post Oct 18, 2019 - 1:11 AM
+Quote Post
derek_w

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 17, '19
From Bozeman
Currently Offline

Hello All,

Looking to start my first project car. Found a 1996 Celica ST for about $500 dollars.
It has a salvage title from a previous incident that the current owners know nothing about but their son drove it for 5 years after that before somebody slid into him at a stop sign.
They are now getting rid of the car, he is an auto/diesel mechanic who didn't have the time to fix it, but told me that the accident broke the front strut in addition to denting the driver's door, drivers side fender and knocking out the headlight.
He replaced the strut and says it just needs an alignment before it's roadworthy with the exception of all of the bodywork and the headlight.
He had just put a new clutch in it and test driving it and looking through it today everything seemed fine other than the alignment was way off.

I have a lot of experience with 3rd gen 4Runners but this would be my first Celica, I just wanted some more experienced opinions on the car.

The car has been sitting for about 9 months, has the 1.8 L motor, 5 speed manual, hatchback, about 150,000 miles on it.

Any input would be awesome.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 15th, 2024 - 3:22 AM