6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> '98 Celica GT: The Continuation...., Dun dun duuuunnnnnn.....
post Sep 3, 2019 - 11:37 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I just realized the lower speaker grill is a different design between the 6-speaker and the 8-speaker.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Sep 3, 2019 - 11:41 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Yup. Plastic grate vs metal grill. I was thinking about converting mine to 8 speaker. I think I can find everything but the driver side 4" cover.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - My Baby
*1977 Celica RA24 - aka bucket o' rust
*1977 Celica RA29 - classic cruiser
*1996 Celica ST - aka Freelica free fiddy
*2005 Matrix AWD - the wifey's car aka Trix
post Oct 11, 2019 - 12:00 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Quick update before the site goes down again:

Got another 5SFE and ST185 3SGTE harness in and sent them off to Doug at WireGap a couple of weeks ago. Waiting on his e-mail to let me know when he's going to start the merge so I can tell him to shut up and take my money.

Found out that the wheels I wanted are being discontinued in the colour I want, so I went ahead and placed an order for those before it's too late. Hopefully they'll be here in January.

I finally started a new, stable job last week, so my year of being funemployed has come to an end. That now means moar moniez for car parts, but less time to work on my car. Hopefully by Black Friday, I'll have enough saved up for my standalone and the rest of my fuel system.

List of last remaining major-ish parts (I think):

-Link G4 Plug-and-play ECU
-BTI CAN gauge. (Need to double check with Brandon to see if he's still offering them for the Link standalones since they're listed on his site, but can't be purchased.)
-4 Bar map sensor
-FID1000cc injectors (unless they've updated and replaced these with bigger ones). Should be good for about 480hp on corn juice according to my tuner.
-Walbro 450 E85 fuel pump
-RacerX fuel rail
-ATS Racing cold start injector block-off plate

The car is so close to getting done that I can taste it, but at the same time, it feels so far away. Hopefully I can get it running by the 2-year-anniversary-of-ownership mark.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Oct 11, 2019 - 1:51 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Congrats on the new job! smile.gif

--------------------
All good things must come to an end.
post Oct 11, 2019 - 1:52 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:00 AM) *
I finally started a new, stable job last week, so my year of being funemployed has come to an end. That now means moar moniez for car parts, but less time to work on my car. Hopefully by Black Friday, I'll have enough saved up for my standalone and the rest of my fuel system.

Congrats bro! I know how you feel about that. I'm still in contract but most people here at my work-place has been contract-to-hire so I'm not too worried. Indeed I have seen myself buying more and more parts now that I have good OT money to spend on the car lol. And I didn't even think about Black Friday!

This post has been edited by TimeslideZ: Oct 11, 2019 - 1:53 PM
post Oct 13, 2019 - 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:51 AM) *
Congrats on the new job! smile.gif

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:52 PM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Oct 11, 2019 - 1:00 AM) *

Congrats bro! I know how you feel about that. I'm still in contract but most people here at my work-place has been contract-to-hire so I'm not too worried. Indeed I have seen myself buying more and more parts now that I have good OT money to spend on the car lol. And I didn't even think about Black Friday!

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I'm trying not to be impulsive with my purchases just yet since I'm wanting to clear out some other debts first. Hopefully I can handle these overnight projects work is tossing at me so it'll add to my OT.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Oct 15, 2019 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Got the oil feed and return lines made. I kinda ****ed up the finish on the fittings when I made them, but eh. They'll hardly be visible once installed, so won't bother me. I'll eventually need to make lines for my catch can as well.

Hopefully on Friday, I'll be able to get around to putting these on the car and getting the downpipe and one of the AC lines wrapped along with pulling my old harness off. Work schedule has been kind of unpredictable so far with when my shift ends, so we'll see how things go.

Small progress is some progress.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Oct 15, 2019 - 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I've decided it's futile to try and make a car 100% perfect, unless you get it to that point then hermetically seal it. laugh.gif If it works and doesn't look sketchy that's all you can really ask for.

--------------------
post Oct 23, 2019 - 8:30 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Fuel rail came in today AND they included some Big League gum with it. I haven't had this gum since I was a kid. Harness also came in right after the rail got dropped off. Pay day is Friday, so I should be ordering my injectors and pump. Decided to go for FID (Fuel Injector Development) 1000cc since they're a bit cheaper compared to the Injector Dynamic counterpart by about $175, so that difference will go towards the cost of the fuel pump.

My work schedule has been pretty "nice" lately, so it should allow me some time to work on my car when I'm done with my shift. We're getting cloooossseeeee...

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Oct 23, 2019 - 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Wooo parts and gum!

--------------------
post Oct 24, 2019 - 3:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Was just thinking, reminds me of ordering stuff from Sweetwater since they always put candies in with your order. It's the small touches.

--------------------
post Nov 16, 2019 - 12:16 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

So not a whole lot has happened since the last update. I've been ordering a bunch of small fittings here and there to finalize my fuel plumbing route. I also ordered an AEM X-line wideband per my tuner's recommendation along with my FID1000cc injectors only to realize that I was sent 11MM injectors instead of 14MM, so I'm waiting on the 14MM top hats to arrive.

Still need to order my standalone and my CAN gauge, but I'm getting there slowly, but surely. Hopefully next week I can place an order for those.

My fuel pump arrived yesterday, so today, I managed to sneak in some time to at least swap out the pump.

It was kind of a hassle due to that plastic bucket thing that surrounds the pump since the Walbro pump is bigger than the OEM pump. At least that's sorted and out of the way.

I also found out that the oil return line that I made was a wee bit too long, so I'll need to find some time this weekend to shorten it down a bit.

Hopefully next week I can have the old harness pulled off so I can run the new one.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 21st, 2019 - 1:55 AM