> Wiring Harness Supplies
post Mar 22, 2020 - 4:38 PM
+Quote Post
Langing

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '14
From Durham, NC, USA
Currently Offline

Toyota has a manual called Wiring Harness Repair, RM1022E, available on-line, wherein they pretty much tell you that if you want to repair a broken wire or terminal at a connector, they want you to buy FROM THEM a precrimped terminal/wire and then splice the wire into your wiring harness. I do not want to have splices (butt connectors) in my wiring harness, and I certainly do not want to pay Toyota prices.

Moreover, being a DIY guy, I want to be able to terminate wires myself.

I have been working on different parts of my 1994 Celica for the past decade, and am just finishing up a total rebuild of the engine, and need to fix a few wiring problems, but I cannot find a source of wiring crimp terminals or crimp tool that fit the Toyota connectors found on my wiring harness.

I have been going around in circles for days now, trying to find a place to grab hold on this knotted ball of string (vacuum of knowledge), and am hoping that someone on this website can step up and give me a definitive answer that leads me back into the sunlight. Surely someone has been in this same situation, right. But try to search for it on this website. . .

Start new topic
Replies
post Apr 6, 2020 - 2:37 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

I've tried to find that de-pin tool for other forums posts in the past - no luck. I purchased it on eBay way back when. It's stamped JCC 10 (1.0mm I presume). It's sturdy shank cut at a 60 degree or so angle.
I posted it in my mini-guide on depinning on TN.com (last pic in that post):
https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/1999-c...3/post-14128429

Also, just stumbled across this treasure trove:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Ul...YpOY/edit#gid=0

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 28th, 2024 - 12:15 PM