> Haysoos's progression thread, yarly
post Jun 4, 2011 - 3:23 PM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
From Sacramento, California
Currently Offline

I decided to start the thread and slowly build on my baby as we grow old together.

I wouldn't expect this thread to be often updated, but when I do do stuff to it I will post here smile.gif. First I need some pictures, which will be posted whenever the rain stops so I can make my car look shiny for the internet wink.gif.

My first mod will be internal LED lights, whenever I get around to building that. This thread is going to be filled with all sorts of basic mechanical stuff though, like I'm hoping to get the o2 sensor looked at by a friend and eventually I'm going to fix the oil leak and Cruise control problem. The leak ain't bad and I wouldn't use cruise right now if I had it anyways, but those two are my main issues.

And finally, I'm going to fix my sticky accelerator pedal, because it's costing me in MPG and it's annoying having a sticky pedal.

--------------------
Brand new 6gc owner! (sort of 2011)

The world is moving around a sun, the sun moves around a local arm of the galaxy, the local arm of the galaxy moves around a gigantic black hole.
post Jun 9, 2011 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
Currently Offline

I just remembered to take some photo's in front of my job, next to the tree I like to park too lol.

I forgot about posting any engine bay pics lol, so here ya go

And this just makes me happy to look at when I open the hood smile.gif

Still no idea how to fix problems mentioned before, but they are minor and will not cause any damage in the long run so they can wait until a few paychecks lol thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by HaysoosKreesto: Jun 9, 2011 - 12:41 PM

--------------------

The world is moving around a sun, the sun moves around a local arm of the galaxy, the local arm of the galaxy moves around a gigantic black hole.
post Oct 28, 2011 - 5:02 AM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
Currently Offline

UPDATED PROGRESS:

- Changed the tranny fluid
- fixed the moonroof seal leak
- Changed the engine oil
- Accelerator pedal really fixed itself over time, I think sitting in the dealership made it sticky and everyday driving cured it I guess.

Overall, I don't really plan to mod it much, basically just maintain it's OEM beautifulness and keep everything as clean as I can. It's been good to me, so I try to take care of it and I figured it'd be time to post it.

--------------------

post Oct 28, 2011 - 1:03 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 28, 2011 - 1:08 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

that's OEM beauty right there biggrin.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Oct 28, 2011 - 1:24 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

THAT IS CLEAN. keep it just like that. good luck (which i got mine that clean)

--------------------
*Thing i want for my car(i wish i had money)*
-full gt4 front end conversion (DONE :) JUST NEEDS PAINT(next on to do list) -new seats all around
-riser blocks -fog lights -new radio and speakers all around
-full bodykit splitters and sideskirts to go with conversion (just needs fitting and painting)
-nice rims (Got TC rims and painted them white)
-light blue tint (next step will do this right after i get my paint job)
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Jan 16, 2012 - 4:42 AM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
Currently Offline

Ok, planning my next move to help a car out.

The main things that I want to get are:
-New tires! Any suggestions would be helpful, and I am looking for something that isn't crap but isn't top of the line, like a solid B or B- in terms of price... if that makes sense.

-New brakes! I know an honest shop out here in sac, they took care of my dad and did my car well in the past (when I had the epic nissan sentra) I don't know how much I should pay for a new set around the car (probably just pads because the cap's are a lil rusty but not so bad), but some shopping around should help that.

-Idle air control valve! While back, a buddy at work, he's a member of the mr2 websites y'all know about, was listening to my car and said that because it doesn't turn on when it hasn't been on in a while, and it's slight inconsistent gas feed into the engine I should replace this part. I'm still surviving off the old one, but once I have the above two items I'll get right on this.

Also here is a video which partly contains my 6gc in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuibqWikT9o...BoGnawxgSPVnbNU

Hope to post more soon, deepak chopra

--------------------

post Jan 16, 2012 - 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Tires, Falken Ziex. Always good on a budget. Brakes, you can't go wrong with Hawk HPS pads and Brembo blank rotors.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 16, 2012 - 1:46 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

Falkens +1

My ze 912's are awesome

--------------------
post Jan 23, 2012 - 8:33 AM
+Quote Post
HaysoosKreesto

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '09
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jan 16, 2012 - 11:31 AM) *
Tires, Falken Ziex. Always good on a budget. Brakes, you can't go wrong with Hawk HPS pads and Brembo blank rotors.

Ty Very much! I don't really know the stock tire size by heart, but I believe for the gt model its 205/50/15 or 205/60/15 right? Later on today or with my next paycheck ill get these bad boys bought/installed

--------------------

post Jan 23, 2012 - 9:16 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

No problem. Split the difference, it's 205/55/15. Either size will work though thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 9th, 2024 - 11:51 AM