completely sauced. Last night, he had about 5 beers b4 he left to go downtown. So at about 3:20ish this morning, him and his friend steve came home, completely and utterly smashed out of their minds. He woke me and sarah up and kept us up untill about 5 because they were fighting, both physicaly, and verbaly. Like yelling loud enough that we could hear word for word what was happening on the first floor. So while they were having this big loud discussion, they ended up coming upstairs and decided to have a chat in the hall way. The way our house is layed out, is theres the stairs coming up on the far left of the hall, the bathroom infront of it, chris's room on the same side of the hall right beside it, a closet across from him, then me and sarah's room on the same side of the hall as chris's room and the stairs, then across from us, we have our spare room/my room. We each pay the same for rent, so we are each entitled to our own rooms, so me and sarah got the biggest one to share, chris got the second biggest and then i took the smallest one as my own little room for my other computer, my skis, video games, my guitar etc. Any ways, between my little room and me and sarahs room, we have a skylight in the hall. So there is a big gap just above the door that goes up about 15 feet to the skylight. So, we can hear and see every thing thats going on in the hall. So first off, chris goes into my spare room that has a fouton in it, throws every thing off the fouton onto the floor, opens it up, and yells at his friend steve to sleep in that room. So he yells for 15 min, then they start gettin into a conversation really loudly right out side of our door about ppl he knows and stuff. So he starts off complaining about that guy whos going out with the girl he likes and how hes rich and slacks off and blah blah blah. Then he some how makes it to me and sarah after a few people. So he starts off "Now, now...sarah...i admire her. She goes to school and works, and is soo nice and pretty. Bryan doesn deserve to be with her. Hes such a f*cking a$$hole. He doesnt do any thing, he doesnt work, NEVER HAS! *even though i did work for nissan for a short stint about a month and ahalf ago*, He doesnt do any thing around here, except play video games, and make a mess and be a little b!tch. Man, i can barely afford to pay my rent and bills and stuff, and hes gettin a free ride off his parents. *he cant afford to pay his rent cuz he spent every single penny he made over the summer on his car and stupid things. His parents are split up, and he went out and bought 2 32" flatscreen LCD tvs, 1 for his moms place and 1 for his dads, and he complains he has no $. And right now, my parents are helping me out but im paying them back every dollar they lend me.*" So then his friend steve goes on and is like "so hes a sheep, pretty much being led on by his parents and does what ever they say with out any conciquences." Chris:"YEA! and it f*ckin pisses me off, hes such a duchebag. His car sucks, hes a complete jackass who doesnt help any one but him self, he doesnt deserve to be with sarah, hes a complete dipsh!t!"

He went on like this for about another 20 min of just badmouthing me. Any ways, i eventually got up and went to the bathroom after he was finished. At this point i was wide wide wide awake, but i walked by pretending that i had just woken up. So when i came out, i passed by his room and he was just stareing at me. So i just asked him "are you gonna be going to bed any time soon? because its almost 5 in the morning, sarah has work at noon, you have work at 10 *that he was 2 and a half hours late for this morning, new job too* and i have alot of stuff i have to do tomorrow." And hes like "yea i know what time it is, and you having somethin to do?! HA! thats a joke!" So i just walked on and went into my room.

Any ways, im just gettin sick of him always complaining about every one, bad mouthing us, not doing any thing around the house, stealing our stuff *he stole 2 of my socket wrenches*, using all of our stuff *ive had to spend $40 on ink for my printer in the last 7 months on printing stuff for him because he doesnt wanna go buy a new cartridge for his printer*, him eating all of our food *i made two 2 pound pork tenderloins last week, me and sar had one for dinner, then he came in, and made 3/4 of the other one i made for dinner, only ate about 1/4 of what he took, then threw the rest out*, just assuming he and his friends can use my spare room when ever they want *his friend steve is still in there sleeping, and when i went in to see if he was still there, my computer was on, my amp was on, my $1100 bass guitar was sitting on the floor instead of on its stand, my skis were knocked over and laying across the floor* and not cleaning up after him self *i went down to get some breakfast and there was fries all over the place from last night, burger wrappers, and ketchup all over the floor.

I just donno what to do any more. Im gettin sick and tired of dealing with his sh!t. Like im a pretty tolerable guy, and i can usually stand stuff like this, but when ive had to deal with it for as long as i have, im gettin sick of it. He wasnt this bad in residence, but he was still pretty bad. Any ideas of what to do? Gettin him kicked out is out of the picture because he signed the lease with us, plus we can afford to b paying his share of the rent and bills. and we donno any one who would be willing to move in in replacement of him.

Posts in this topic
- Valo666   roomate issue   Nov 18, 2007 - 1:08 PM
- - Kadett   Didn't read everything but from what I have re...   Nov 18, 2007 - 1:14 PM
- - BloodyStupidDavey   Move all your stuff into your room and put a lock ...   Nov 18, 2007 - 1:15 PM
- - zachattack15   Sounds like your friend is a drama queen.   Nov 18, 2007 - 1:54 PM
- - xs94st   kick his ass. then see what happens. if he moves o...   Nov 18, 2007 - 2:31 PM
- - Valo666   ^^ yea that pretty much sounds like the female ver...   Nov 18, 2007 - 2:57 PM
- - 95CelicaST   Whilst he is out drinking, you should have the loc...   Nov 19, 2007 - 12:07 AM
- - MarcoGTS   yeah, thats the problem of having to split up a ho...   Nov 19, 2007 - 5:53 AM
- - fastgt   this sounds like a job for a good ol' baseball...   Nov 19, 2007 - 12:13 PM
- - zero07   Found myself skimming through after like the 2nd p...   Nov 19, 2007 - 1:06 PM
- - soulshadow   It was way tooo Long. I think you should just kik ...   Nov 19, 2007 - 1:09 PM
- - fastgt   Want to make him move out. easy But this will onl...   Nov 19, 2007 - 1:23 PM
- - FreddyTheOthaMeat   Uh, i think the first mistake was having a roommat...   Nov 19, 2007 - 5:14 PM
- - GriffGirl   Do you have a lease, and if so, is his name on it?...   Nov 19, 2007 - 7:09 PM
- - bccentaur3   Dude I totally had a roommate like that my first y...   Nov 19, 2007 - 8:04 PM
- - xs94st   any updates bryan??   Nov 19, 2007 - 9:14 PM
- - Valo666   well...hes acting like every things normal..the ke...   Nov 20, 2007 - 1:11 AM
- - 95CelicaST   Figurative kick to the teeth FTL Literal kick to ...   Nov 20, 2007 - 12:36 PM
- - Valo666   lol   Nov 20, 2007 - 3:30 PM
- - joehernandez   QUOTE(fastgt @ Nov 19, 2007 - 1:23 P...   Nov 20, 2007 - 3:46 PM
|- - Sinyk   I find it amusing that most people's responses...   Nov 20, 2007 - 4:42 PM
- - Valo666   well...its now wensday...he still hasnt cleaned up...   Nov 21, 2007 - 3:06 PM
- - duders   Damn I was thinking of rooming with my Best friend...   Nov 21, 2007 - 5:07 PM
- - xs94st   QUOTEDamn I was thinking of rooming with my Best f...   Nov 21, 2007 - 8:20 PM
- - 94celigts   change the locks man. or just **** his **** up. th...   Nov 22, 2007 - 2:23 PM
- - Jared95   dude your to nice of a guy....just beat his ass .....   Nov 22, 2007 - 2:31 PM
- - Valo666   lol..his car is a bit nicer then mine..its a 97 32...   Nov 22, 2007 - 3:28 PM
- - Jared95   ahhhh well you know what that means man...sell abo...   Nov 22, 2007 - 4:03 PM
- - axelrduvirage   valo. you have reached maturity. he may never. ...   Nov 22, 2007 - 4:26 PM
- - Jared95   to bad im joking mr mature....and yeah i am 17 so ...   Nov 22, 2007 - 4:38 PM
|- - axelrduvirage   QUOTE(Jared95 @ Nov 22, 2007 - 5:38 ...   Nov 22, 2007 - 6:58 PM
- - DangerboyJr   Hey Brian. Ill Move in with ya.. lol.   Nov 22, 2007 - 5:53 PM
- - Jared95   ohh ha my bad i thought u were talking about what ...   Nov 22, 2007 - 7:31 PM
- - Valo666   QUOTE(DangerboyJr @ Nov 22, 2007 - 5...   Nov 22, 2007 - 8:58 PM
- - DangerboyJr   Oh well.. I tried.. lol.. I would if I was going t...   Nov 22, 2007 - 9:02 PM
- - Valo666   mohawk? U of Windsor isnt all that great any ways....   Nov 23, 2007 - 12:22 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 16th, 2024 - 7:11 AM