Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ugh, freaking last day of snow...
post Mar 23, 2005 - 4:07 PM
+Quote Post
Mage

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
Currently Offline

...and i hit a goddamn concrete divider while going onto an onramp. the snow and rain that was going to 'clear up this afternoon!' kept going all day and froze b/c the temperature went below 30 instead of 40 like was predicted. Of course there was no salt laid down, and I hit a patch of ice and nailed my front bumper at 20-25mph. My ****ty tires and the poorly surfaced/under-construction ramp didn't help.

My left headlight shattered, and my left foglight popped right out (headlight works, foglight doesn't). my left fender looks ok, except for where it meets the bumper, and my hood is displaced to the left at the bottom by an inch, but otherwise looks perfect. The bumper is cracked right between the 2 left headlights, from top to bottom.

insurance will charge a $500 deductable and will pay for all repairs. they want me to go to the dealer and get an estimate, and they'll cover whatever the estimate is. I don't know what their policy is on parts, because I'm wondering if I can get the TRD bumper if they're going to replace the damn thing instead of repair it. Don't know how much more it'll cost or if the insurance will not cover that part.

Should I worry about anything the dealer will do? like, replacing the hood and fender (which look easily repairable, hood probably just needs to be repositioned) but not using the exact shade of paint and leaving it off-color (or using poor quality paint that chips easily)?
post Mar 23, 2005 - 4:21 PM
+Quote Post
Drocay

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '02
From Va Team 6gc
Currently Offline

dealer won't screw u so its okay, and the dealer will probly replace the stuff they dont fix stuff normally. And if thats wut there doin have em order all gt4 front might as well get somthing out of it.

--------------------
IPB Image
All I have in this world is my Balls and my Word and I'm not breaking em for no one,- Tony Montana
Team 6gc 2005
post Mar 23, 2005 - 7:41 PM
+Quote Post
Mage

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Drocay @ Mar 23, 2005 - 4:21 PM)
dealer won't screw u so its okay, and the dealer will probly replace the stuff they dont fix stuff normally. And if thats wut there doin have em order all gt4 front might as well get somthing out of it.
[right][snapback]261328[/snapback][/right]

well, I guess i have to go to talk to them to see what they want to do and what we can do. i think the standard protocol is to just replace the exact same parts and return the car to what it was like before.
post Mar 24, 2005 - 1:51 PM
+Quote Post
Mage

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Mage @ Mar 23, 2005 - 7:41 PM)
QUOTE(Drocay @ Mar 23, 2005 - 4:21 PM)
[right][snapback]261328[/snapback][/right]

well, I guess i have to go to talk to them to see what they want to do and what we can do. i think the standard protocol is to just replace the exact same parts and return the car to what it was like before.
[right][snapback]261427[/snapback][/right]

well, they sent an agent to do an estimate. he came around and apparently thought the repairs could be more than the car is worth. just checked the private value on kelley blue book, and it's only $5500! damn. he said the front assembly needs to be replaced, left fender needs to be replaced, and hood needs to be repaired, and that my air conditioner reservoir (or some other component of it) was busted. i hope to hell that it's not going to be more than 4-5k for all this. if it is, i don't know wtf I'll do...only thing i'd be able to do is try to get them to give me the $ to get it repaired...or buy another car frown.gif

edit: turns out to be $3k so they'll pay for the repairs. i asked if they could find out if they could find a TRD bumper, and let us know how much more it'll cost...if they're even able to find one and get it within 2 weeks i might consider getting that, if it's not going to be that much more expensive.

This post has been edited by Mage: Mar 24, 2005 - 4:30 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 3:20 PM