post Aug 1, 2013 - 4:49 AM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

Hey guys,
I'm going to be swapping to LEDs soon with my gauge lights and I'm wondering if the a/c controls are also the 194 bulbs or if they are the really tiny ones.

Also, has anyone tried blue LEDs on their gague cluster instead of white? I know the regular 194 bulbs in the gauge cluster had the green cover on them. I took the cover off and now the lights are incandescent yellowish-white. I'm wondering how blue the blue LED bulbs look in the gauges and a/c controls. I've seen pictures of the white LEDs in the gauges and it looks great.

--------------------
-Jay

95 GT conv. project car: Manual, Gen III 3sgte, JN pisons, Eagle rods, overbore, crank knife-edged, crank scraper, ARP head/main/flywheel, Autronic EMS, Haltech Dual Wideband O2 controller, Audi 1.8T individual coils, FMIC and SSQV BOV, 3" downpipe, 3" ultra-high-flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler, +other
01 S2000: FMIC, Haltech EMS, Haltech wideband, 570cc inj, forged pistons/rods, sleeved block, 5 angle valve job, ported and polished
02 R6, all stock, except for braided stainless brake lines, frame sliders, and adjustable brake/clutch leve
post Aug 1, 2013 - 6:32 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I want to say that the Spree kits have all of them, climate control included.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 1, 2013 - 6:45 AM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

I've seen pictures of the blue cluster in Spree's thread, it looked good.

The bulbs that are in the climate control are not the same as the ones in the cluster that are used for BRAKE or TURN SIGNALS. They are a tad smaller. What I actually did is remove the casing of the T5 bulbs I ordered and replaced them in the ones that are in the climate control. The good thing about that is they are bendable this way and I got a nice spread light on the buttons on top, because I was able to point it at the right direction.

I used two T5 SMD LEDs with removed casings for the buttons and the AC; In/Out Air. For the dials I used two little strips SMD LEDs, each containing 3 small LEDs, because I was not happy with the spread I had with a single LED on the stock location.

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

post Aug 1, 2013 - 9:59 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (match220 @ Aug 1, 2013 - 4:49 AM) *
Hey guys,
I'm going to be swapping to LEDs soon with my gauge lights and I'm wondering if the a/c controls are also the 194 bulbs or if they are the really tiny ones.

Also, has anyone tried blue LEDs on their gague cluster instead of white? I know the regular 194 bulbs in the gauge cluster had the green cover on them. I took the cover off and now the lights are incandescent yellowish-white. I'm wondering how blue the blue LED bulbs look in the gauges and a/c controls. I've seen pictures of the white LEDs in the gauges and it looks great.

I used the same method with the t5 led in my AC unit, check my progress thread and photos for the result, I have blue LED for everything almost smile.gif

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Aug 10, 2013 - 4:28 PM
+Quote Post
IfWeChoose

Enthusiast
Joined May 25, '13
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

The bulbs are 74 in the climate control. The cluster will look good with blue. I had blue LEDs in for a short while but ended up removing them because I couldn't change the color of any of the warning lights. Besides that, it looks good.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 2:57 PM