> CAI question, NEW Q, please read
post Apr 8, 2004 - 3:38 PM
+Quote Post
mikew04

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 19, '04
From austin tx
Currently Offline

After searching and reading, many people on the board agree that intakes are minimal for performance, but if you do get one, go CAI. I have a gt, so i decided to make one. I took out the airbox, relocated the cruise control actuator, and i ran mandrel piping down over the starter and down to the splash guard where i put a K&N on. After driving for a while, and only noticing a sound difference, i took off the CAI part and made it a short ram. This felt slightly more tourquey during lower rpm's. Now, my question is, where the air filter was at on the CAI, it seemed MUCH hotter than where it is placed for the short ram, at the stock airbox location. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike

--------------------
user posted image
post Apr 8, 2004 - 6:01 PM
+Quote Post
pxcr440

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 6, '03
From hudson ,iowa
Currently Offline

assuming you di the same as me , i had my intake right next to the vent in the bottom splash gaurd , i think the exaust is to close when it is down there , i recently got the invader front and i built my intake to come out right behind the turn signal what you might do is similer , take the driverside innerfender out it only a few bolts and screws , take tire off of course , remove all the stock airbox stuff under there then there should be a nice hole in the side of the engine compartment to pipe the intake through , there shoul be a kinda air scoop in your front bumper on that side , youur gunna have to take the front bumper off to remove all the ar box stuff , then pipe it as close to that scoop as possible and the mount it and it should work mine did and its only my temp, exuast pipe with rubber 90 degree bends , soon all madrel and heat rapped , i nosticed more on the top end betwen 60 -80 is noticibly faster and and it is very loud , yet i am running one of those new apc reworks filters all wire mesh no foam or paper , flows like no other but water can go right threw it i bet gota change it before it rains , that wasnt the besat instutions but i am in ahurry so i hope it helps , anymore ?'s just pm me
post Apr 8, 2004 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

hey pxcr440,
thats what i did, except i have an st, but i made a lil more "tunning" advances on the intake, the airflow through there is killer anyway but alot of that air goes straight past the filter and into the wheel and engine, so i'm 75% done with a box that will scoop about 85% of the air that goes through there and send it straight into the intake.
post Apr 8, 2004 - 8:19 PM
+Quote Post
mikew04

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 19, '04
From austin tx
Currently Offline

Yah, the filter was by the vent in the splash guard. I guess ill bring the filter back up till i get the time and money to put the intake in the fender. It sucks tho that i already spent money on it, i hope i wont have useless parts... Actually ill probably never have the motivation to run it down in the fender smile.gif

EDIT: Also, pxcr440, how did you mount your cruise control actuator? mine is the same place as yours, but doesnt look as good haha. also, are you running the intake under the battery?
thanks

This post has been edited by mikew04: Apr 8, 2004 - 8:21 PM

--------------------
user posted image
post Apr 8, 2004 - 8:57 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

if you want, then have someone make it for you and then ship it..
like i can make you one with 2.5" mendrel bent piping from j.c. whitney..
you pay for parts and shipping ....

but thats if you really want it...i dunno i like the idea of getting 1 more intake out there for our cars (cough yes i havea life)
post Apr 8, 2004 - 9:24 PM
+Quote Post
pxcr440

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 6, '03
From hudson ,iowa
Currently Offline

as of now i am running it the saem as before but just added another 90 degree bend then out of the engine bay into the fender well then towards the car again . as for the crusie controll i made a stand that bolted to the stock air box and then mounted the cruis controll , most people cant even tell its changed

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 1:56 PM