> New Celica owner.
post Jul 8, 2011 - 2:45 AM
+Quote Post
jesiotrot

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 4, '11
From Melbourne, Australia
Currently Offline

Hi people, I just swapped my Mazda 323 turbo for a 6th gen celica. It is the first Toyota I have owned, I am usually a Mazda man.

I am thoroughly impressed with the car so far, handling is excellent thanks to some KYB struts and Tein springs, and some whiteline goodies. Engine is completely stock 5SFE and manual gearbox.

I have not decided whether or not I should keep the car stock, or modify it. I have only had it for a few days!

Couple of quick shots -

I will post up some better pics when I take some. It has side skirts and front and rear lips on the bumpers. Not sure what they are from, a factory kit of some sort? Anyone care to explain?

Also do these cars come with some sort of factory alarm system? My car has a security button and flashing red light under the radio, but it did not come with any remote of any kind. Thinking a previous owner may have lost the keyless entry thing if it ever had one to begin with.

This is my old Mazda 323 I swapped for the celica -

I also own a black Jap import Mazda MX-6 Capella.

And my previous car was a Mazda 626 station wagon with 230kw at the front wheels, it ran an adapter plate and a Toyota E58/E153 gearbox. I have since got rid of this car and all the engine parts from it will be transplanted into the MX6 when I have time to build a new motor, as my old one blew a ring land and split the block (25,000kms and 22psi on a non turbo engine will do that).

Start new topic
Replies
post Jul 12, 2012 - 7:46 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Drop a 1MZ in your Celica and you'll be good to go thumbsup.gif The front and rear lips are factory Toyota bits from a Celica SS-III. It's a popular look for these cars. Welcome to the site and welcome to the world of Toyotas thumbsup.gif

Edit: owned.gif Did not check dates. Well... Here's a belated welcome to the site laugh.gif

This post has been edited by richee3: Jul 12, 2012 - 8:02 PM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 28th, 2024 - 2:36 PM