> redtop 3sge woe's
post Oct 3, 2013 - 4:16 PM
+Quote Post
rdyzz

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 27, '11
From minnesota
Currently Offline

it was $156 at the local oreilys, but since its for a civic its probably readily available cheaper through other sources.
post Oct 4, 2013 - 3:48 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

Nice, I think the Echo ISCV I was looking at was around $160 from Rock Auto. I'll do some shopping around for a Civic ISCV.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 4, 2013 - 7:24 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

I'm assuming the civic has 2 nipples did u just plug one

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Oct 4, 2013 - 6:51 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

thats wierd there is only one. water needs to flow through the IAC.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 4, 2013 - 8:57 PM
+Quote Post
rdyzz

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 27, '11
From minnesota
Currently Offline

the one with the two port is the civic one, the one with the single port is the 3sge's. it only has one port cause it has a thermostatic water inlet for the other one. also the only reason there is for coolant to flow in the iac is to keep it and the throttle body from freezing in the winter. if you don't drive your car in the winter or live in a cold state it wouldn't be a big deal to have those not hooked up.

This post has been edited by rdyzz: Oct 4, 2013 - 8:59 PM
post Oct 4, 2013 - 9:27 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rdyzz @ Oct 4, 2013 - 6:57 PM) *
the one with the two port is the civic one, the one with the single port is the 3sge's. it only has one port cause it has a thermostatic water inlet for the other one. also the only reason there is for coolant to flow in the iac is to keep it and the throttle body from freezing in the winter. if you don't drive your car in the winter or live in a cold state it wouldn't be a big deal to have those not hooked up.

im well aware of what the water flow in the IAC is for, but perhaps you can enlighten me about the thermostatic water inlet?

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 4, 2013 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
rdyzz

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 27, '11
From minnesota
Currently Offline

the coolant passage must be rerouted in the throttle body. i have not done much analyzing of it since i installed the iac with the throttle body on the car. here's a picture of what it looks like in the link. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/56/p1...640x480yu0.jpg/ i would imagine that it just opens up when the coolant gets hot enough like all thermostat related items. why toyota did this i dont really know. the line that goes to it is from the oil cooler coolant hose, so i'm guess it's hot and once it gets hot enough it flows to the cool iac side which is on the same elbow as the water temp sensor.

This post has been edited by rdyzz: Oct 4, 2013 - 10:23 PM
post Dec 31, 2013 - 6:19 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

I replaced my ISCV today with the Honda Civic ISCV. Sure enough, it's virtually identical and works perfectly.

Comparing it to the BEAMS ISCV, the only difference is the coolant ports. On the BEAMS, the coolant goes in through the throttle body, circulates around, and exits through the ISCV. However, on the Civic the coolant enters and exits through the ISCV. This is a VERY easy fix- simply cap off one of the coolant ports on the Civic ISCV.

Civic on the left, BEAMS on the right.

New ISCV installed and photographic proof that it plugs right in.

I reset the ECU while I installed the new ISCV, then started the car up and let it idle and warm up. Everything runs much smoother now, no more occasional pulse on startup, and I should hopefully see an improvement in MPG as well since my mileage has been going down while the ISCV got worse and worse.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 31, 2013 - 6:54 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

I wish Honda and Toyota did this more often!

--------------------
post Sep 9, 2023 - 2:43 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

replaced this with an Honda AC delco brand. It caused a idle surging condition and oil control valve code. I do not advise to replace it with anything but OEM unit.

--------------------
For Sale Items:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 27th, 2024 - 8:10 AM