post Dec 2, 2018 - 8:52 PM
+Quote Post
GuYun14

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 13, '16
From Milwaukee
Currently Offline

What’s up fellow 6gc Celica enthusiast,

I just need some advice, tips, opinions, ideas, on what I want to do this next summer before I head out to school. I have a 1998 Celica GT which is unfortunately an auto. I only have next summer to work on my car so here’s what I have in mind at the moment:

•Suspension - since I do want try autocross this summer. I have Eibach springs with KYB struts, TRD front strut brace, OEM rear strut brace right now.
•Cams upgrade - since I do want a little power increase but don’t know how hard the install is.
•Body work - because the car does have a few ding and scratches here and there. And either new paint or plastdip
•Auto to manual swap – because manual.
•Engine swap – more powah! But maybe not in my price range.

Now know that I have no experience with any of these except suspension work. So, in the timeframe I have, what’s the most viable project to get done? Your opinions will very much be appreciated. biggrin.gif

Start new topic
Replies
post Dec 26, 2018 - 12:22 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Manual conversion was by far my favorite mod. It touches on everything that needs to be improved, and if you get lucky you may be able to find parts cheap. I was into it for only a couple hundred even with a new clutch plate and axle, did it over a week in my friends garage five years ago. No regrets. It did take about half a year to gather everything at cost, including great hook-ups from members here.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Dec 26, 2018 - 12:23 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Dec 31, 2018 - 6:16 PM
+Quote Post
GuYun14

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 13, '16
From Milwaukee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Dec 26, 2018 - 1:22 PM) *
Manual conversion was by far my favorite mod. It touches on everything that needs to be improved, and if you get lucky you may be able to find parts cheap. I was into it for only a couple hundred even with a new clutch plate and axle, did it over a week in my friends garage five years ago. No regrets. It did take about half a year to gather everything at cost, including great hook-ups from members here.

Yeah, that might be the route I take depending on gathering parts and cost. Or I might just find a donor car and swap things over for the ease of everything.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 15th, 2024 - 12:44 AM