> question/problems or advice needed
post May 30, 2011 - 1:21 PM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
From Sacramento, California
Currently Offline

I didn't know where to post this stuff so I figured this would be a good place to start.

Well, I was wondering if anyone else has a sticky accelerator pedal? It feels like I have to press a little harder then needed to get any fuel into the engine, and then when it goes it revs a little harder then it should. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this so that I can smoothly accelerate?

Also, being that my car is 13 years old I was wondering what are some things I can do to increase fuel effeciency, like one thing I'm going to do on my next refill is to buy a fuel injector cleaner, and on my next oil change I'm going to do a tranny and engine flush to clear out whatever gunk is in there, any one have any other idea's?

And finally, how often should I change the oil pan seal, valve cover gasket, spark plug seal and fuel filter? I know it's a lot to ask but any help would be appreciated smile.gif

--------------------
Brand new 6gc owner! (sort of 2011)

The world is moving around a sun, the sun moves around a local arm of the galaxy, the local arm of the galaxy moves around a gigantic black hole.
post May 30, 2011 - 1:49 PM
+Quote Post
NYp8tBaller07

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '11
From Albany, NY
Currently Offline

My pedal sticks some times as well, I haven't really bothered with it but I would htink some lube would help. As far as injector cleaners most don't work so I would do some research before choosing; I've herd good stuff from BG 44k so I would give it a shot. As for better mpg just the normal tune up (plugs, wires, air filter, oil change) if something is going then change it =)

--------------------

Power in Balance
90 ST coupe- Sold
95 ST hatch- Dead :’(
02 Impreza RS- DD
post May 30, 2011 - 2:31 PM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
From Sacramento, California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NYp8tBaller07 @ May 30, 2011 - 2:49 PM) *
My pedal sticks some times as well, I haven't really bothered with it but I would htink some lube would help. As far as injector cleaners most don't work so I would do some research before choosing; I've herd good stuff from BG 44k so I would give it a shot. As for better mpg just the normal tune up (plugs, wires, air filter, oil change) if something is going then change it =)

You mean like wd-40 the pedal?

--------------------
Brand new 6gc owner! (sort of 2011)

The world is moving around a sun, the sun moves around a local arm of the galaxy, the local arm of the galaxy moves around a gigantic black hole.
post May 30, 2011 - 4:33 PM
+Quote Post
NYp8tBaller07

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '11
From Albany, NY
Currently Offline

well its either the cable or the pedal I wouldn't use wd-40 in the car, I have special paintball lube so i use that sometimes

--------------------

Power in Balance
90 ST coupe- Sold
95 ST hatch- Dead :’(
02 Impreza RS- DD

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: June 15th, 2024 - 3:40 PM