6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Convertible ST204 Gen III engine swap (ST204.5)
post Jun 19, 2011 - 1:01 AM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

So..my ST204.5 is almost up and running. I have neglected starting a "swap thread" just because I've had trouble finding a lot of parts and I am slow , things are looking better now, so I have decided to start the thread. Today I finished the main wiring of the SM4 into sensors and the distributor pickup (I'm using this for the timing signal for the individual coils, not as an actual distributor). I still need to do the injector wire in and the coil over plugs once my 4ch Bosch igniter comes in the mail. Here's a list of my mods:

engine:
-96 Gen III turbo block, 45k miles (verified by me)
--JN Pistons(.20 overbore)
--Eagle Rods
--5 lbs shaved off of the crank, balanced and knife-edged
--added custom crank scraper to keep oil from spinning with the crank during rotation (you can see it on the right in the pic where the block is open and upside down, it's bolted in with the main caps)
-96 Gen III non-turbo head
--stock turbo springs and new guides and seals (just for safety since I changed the springs)
--stock turbo cams (I had to trade my HKS 272 duration cams for parts that I did not have money to get frown.gif
--HKS adjustable cam gears +/- 2 degrees
--new timing tensioner
--new waterpump

electronics:
-05 Yamaha R6 individual coil-over-plugs (capable of 14k RPM), with Iridium IK24 spark plugs
-Bosch 4 channel igniter
-Autronic SM4
-AEM wideband o2 sensor and digital lambda gauge
-also have a Berkley distributor?? Someone else said it's a Berkley but I can't find out what it's called. I want to use it for a timing signal instead of the stock one but I can't find the pinout.

fuel:
-stock 540cc injectors and stock fuel rail (had to sell my 800cc SARD injectors and wolfkatz fuel rail for money)
-AEM fuel pressure regulator
-walbro 255lph fuel pump (mr2)

Intake:
-s14/s15 front mount intercooler kit
-hks ssqv

Exhaust:
-Stock mani
-Blitz downpipe for 2nd gen 3sgte
-2.5 inch piping, downpipe to muffler outlet
-Magnaflow high flow cat
-Borla Exhaust 2.5 inch piping

THINGS I STILL NEED TO BUY:
ST205 alternator bracket
throttle body flange fitting in front of TB
bolt through the center of the oil cooler
2 fuel injector plugs for wiring into the harness
little valve thing above the oil filter. I'll take a picture of where it goes and post it tomorrow.
Turbo

and just in case someone is curious about what a DSM hood looks like on the celica, I was messing around, 2nd gen eclipse/talon side skirts fit almost perfectly, I'll put some on later.

ARP main studs, they get in the way of the oil pan, so I had to grind away some of the oil pan and have 1/4 inch of the two studs cut at the local machine shop.

This post has been edited by match220: Jun 20, 2011 - 10:19 PM

--------------------
-Jay

95 GT conv. project car: Manual, Gen III 3sgte, JN pisons, Eagle rods, overbore, crank knife-edged, crank scraper, ARP head/main/flywheel, Autronic EMS, Haltech Dual Wideband O2 controller, Audi 1.8T individual coils, FMIC and SSQV BOV, 3" downpipe, 3" ultra-high-flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler, +other
01 S2000: FMIC, Haltech EMS, Haltech wideband, 570cc inj, forged pistons/rods, sleeved block, 5 angle valve job, ported and polished
02 R6, all stock, except for braided stainless brake lines, frame sliders, and adjustable brake/clutch leve
post Jun 19, 2011 - 2:54 AM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Cant wait to add this car to our line-up Cheeeee!!

--------------------
I don't normally drive fast, but when I do its on a curvy section of this island
post Jun 19, 2011 - 7:05 PM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

I updated my initial post with more info, and I also added some pics that I took a while back. I'll add more either tonight or tomorrow. Anyone know where I can get a good convertible top for cheap?

--------------------
-Jay

95 GT conv. project car: Manual, Gen III 3sgte, JN pisons, Eagle rods, overbore, crank knife-edged, crank scraper, ARP head/main/flywheel, Autronic EMS, Haltech Dual Wideband O2 controller, Audi 1.8T individual coils, FMIC and SSQV BOV, 3" downpipe, 3" ultra-high-flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler, +other
01 S2000: FMIC, Haltech EMS, Haltech wideband, 570cc inj, forged pistons/rods, sleeved block, 5 angle valve job, ported and polished
02 R6, all stock, except for braided stainless brake lines, frame sliders, and adjustable brake/clutch leve
post Jun 19, 2011 - 11:42 PM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

Try calling Mascots by the airport

--------------------
I don't normally drive fast, but when I do its on a curvy section of this island
post Jun 20, 2011 - 2:59 AM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (808celica @ Jun 19, 2011 - 6:42 PM) *
Try calling Mascots by the airport

thanks

This post has been edited by match220: Jun 20, 2011 - 1:40 PM

--------------------
-Jay

post Jun 20, 2011 - 9:10 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

nice...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 20, 2011 - 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

Bosch 4 channel igniter came in the mail today. And I ordered a magnflow high flow cat along with a 2.5 inch flex pipe for when I make my exhaust, should take a week or so and then the exhaust will be put together.

--------------------
-Jay

post Jun 22, 2011 - 3:28 PM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

got a ct20b on the way, along with an alternator bracket, and also the bolt that goes through the center of the oil cooler. Praise God! I still need to find that angle valve piece that mounts above the oil filter, and I also still need the TB flange on the front of the TB and a couple injector plugs from the harness, went junkyard diving and couldn't find any that match. The closest that I could find were from a 2001 maxima. I think I can modify them to fit but I would rather have the stock ones.

--------------------
-Jay

post Jun 28, 2011 - 7:42 PM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

magnaflow high flow cat (3 inch inlet/outlet) came in the mail today! yay!! now I just need two 3 inch to 2.5 inch reducers. The high flow 2.5 inch and the high flow 3 inch cats were the same price, so I figured I would get the high flow 3 inch one with a couple reducers for an even higher flow cat...muahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!! Also got my 2.5 inch flex pipe, now I just need my turbo so I can fit the downpipe and mock up the exhaust piping. This thing is gonna sound nice!

--------------------
-Jay

post Jun 30, 2011 - 3:45 PM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

It doesn't get much more awesome than this..instead of making a mount for my bosch igniter to mount to, i decided to try to modify my old coil/igniter mount. It turns out, there is no need to modify anything, it's a direct bolt on. Somehow the Bosch igniter and the Denso igniter use the same exact screw hole distance. Now I'm just waiting on my harness plugs to come in the mail so I can begin wiring this beast in. In the mean time I'll probably sand it and paint it gloss black.

This post has been edited by match220: Jun 30, 2011 - 3:50 PM

--------------------
-Jay

post Jul 1, 2011 - 12:49 AM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

*ehem* ST204.5C

--------------------
post Aug 12, 2011 - 6:47 AM
+Quote Post
match220

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '06
From Kaimuki, HI
Currently Offline

I just uploaded a video of my engine progress to youtube. I still have to get a few parts before I can work on it more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttOghPoCdws

--------------------
-Jay

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 3:41 AM