post Aug 14, 2023 - 7:52 PM
+Quote Post
NashCar

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 6, '23
From Eastern Iowa
Currently Offline

Greetings.

I’m looking into modifying my AT200 and I’m leaning towards a 4AGE for simplicity, since it’s the same engine family as tge 7AFE.

During my searching I came across a “ Levin AE111 20V Engine 6SPD Trans JDM 4AGE” on eBay. Now, I’m not looking to purchase immediately, but I’m the kind of person that needs a solid plan laid out.

My question is. . . Will this engine and transmission “bolt in” more or less? The AE111 Levin is basically a JDM Corolla and from my understanding, the Corolla architecture is very similar to the Celica. I know a piggyback or standalone ecu will be needed. I was leaning towards MegaSquirt or Link. All the particulars won’t be an issue, it’s the getting it in the car without crazy modifications or custom parts.

So basically, will the AE111 motor mounts fit the celica? Or will the celica mounts bolt onto the 4AGE from a AE111? And will a 6 speed physically fit with some ridiculous custom axles? I’m aware of the use “this inner axle” and “this outer axle” stuff for other swaps, and that’s fine. I just don’t want to have to do the big dollar custom axles.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nash
post Aug 16, 2023 - 2:14 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

correction, it is actually called a sprinter trueno ae111. I just looked up epc data parts diagrams to cross reference parts. C52 and C160 have different rear transaxle brackets but use the same transaxle rubber mounts. So make sure your swap has the all the transaxle brackets.

I always wondered what was the proper set up for this as it seems like a cool enough swap, but engine lacks torque. You'd probably be the 1st person to do the 4age blacktop with 6 speed to my knowledge. 4AGE has a broader power band than the 2zzge motor.

7afe, 4age, 4afe, 5EFe all use the same block but have different bore and stroke ratios. So yes the engine will obviously fit into your stock Celica ST.

you do not need a standalone ecu to make it work on your chassis. its a toyota engine going into a toyota chassis. But that sure would be cool to extract an extra 10 hp. You'd need a custom bpipe (the pipe that connects the exhaust manifold to catalytic converter).

All toyota C series and S series transaxles share differentials. So If you already have a manual C52 in your chassis, just use those axles.

seen here: is width difference between a 5 speed C52 and 6 speed C160. Its very close in size.

https://bigmike.marlincrawler.com/forum/index.php?topic=45.0

this link below shows how a off shelf 7afe/4afe header wont bolt onto our chassis

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...9339&st=440

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Aug 16, 2023 - 2:16 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Aug 27, 2023 - 4:05 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

If it doesn't come with a wire harness or comes with a cut harness you'll need some good wiring diagram resources to get it up and running. If it comes with the full harness and ECM it should be more or less plug n play, may be some work needed to get speedometer to read correctly being kph vs mph but I think that's easily enough converted.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26th, 2024 - 9:27 PM