Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Celica ST202, Info thread
post Sep 18, 2009 - 1:54 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

This is a Information thread about the simalarites and the differences between them all. (not about the ST205 GT-4)

This is about the JDM ST202 and 4WS(ST203) series: SS-I SS-II SS-III and the Convertible.

QUOTE (Celica Club UK)
1st part (JDM only) This is a code for which emissions regulations the car conforms to in Japan. Usually E.

Middle part This starts with one or two characters denoting the engine series. (All SS-I SS-II SS-III celicas are a S [3S-FE or 3S-GE])

Next is the chassis code. All RWD Celicas are A and FWD Celicas are T, which is then followed by a series number.

Gen1=A2, gen2=A4, gen3=A6, gen4=T16, gen5=T18, gen6=T20, gen7=T23

A further number indicates minor chassis differences. 2 (for All SS-I SS-II SS-III Celicas ) 3 (for SS-I equipped with 4WS)

A final character usually blank (if none applies) or Convertible (C ) or Widebody (H) (JDM only)

Last part contains 5 or 6 letters.

1) Model type, where the chassis is used for more than one model. All Celicas are B.

2) Body style. C=Coupe. L=Liftback. K=Convertible.

3) Transmission. M=5 speed floor mounted manual. P=4 speed floor mounted automatic.

4) Trim level. S=Sports, normal performance. G=Higher grade. V=Luxury sports. Z=High performance.

5) Engine code. Z=Twincam (high performance), EFI, Turbo. F=Twincam, EFI (high performance). K=Twincam, EFI (economy).

*some infomation has been changed to show specific JDM info

In 1994 SS-I and SS-II were released

SS-I Engine

3S-FE(2.0L scissor cam. single cam gear to DOHC) 103KW @ the flywheel (187Nm @ 4400rpm) redlines at 6000rpm and guage cluster goes to 8,000rpm
(no difference in power between auto and manual)

SS-II Engine

3S-GE (3rd Generation) 132KW @ the flywheel (192Nm @ 4800 rpm)*
*however this is the manual, the automatic only made 125KW, but the same torque. Redline is 7,00rpm max advised RPM's at 7200 RPM. Rev limiter is at 7500 rpm.

Orginal: front (amber front indicators & circle spotlights) & rear (2 Post Spoiler & Rear Lights)

In 1995 the SS-III was released, which was the higher spec than SS-II came standard with Superstrut suspension, rear strutbrace Viscous LSD and 3post steering wheel and all available bodykits that year. Before 1997/8 the SS-III was still equiped with the 3rdGen 3S-GE(more info to be added)
SS-III Engine

3S-GE (3rd Generation) 132KW @ the flywheel (192Nm @ 4800 rpm)*
*however this is the manual, the automatic only made 125KW, but the same torque. Redline is 7,00rpm max advised RPM's at 7200 RPM. Rev limiter is at 7500 rpm.

In 1996 Facelift

Facelift front (clear front indicators and redesigned spotlights) & rear (3 Post Spoiler & redesigned Lights) also an option Tom's front lip

In 1997/1998 the Celica recieved another update

Projector front headlights were now optional, the tom's lip was still optional, the SS-III (recieved front and rear splitters, front lower grille a SS-III badge and a WRC style 2 post Spoiler with SS-III stickers)

The SS-II and SS-III 3gen 3S-GE was disconitued and replaced with the 3S-GE 4gen redtop BEAMS engine

3S-GE (4th Generation) 148KW @ the flywheel (206Nm @ 6000rpm) (power was the same for auto and manual)

This post has been edited by Rusty: Feb 23, 2012 - 9:26 PM

--------------------

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 11:34 PM