> DIY Auto Transmission fluid change for 5sfe, help me on this
post May 19, 2006 - 10:59 PM
+Quote Post
DeW_H0e_GT

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 9, '05
From Oakland, Cali
Currently Offline

thought i start somethin here since i cant find anything on this subject....sorry i dont have pictures i was doing this in a hurry.....

Tools needed:

10mm hex socket bit(6 ends)...ones that look like these

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product...s/909121_lg.gif

socket wrench, socket-screwdriver (the ones that looks lieka screwdriver with a adapter in the end)
like this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002GF6...SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg.

10mm socket, filter & gasket kit (make sure tehres 15 holes...), 2-3 qts atf, jack stands, jack, oil container

Time: about 45+ minutes

Before you do anything, make sure u jus drive yoru car and its warm..because drainin warm liquid can help stir up debris therefore letting all the bad stuff out... biggrin.gif

1. Jack up car and put it on stands (just to be safe)
2. Unbolt the drain bolt using teh 10mm HEX bit (located on the tranny pan...closest to the exhuast manifold)
3. Drain all old fluid into a oil container..takes about 10-15 minutes (preferably one from yrou local auto parts store..so u can sump out old fluis later)
4. Now unbolt ALL 15 10mm bolts on the tranny pan...what i did was loosen the bolts then use a socket screwdriver to take all teh bolts out....its much easier this way....tehres going to be some residual fluids leaking out....make sure u have somethin under it to catch teh pan..its a lil heavy seeing you'll be under the car (assumin you're usin jacks n stands)
5.Now its the time for the filter...unclamp one of the hoses on filter (hard to explain but its really small and since you're this far you'll get what i mean.....then unbolt the 3 10mm long bolts holding teh filter.....
6.Now is a good time to clean up your tranny pan if u have a LOT of time.....if not, scrap all the old gaskets off..make sure its all clean of old gasket material...now install your gasket..u can opt to use gasket sealer....the filter n gasket kit has bolt holes small enough to hold teh bolts when i install the tranny pan back..i put all teh 10mm bolts in place with teh gasket and getting ready to mount it on the tranny...
7.Install the filter....reconnect teh little hose first then install all 3 10mm long bolts back in place...
8.Now mount your tranny pan with the new gasket...bolt all the 10mm bolts back in place..make sure everythings in order...Now....reinstall the drain bolt with your 10mm hex socket bit.....now teh hard parts done....
9.Time for the fluid...ive opted for Valvoline Maxlife Dexron III....you could also use atf conditioners .....car takes about 1.7qts (according to advance's data) ....pour the fluid on the fill hose (where u check your tranny fluid)....once u fill it to about 2 qts.....start your engine..let it run for a couple of minutes, then with your parking brakes on....shift to all gears......now, go to your engine bay and check the fluid level...if its gotten lower..fill it some more.....i ended up usin 2.5qts.....and you're all done....!!!! except cleaing up and unjackin the car.....

if i left out anything plz lemme kno....

This post has been edited by DeW_H0e_GT: May 20, 2006 - 7:06 AM

--------------------

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 2:36 AM