6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Turbo timer's !!!!!, do we need them ????
post Mar 13, 2005 - 8:21 PM
+Quote Post
Doge

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 2, '02
From Portland, Oregon
Currently Offline

cooling the turbo is meant to stop the oil from "baking" onto the turbo shaft.. which throws it off balance and will eventually lead to bad bearings and lots of shaft play... aka a blown turbo.

This post has been edited by Doge: Mar 13, 2005 - 8:22 PM
post Mar 14, 2005 - 1:01 AM
+Quote Post
popstar

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 24, '04
From Moscow, russia
Currently Offline

MR T states

"allow 20 to 120 seconds after hard driving, towing or driving up a step hill, before turning the engine off"

--------------------
user posted image
Life is for living, and you don't get a second chance
Take care now !!
post Mar 14, 2005 - 6:45 AM
+Quote Post
maikl

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '03
From cyprus
Currently Offline

QUOTE(d3monc3lica @ Mar 13, 2005 - 12:36 PM)
TT on a Turbo Car = Good
TT on N/A = Bad

Hense why they never called it a N/A Timer.

Your just pre-heating the oven bro.
[right][snapback]256756[/snapback][/right]

http://optionimports.com/autoturbotimer.html i think in japan knows better.... and in the box of some tt writes turbo and n/a timers

--------------------
user posted image
post Mar 14, 2005 - 6:51 AM
+Quote Post
maikl

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '03
From cyprus
Currently Offline

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33742 read what writes on the box. or does the apex-i doesn't know what they are talking about?

--------------------
user posted image
post Mar 14, 2005 - 10:21 AM
+Quote Post
Insanity-74

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '05
From Under the car
Currently Offline

QUOTE(maikl @ Mar 14, 2005 - 6:51 AM)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33742 read what writes on the box. or does the apex-i doesn't know what they are talking about?
[right][snapback]257069[/snapback][/right]

And of course they arnt just saying that to sell more of them, but if you read the info it says - "In normally aspirated cars, the Auto Timer can also be used to warm/cool the inside of the car without having to sit inside. " says nothing about the engine. Neither articles are writen by credible sources, one guy from e-bay and an import company.
But thats enough of this debate, If your happy running a turbo timer on a N/A car then good for you, its got nothing to do with anyone else. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Take it easy bud, happy driving.
post Mar 14, 2005 - 11:40 AM
+Quote Post
maikl

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '03
From cyprus
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Mar 14, 2005 - 8:21 AM)
QUOTE(maikl @ Mar 14, 2005 - 6:51 AM)
[right][snapback]257069[/snapback][/right]

And of course they arnt just saying that to sell more of them, but if you read the info it says - "In normally aspirated cars, the Auto Timer can also be used to warm/cool the inside of the car without having to sit inside. " says nothing about the engine. Neither articles are writen by credible sources, one guy from e-bay and an import company.
But thats enough of this debate, If your happy running a turbo timer on a N/A car then good for you, its got nothing to do with anyone else. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Take it easy bud, happy driving.
[right][snapback]257104[/snapback][/right]

you probably got right...... sorry i am uner ALOT of stress the last weeks and my grandfather died yestarday frown.gif well life goes on..... cheers

--------------------
user posted image

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 9:38 PM