6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> headlight/ high beam delete, question if no answer then will figure it out and post it
post Jul 4, 2014 - 9:43 PM
+Quote Post
nekolin

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 10, '13
From texas
Currently Offline

ok so on most newer and even older cars the high and lo beam are the same bulb they do this with a dimmer switch my question is do we even have dimmer switches or just plain two bulbs with separate power or what. im wanting to delete the high beam pods and just make the lo beams into high/lo has this been done before if so how and if not guess i have some work ahead of me
post Jul 5, 2014 - 9:33 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (nekolin @ Jul 4, 2014 - 9:43 PM) *
ok so on most newer and even older cars the high and lo beam are the same bulb they do this with a dimmer switch my question is do we even have dimmer switches or just plain two bulbs with separate power or what. im wanting to delete the high beam pods and just make the lo beams into high/lo has this been done before if so how and if not guess i have some work ahead of me

It has been done before, it looks really ugly though with the holes deleted...
It may look better if you have them as air channels, but our cars really don't look that good in my opinion with two headlights...
(I'd link a photo but my phone is being stupid and won't let me)
Our bulbs are two separate bulbs in separate housings.

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jul 5, 2014 - 11:26 AM
+Quote Post
Special_Edy

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '11
From Haltom City, Texas
Currently Offline

Delete the low beams, have only the high beams. It would be very exotic and sexy looking, kind of like a porsche or an austin healey frog-eyed sprite
post Jul 7, 2014 - 7:16 AM
+Quote Post
yellowchinaman

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '08
From London
Currently Offline

Delete only looks bad if its been smoothed over but if you put it to use then it looks great.
However unless your car is modified, its pretty difficult to pull off the look.
High and low wires are separate with no adjustments. Just on or off. Easy to relocate the wires to the inners or outers.
Here's mine with the inners as cold air feed and oil cooler feed.

This post has been edited by yellowchinaman: Jul 7, 2014 - 7:17 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:41 PM