6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Airbags....Hydro's...uh..what?, I'm such a newb at those things.
post May 1, 2003 - 4:33 PM
+Quote Post
XE_Nathaniel

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 14, '03
From Long Beach, CA
Currently Offline

I don't know that much about those airbags and hydros. Does anyone have a picture of their Celica hopped up on them? Also how much would it cost to install one of those systems in my Celica Convertible? (everything including labor) I know not alot of people like that kind of stuff.....but I have a convertible and I think it would be fun to go up and down long beach with my car goign up and down with the top off. Also..is it illegal to play with your system (going up and down) on public roads? Any relevent information would be great! Thanks

-Nate biggrin.gif
post May 4, 2003 - 5:07 AM
+Quote Post
KAMiX

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

That would suck on a celica tongue.gif IT'S A DAMN SPORTS CAR!!

all I'm gonna say.
post May 4, 2003 - 3:46 PM
+Quote Post
bojangles_8686

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 12, '02
From Baltimore, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (kamixZR @ May 4, 2003 - 2:21 AM)
That would suck on a celica tongue.gif IT'S A DAMN SPORTS CAR!!

all I'm gonna say.

I totally agree.

--------------------
post May 7, 2003 - 2:38 PM
+Quote Post
XE_Nathaniel

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 14, '03
From Long Beach, CA
Currently Offline

SPORTS CAR? my Celica convertible with heavy AFTERMARKET chop and etc? I would never but hydro's and such on a hardtop etc etc (you know where im leading). I wanan know information not opinion. biggrin.gif

-Nate
post May 8, 2003 - 2:59 AM
+Quote Post
Travis

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 24, '03
From virginia
Currently Offline

I think hydro's would slow you down so damn much, those things carry so much friggn' weight. I know from installs on my buddies 63' impala they ran 1600 to 2300 bones for a decent install, then you have to factor in the stress your adding to your rig, ***weight, suspension stress, tires. I'm not really certain on bags, I know there up there around a grand depending on if you want a remote and tank or just pull into your local 7-11 and pump that sh*t up. I think anyone who drives w/a body kit and lowered springs thinks about it everytime they come across a friggn speed bump, but in all honesty I wouldn't want that much weight, be like 3 angry fat women in the back seat! Just my 2 cent, but if your going to do it, I think bags would be the best!
post May 8, 2003 - 7:28 PM
+Quote Post
Inferno

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '03
From Virginia
Currently Offline

I think airbags would be a lot less weight and work better. Either way you go, upgrade the suspension also, if you haven't already. And if you're going to get something like airbags, you would be best to get top quality, with controllers and your own compressor. I think that'd be the best way to go. Also...I believe it is, in fact, illegal to operate them on the road(exceptions being parades and such). You can operate them in parking lots, though. But, be sure to check your local and state laws.
post May 8, 2003 - 8:56 PM
+Quote Post
iceman23

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 25, '02
From Tokyo, Japan
Currently Offline

I used to work at a company in Memphis TN where we had mechanics who installed stereos, body kits and hydraulics. I know it sounds cool....hitting your switches in the drop top under the sun...I used to think the same thing. You obviously don't personally know anybody with hydro's. Hydraulics are meant to be used very sparingly (like once or twice a month for competition purposes ONLY) When you get down on the strip and start hitting them every day or even every other day, you end up having to get under your car and you get hydraulic fluid and crap all over you. I'm actually not even sure you COULD get a really good hydraulic system on your car because you don't have the room for your batteries, pumps or dumps. You'd be making WAY too big of an investment and risk getting hydraulics...they're a pain in the arse. Bags would look pretty good, but they're even more expensive than hydros...but if you got the bread to break for good ones....that would be my choics.
post May 9, 2003 - 3:21 PM
+Quote Post
XE_Nathaniel

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 14, '03
From Long Beach, CA
Currently Offline

Thanks alot guys......screw it ill just go with coilovers LOL

-Nate biggrin.gif
post May 9, 2003 - 5:54 PM
+Quote Post
Inferno

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '03
From Virginia
Currently Offline

Sounds awesome to me, Nathan. Just keep us posted!
post May 11, 2003 - 11:18 AM
+Quote Post
1exquizitcelica

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 2, '03
From Las Vegas
Currently Offline

hey dude to answer your question on hydros.............yes it can be done....check out my ride i got juice on my ****........took 3 days.........1400 labor to install and 900 for the kit.includes 2 chrome pump 4 dumps 10 switches 4 batteries. thats directly from the shop that installed mine.......6" in front and 8" in rear.......cant go no bigger then 6" in front or u will pull ur shafts out of the tranny....as for air canisters.there are a couple air canisters out there that work with macpherson suspensions but im not sure as to how they work/installed. as for the hydros.....u need reverse flow cylinders..contact pro hopper hydraulics....... pro hopper or call them at 1-818-901-6100 and talk to eric..pro hopper is my sponsor and i got there 2 chrome pump setup with accumulators. if your gonna do hydros on ur celi get the accumulators make the ride alot smoother instead of bumpy like the classic cars are on juice. juice is great....i love my setup. f,b,s,s,4 corner,seesaw,pancake. any other questions bout juice gimme a holler...... iexquizitcelica@aol.com

Cliff

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 8:57 AM