6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is valuable / what to swap off of a 1997 parts car?
post Feb 3, 2013 - 1:45 PM
+Quote Post
homebuilder

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 22, '12
From SouthEast
Currently Offline

Hi,

I have a 1995 convert and I found a great 1997 convertible at a junk yard. Planning to go monday and take parts off of it. Unfortunately the front bumper is the part that is wrecked so I can not swap the newer bumper cover.

What else is new and improved on the 97 compared to the 95?

What is valuable or expensive to fix so as I so get the parts while I can?

Thanks
post Feb 3, 2013 - 3:35 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

get the top assembly, get the quarter windows, and top motors and window motors, for spare parts. get the latches and where it hooks. the carpet if you can, and the rubber insulation along the to windshield

actually i went from the 97 plastic covers on the passenger to the 95 covers, i like the 2 pieces instead of 1

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Feb 4, 2013 - 2:25 PM
+Quote Post
FrankB2

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 25, '12
From Pennsylvania
Currently Offline

The rear quarter panels are specific to the convertible, but I don't know if the '95 and '97 are interchangeable. I found them on one of the Toyota dealers website, and they're around $875 per side. Same with everything inside the trunk, with some of those parts being outrageously expensive. I'd just grab the whole car if you have the space.

Those quarter windows are $475 each from a dealer, and I don't know if anyone else would supply them. kindasad.gif

This post has been edited by FrankB2: Feb 4, 2013 - 2:27 PM
post Feb 4, 2013 - 3:31 PM
+Quote Post
homebuilder

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 22, '12
From SouthEast
Currently Offline

Thanks! I got the quarter windows and the whole top assembly and the trunk carpet.

I also got the seats.

Anything else you would suggest?

Anything particularly expensive on these cars to replace or fix?

post Feb 5, 2013 - 2:53 AM
+Quote Post
Akimbo

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 30, '03
From O-town, FL
Currently Offline

The front bumpers were redesigned and are more desirable than the 94 and 95 models. Make sure to get the turn signals and foglights as well.

--------------------
Sometimes we live to beat the odds.
- Ryan
IPB Image
aim: rkgreen04

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 8:13 PM