6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DWIGHT HOWARD...ARE U FREAKIN SERIOUS???
post Feb 18, 2008 - 12:21 AM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bX80awk8rag

I thought i have seen everything in the slam dunk contest. I thought everythings been done until i saw Dwight Howard. His Superman dunk??? That's UNREAL. Move over Jordan cuz we have a new king of dunk.

This post has been edited by Sh0gunkid8721: Feb 18, 2008 - 12:25 AM

--------------------
Note to new members. Discussions such as the ones below are forbidden.
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26310&hl=
post Feb 18, 2008 - 12:31 AM
+Quote Post
bccentaur3

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 29, '07
From Hoyt Lakes, MN
Currently Offline

You have got to be kidding me. I can't believe I missed this. But did he actually dunk the superman one? It all happened so fast, it looked like he just threw it in.

--------------------
98 Celica gt red- totaled deer
94 Celica st black DD (bad weather beater)- totaled deer
95 Celica gt silver- chassis sold
88 Celica All-Trac (Burned to a crisp)
94 Celica gt white (sold)

In need of a rust free chassis!!!!
post Feb 18, 2008 - 12:34 AM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 17, 2008 - 10:31 PM) [snapback]642658[/snapback]

You have got to be kidding me. I can't believe I missed this. But did he actually dunk the superman one? It all happened so fast, it looked like he just threw it in.

He THREW it in. To me thats even more amazing and i dont care if it was an accident. To be able to THROW it in like that, you'd have to get serious elevation to do that. No other player in NBA history couldve done his 1st 2 dunks.

--------------------
post Feb 18, 2008 - 12:41 AM
+Quote Post
bccentaur3

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 29, '07
From Hoyt Lakes, MN
Currently Offline

Dude Vince Carter couldve done that when he was at his prime.

--------------------

post Feb 18, 2008 - 12:56 AM
+Quote Post
dabazied

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 10, '07
From Riverside, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Sh0gunkid8721 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 5:34 AM) [snapback]642659[/snapback]

QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 17, 2008 - 10:31 PM) [snapback]642658[/snapback]

He THREW it in. To me thats even more amazing and i dont care if it was an accident. To be able to THROW it in like that, you'd have to get serious elevation to do that. No other player in NBA history couldve done his 1st 2 dunks.

They were some pretty cool dunks, yet I think you are definitely underestimating some of the legends from when they were in their prime.

--------------------

She's Alive...... Again!!!
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Nov 17, 2009 - 5:53 AM) *
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Nov 16, 2009 - 8:53 PM) *
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Nov 16, 2009 - 11:51 PM) *
Sweet Jesus.

You rang?

Sorry, wrong number. :laugh:
post Feb 18, 2008 - 12:58 AM
+Quote Post
Defgeph

Joined Apr 17, '03
From Rockland NY
Currently Offline

Larry Bird could do this with his eyes closed. kindasad.gif

--------------------

I will return one day.
post Feb 18, 2008 - 1:41 AM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 17, 2008 - 10:41 PM) [snapback]642663[/snapback]

No he couldnt. Not because he wasnt talented but Howard was able to do those dunks cuz of his size. Theres no player in NBA history that was as big as he is with his vertical. That is David Robinson or somebody the size of Patrick Ewing having Vince Carter's vertical. There is no way in hell Vince wouldve been able to do those dunks. No offense to Vince, but Howard couldve dunked the ball and put his arm through the basket with his eyes closed. Jordan, Dr. J, Spudd Webb, Dominique were all more graceful than Howard but when it comes to creativity and freakish ability. They dont even come close. 7 footers are not supposed to be able to jump like Jordan.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=acKHOMPHPAY

can vince get that high?

This post has been edited by Sh0gunkid8721: Feb 18, 2008 - 1:52 AM

--------------------
post Feb 18, 2008 - 1:53 AM
+Quote Post
bccentaur3

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 29, '07
From Hoyt Lakes, MN
Currently Offline

Nice job. You've backed your point up pretty well. That is a good way to put it too.

--------------------

post Feb 18, 2008 - 3:13 AM
+Quote Post
neKronos

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 28, '04
From Ann Arbor MI
Currently Offline

Altho it is ****ing amazing.
He threw it in, therefor not a dunk and shouldve been DQ'd

post Feb 18, 2008 - 4:22 AM
+Quote Post
SlickRick

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '07
From So Cal
Currently Offline

QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 5:41 AM) [snapback]642663[/snapback]

X2 Vince could have done those dunks and its a pretty bold statment to say NO ONE in NBA history could do the dunks he did. And the Superman was not a dunk, it was kinda lame in replay he could not get close enough to the rim. The 1st and 3rd were good. And Vince Carter is not as big but can still do all those dunks. And lets not for get the first person to win a dunk contest was "Leapin" Larry Nance he was 6'11 just like Howard. wink.gif

--------------------
Your signature is not allowed on 6GC - Defgeph
post Feb 18, 2008 - 2:16 PM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

QUOTE(SlickRick @ Feb 18, 2008 - 2:22 AM) [snapback]642719[/snapback]

X2 Vince could have done those dunks and its a pretty bold statment to say NO ONE in NBA history could do the dunks he did. And the Superman was not a dunk, it was kinda lame in replay he could not get close enough to the rim. The 1st and 3rd were good. And Vince Carter is not as big but can still do all those dunks. And lets not for get the first person to win a dunk contest was "Leapin" Larry Nance he was 6'11 just like Howard. wink.gif

The Superman was 100 times harder than a dunk...he shouldve gotten 100 points rather than 50 just for the degree of difficulty. Nobody in NBA history couldve done those dunks. If they couldve it wouldve been done already...plain and simple. It hasnt been done because it wasnt physically capable for anybody in the past to do it. In the 30 year history of the slam dunk contest, hes the only one that has done the dunks he's done. So yes. Michael Jordans free throw dunk...its been done by Dr. J and Brent Barry. Hell HIGH SCHOOL kids are doin it. The Eastbay Funk where JR RIder puts it threw his legs. Been done. Nobody can throw it off the back of the backboard...reach around and dunk it from BEHIND the net. Its physically not possible for anybody else to do it...and for those that are big enough, dont have the vertical that he has. He's a great leaper and is the most innovative and creative dunker. Larry Nance couldnt hold the jockstraps that Howard wears. He dunks but and he is 6'11" but doesnt have the vertical that Howard has.

This post has been edited by Sh0gunkid8721: Feb 18, 2008 - 2:25 PM

--------------------
post Feb 18, 2008 - 2:51 PM
+Quote Post
tomazws

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 30, '04
From So Cal
Currently Offline

This is the most interesting dunk since 2000 when Vince Carter combined the windmill with a 360, and then came back to shove his whole forearm into the rim.

--------------------
post Feb 18, 2008 - 4:54 PM
+Quote Post
SlickRick

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '07
From So Cal
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Sh0gunkid8721 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 7:16 PM) [snapback]642822[/snapback]

QUOTE(SlickRick @ Feb 18, 2008 - 2:22 AM) [snapback]642719[/snapback]

The Superman was 100 times harder than a dunk...he shouldve gotten 100 points rather than 50 just for the degree of difficulty. Nobody in NBA history couldve done those dunks. If they couldve it wouldve been done already...plain and simple. It hasnt been done because it wasnt physically capable for anybody in the past to do it. In the 30 year history of the slam dunk contest, hes the only one that has done the dunks he's done. So yes. Michael Jordans free throw dunk...its been done by Dr. J and Brent Barry. Hell HIGH SCHOOL kids are doin it. The Eastbay Funk where JR RIder puts it threw his legs. Been done. Nobody can throw it off the back of the backboard...reach around and dunk it from BEHIND the net. Its physically not possible for anybody else to do it...and for those that are big enough, dont have the vertical that he has. He's a great leaper and is the most innovative and creative dunker. Larry Nance couldnt hold the jockstraps that Howard wears. He dunks but and he is 6'11" but doesnt have the vertical that Howard has.

Just no one has thought of the dunks thats why no one has done them, i mean 5 years from now Howards dunks will look like a High school dunk contest. Its ridiculous to say its not possible 2 do the dunks Howard does that just sounds like fan boy talk. What about the 720 (it was more of a 540) but that cannot be done by Howard bcuz of his size. Athletes r getting better bcuz of modern tranning so as time goes on Howards dunks will look like childs play. And there r at least 5 guy in the NBA or playing pro that can do his dunks. And the superman dunk was ugly it was not even a dunk he didnt get close enough. I mean u should like howard agent saying some of the crazy things u say about his dunks.

--------------------
Your signature is not allowed on 6GC - Defgeph
post Feb 18, 2008 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
CelicaST_CALI

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 28, '07
Currently Offline

WTF i started a topic on this and no one replied,thanks shogun tongue.gif lol,and the cupcake one was better, its a dunk contest not a jump contest...

This post has been edited by CelicaST_CALI: Feb 18, 2008 - 9:00 PM

--------------------
BANNED. for life, you moron.
post Feb 19, 2008 - 7:04 PM
+Quote Post
shin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 21, '04
From New York City
Currently Offline

he didn't dunk that superman... he threw it in.. lookin back vince carter's year 2000 competition, his was more interesting.

--------------------
IPB Image
Turbo install made possible thanks to Team J.D.M.
officially 5SFTE junior member
~*MuH NeW RiDe*~
post Feb 21, 2008 - 12:59 AM
+Quote Post
95st-celica

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 29, '07
From Philly
Currently Offline

i wasnt impressed....MJ was leavin from the free throw line and DUNKING it...i guess caus he wore the cape he gets a 10 but thats about it....MJ would do crazier **** in a real game then these dudes are doin in a slam dunk contest...it was nice...but it was no duck...he threw it in and by luck it went it....MJ and Dr. J have done better dunks in the past...come on now

now this is a slam dunk contest:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wqPRdzrjWpU

This post has been edited by 95st-celica: Feb 21, 2008 - 1:00 AM

--------------------

I"M NOT A TOYOTA FAN, IM A FANATIC
1984 accord hatch 5 speed (T-Belt)-Junkyard
1991 VDUB jetta wolfsburg Ed. 5 speed (clutch)-junkyard
1988 Dodge Aries K (sold)
1969 Chevy El camino - Traded for celica
1991 Dodge Daytona-Traded for Celica
1988 Chevy Camaro-Work in Progress
1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 - For Sale
1995 Toyota Celica-Work in Progress
post Feb 21, 2008 - 1:08 AM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

QUOTE(95st-celica @ Feb 20, 2008 - 10:59 PM) [snapback]643943[/snapback]

i wasnt impressed....MJ was leavin from the free throw line and DUNKING it...i guess caus he wore the cape he gets a 10 but thats about it....MJ would do crazier **** in a real game then these dudes are doin in a slam dunk contest...it was nice...but it was no duck...he threw it in and by luck it went it....MJ and Dr. J have done better dunks in the past...come on now

now this is a slam dunk contest:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wqPRdzrjWpU

If Dwight Howard wanted to copy somebody and be lame and unoriginal, i bet u a million dollars he could take off from the free throw line and dunk it with ease. If a white guy can do it, im not impressed. Sorry. Yea i went there. Why was the Superman "dunk" so impressive? HE JUMP STOPPED almost at the free throw line and almost got there. JUMP STOP. For anybody that has actually played, its so much harder to jump with 2 feet and dunk rather than one foot. But i dont expect non-ballers to understand the level of difficulty. His dunks were "ORIGINAL." Not a copycat of Dr. J. I was never really impressed with Jordan in dunk competitions. He's by far the greatest player ever and the moves he makes in games are legendary but in dunk contests? How many windmills, through the legs, free throw line dunks can u see? The only other dunker that blew me away really were Nate Robinson's stand still through the legs off the backboard dunk and obviously Spudd Webb. Other than that, Dwight takes the cake.

This post has been edited by Sh0gunkid8721: Feb 21, 2008 - 1:13 AM

--------------------
post Feb 21, 2008 - 1:18 AM
+Quote Post
95st-celica

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 29, '07
From Philly
Currently Offline

im sure dr. j/MJ could have gotten the top of the back board if they wanted to...i doubt they ever tried...theres too many stupid props in the dunk contest...a sticker at the top of the backboard to show how high he jumped?? a little corny in my book...but its expected now a days i guess....i liked it back in the day better when they actually had some respect rather then being all about themselves and thinking how great they are...heres another great vid of Dr. j...the nest one is the last dunk....friggin incrediable....i know its not in a duck contest but theres someone garding him....that makes it 10x better...check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx2hVWvgd9w

--------------------

I"M NOT A TOYOTA FAN, IM A FANATIC
1984 accord hatch 5 speed (T-Belt)-Junkyard
1991 VDUB jetta wolfsburg Ed. 5 speed (clutch)-junkyard
1988 Dodge Aries K (sold)
1969 Chevy El camino - Traded for celica
1991 Dodge Daytona-Traded for Celica
1988 Chevy Camaro-Work in Progress
1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 - For Sale
1995 Toyota Celica-Work in Progress
post Feb 21, 2008 - 1:22 AM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

QUOTE(shin @ Feb 19, 2008 - 5:04 PM) [snapback]643372[/snapback]

he didn't dunk that superman... he threw it in.. lookin back vince carter's year 2000 competition, his was more interesting.

sorry but Vince is a 2 guard...Howard is a 6'11" center. Centers are not supposed to move like that. Id like to see Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson do the things Howard did. Howard is a 6'11" that jumps like Vince.

--------------------
post Feb 21, 2008 - 1:31 AM
+Quote Post
Sh0gunkid8721

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '03
Currently Offline

QUOTE(95st-celica @ Feb 20, 2008 - 11:18 PM) [snapback]643947[/snapback]

im sure dr. j/MJ could have gotten the top of the back board if they wanted to...i doubt they ever tried...theres too many stupid props in the dunk contest...a sticker at the top of the backboard to show how high he jumped?? a little corny in my book...but its expected now a days i guess....i liked it back in the day better when they actually had some respect rather then being all about themselves and thinking how great they are...heres another great vid of Dr. j...the nest one is the last dunk....friggin incrediable....i know its not in a duck contest but theres someone garding him....that makes it 10x better...check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx2hVWvgd9w

im talking NBA Dunk competitions...Dwight Howard put on the greatest performance in the last couple DECADES in my opinion, simply because it's so difficult to be original nowadays. Every year...off the backboard, free throw line, through the legs, 180 dunk, same cr*p every year. Howard did things never seen in the dunk competitions...

The 2 best dunks ive ever seen in my entire life obviously goes to Taurian Fontenette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt001pBcwjM

and the LEGENDARY James White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4L-_Wic78

they make Jordan and Vince look like nothing. Howard is still one of the best dunkers in NBA history. Im still convinced.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 6th, 2022 - 6:50 PM