+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Aug 11, 2014 - 11:05 PM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Aug 11, 2014 - 11:18 AM) *
The factory chrome TT wheels bring in a pretty penny. They're supposedly lighter than previous years.

Reeeeealllllllly? Interesting.... I don't wanna sell them, but I'd like something better. These have plenty of weight reduction. They left plenty of weight on many different curbs. laugh.gif

lol. that's awesome.

I just realized you're following in almost my same footsteps. 6gc -> Z/G -> MK4 Supra. Except you still have your 6gc. Spolski needs to do the same.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Aug 12, 2014 - 8:52 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

You made 500hp at 16 psi on a 62mm turbo on a stock ecu? Lol OK Jeff
post Aug 12, 2014 - 9:14 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 12, 2014 - 8:46 AM) *
you better not paint it white!!! hahaha.

congrats. drive and enjoy it. smile.gif

Butbutbut... But I wanna white one!

QUOTE (Smaay @ Aug 12, 2014 - 9:00 AM) *
your pic is upside down!!!!

Welcome to the club of owning a 1997 Limited Edition TT 6 speed. Let me know when you are ready to upgrade to a single. Let me give you this bit of information. on 16psi with the stock twins I made about 380 HP. When I upgraded to a single 62-1 turbo, at the same boost level, i made almost 500. Thats right, same boost, and made about 110 more HP. All on the stock ECU.

The supra is so forgiving and just wants to make power.

Photobucket has been doing that to me a lot lately. It displays properly on my phone so I never know when it's sideways or upside down until I see it from a desktop. Fixed it. smile.gif I was hoping you'd chime in! I'm already ready to go single turbo, but I'm not sure if I'm going to or not. Whatever I do to the car, I'll make sure I can return it to stock. We both wanted a white one but we (meaning I) like Deep Jewel Green. This one has some rust on the control arms and suspension so I'm contemplating cleaning it up, flipping it and buying a BPU Supra or another stock one but in white. I'll probably keep this one though. I want a Precision 6266 and ideally 500 hp, maybe less. I want it to be quick but still very streetable with minimal lag. E85 is available here but not really common enough to be worth it so I need to stay on pump gas. Odds are I'll stay on the stock ECU anyway so pump gas may be fine.

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Aug 12, 2014 - 12:46 PM) *
lol. that's awesome.

I just realized you're following in almost my same footsteps. 6gc -> Z/G -> MK4 Supra. Except you still have your 6gc. Spolski needs to do the same.

So, small update. I traded Brigette cars for the day and brought the Supra home to swap steering wheels. Decided to take the top off since it was a nice day. I didn't notice it when I first bought the car but maaaan...... It gets flexible with the top off. You can feel the front end twist left and rear end twist right. Definitely not ideal for track days. tongue.gif But this isn't a track car, it's a DD. Anyway, pikchars!

Gotta start with the proper tools. Tea and a steering wheel puller.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 12, 2014 - 9:23 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

If you think the targa flex is bad, just wait until it rains and floods your interior. Should condition the seals if they look to be on the dry side.

Nice job on the 3-post, though those useless buttons would drive me crazy. redface.gif

Also, was it sweet tea? Because that really matters as to the integrity of everything.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 12, 2014 - 9:54 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

Targa seals were replaced last March. smile.gif I didn't take the time to hook them up today but the buttons are destined for the same use as my Celica, as volume controls for the radio. Or I'll sell it, I don't know. I don't care for the perforated leather. I would prefer another IS300 steering wheel to match what's in my Celica. It's much more plain, but I prefer it that way.

And the tea was VERY sweet tea. I like my tea to have the consistency of molasses. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 12, 2014 - 10:13 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

That's good then, just make sure to keep them all nice and conditioned and you should be good to go.

Hmm, maybe you can find someone to trade then.

GOOD! If it doesn't begin fermenting on the second day you're doing it wrong. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 13, 2014 - 10:22 PM
+Quote Post
spolski07

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 7, '06
From Los Alamos, NM
Currently Offline

The factory chrome TT wheels bring in a pretty penny. They're supposedly lighter than previous years.

Reeeeealllllllly? Interesting.... I don't wanna sell them, but I'd like something better. These have plenty of weight reduction. They left plenty of weight on many different curbs. laugh.gif

lol. that's awesome.

2jz swap in the miata?

--------------------
2015 Subaru WRX. World Rally Blue/Black
2001 Honda S2000. Spa Yellow/Black
post Aug 14, 2014 - 9:50 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (spolski07 @ Aug 13, 2014 - 10:22 PM) *

lol. that's awesome.

2jz swap in the miata?

Monster Miata

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Aug 17, 2014 - 5:40 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

Baby steps.

And a few short minutes (translated: many minutes more than what it takes in a 6gc) later...

Similar to the 6gc, the gauges have some green tint on the back, so I still have a hint of green. Nothing a little sanding can't fix, but not today.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 17, 2014 - 8:14 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I hate how all of your gauge needles are a uniform colour. :\ So jelly of that. Looks purdy though.

Let me haz yer old stirrin wheel. smile.gif

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Aug 17, 2014 - 9:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Wait a second.... This generation doesn't have a boost, oil pressure, or voltmeter gauge? For shame.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 18, 2014 - 8:09 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Toyota got rid of a lot of creature comforts that the MKIII had for the MKIV. Most of them were in the name of cutting weight and/or cost.
post Aug 18, 2014 - 8:53 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hollow carpet fibers, only the Japanese. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 21, 2014 - 6:43 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

Got the windows tinted. Poor shot but they are 20%. Keeping the looky-loo's away.

And I couldn't resist...

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 21, 2014 - 10:16 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

Wow I need to come to this part of 6gc more often! How did I miss this thread??! Can't wait to see it in person Dan. It looks amazing and I am extremely jealous O.O

--------------------
post Aug 23, 2014 - 12:22 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

hmm which interior do you prefer. i think the supra looks like an airplane cockpit. i prefer the 6gc

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Aug 25, 2014 - 2:35 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

QUOTE (enderswift @ Aug 21, 2014 - 10:16 PM) *
Wow I need to come to this part of 6gc more often! How did I miss this thread??! Can't wait to see it in person Dan. It looks amazing and I am extremely jealous O.O

Off topic has been slow lately, so totally understandable to not worry about checking in. This will be a slow thread anyway so not worth checking often.

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Aug 23, 2014 - 12:22 AM) *
hmm which interior do you prefer. i think the supra looks like an airplane cockpit. i prefer the 6gc

Honestly, the Celica interior. I prefer the Supra gauge cluster but after that, I prefer the Celica interior more. The 93-96 Supra had higher quality interior materials than the 97+ but even with that, I still prefer the Celica interior.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Sep 8, 2014 - 10:34 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

Annoying thread bump! I can't help but post this:

Yep. Toyota... Skylark. The state of Illinois fails. Also, pointy knees.

I just realized I haven't posted this either, but I decided to try cleaning up the wheels a few days ago. I used Mother's chrome polish. I'd be a liar if I said it brought the wheels back to life, but it did a great job of getting rid of the fine scratches. The wheels are still in terrible shape but they do look a bit better.

Then I decided to flush the brake fluid and clutch fluid since both were nasty. The clutch fluid had plenty of solid bits in it. Here's a friendly reminder on the importance of flushing your fluids:

Thats a far cry from the clear yellow color it's supposed to be. I'm glad I took the time to do this before my calipers or slave cylinder seized up.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Sep 9, 2014 - 4:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Toyota Skylark, must be like the Toyota Cavalier. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Sep 9, 2014 - 10:11 PM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
From Sacramento, California
Currently Offline

Every time I see skylark, I think of that scene in My Cousin Vinny. Those fluids are disgusting..

--------------------
Brand new 6gc owner! (sort of 2011)

The world is moving around a sun, the sun moves around a local arm of the galaxy, the local arm of the galaxy moves around a gigantic black hole.

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 9:49 PM