> Safari Rally inspired build, tall and off road capable 6G - GT
post Jul 23, 2018 - 12:26 PM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

I haven't ironed out all the plans, most project cars are open to constant change right. I will be converting this very cheap, high mileage car into another dual sport toy. If you dig around on the internet, you can find my other two Toyotas, 1984 Expedition Celica ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSNS9-qponY&t=16s ) and 1993 Lexus SC400 RX. This time around, pulling from my favorite sport of rallying, and favorite event, East African Safari Rally for all my inspiration, with maybe a little bit of Dakar thrown in. I purchased the car for $700, 278K miles on the clock but with a newer head installed not too long ago. With the help of this Forum, lots of research from various sources and encouragement from friends, the project is off to a good start. The red wheels, just not my style and 17" rims aren't going to cut it in the dirt...

Current work finished:
-Maintenance on fuel and ignition system
-debugged wiring to clean up the engine bay and get the cooling fans working properly
-built custom SS header with race CAT and 2-1/2" dump pipe (to pass emissions)
-tossed original struts and cut springs
-installed 1997 Avalon struts and springs for travel and lift (rears are bolt on, front not really at all, used Rav4 tops, etc..)
-2 of 4 custom engine mounts to replace broken OEM versions with Polyurethane

-Jon

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 14th, 2024 - 8:14 PM