> Ryouxrs's st205 conversion, Project Frankenweenie
post Mar 8, 2011 - 9:02 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

Ok, so after the last year and a half of being a member here and finally getting the 94 st celica on the road. im nearing the funding needed to do the 3s swap. of all the options of swaps for these cars, i landed on the 3s for some pretty simple reasons. its relativly straight forward, and has large gain for minimal input time. ( this is my daily driver. ) and as such when all the parts do come together i have a small window for doing this swap and driving it to the exhaust shop. ( 8am-2pm on a given saturday) so im very crunched on the time area so it all has to fit right, and be right the first time.\

this being said im at the stage of getting the clip.

a few things im still looking at are:

gasket set ( pretty sure i can get one for an mr2 and it will be identicle? and if so, what year of mr2 do i get it for? i am using the 3rd gen 3sgte engine )

255 fuel pump ( easily picked up )

drive belts ( once agian an easy find )

so here is were i sit at this point, im not looking to do anything more than stock for now till i can learn the car again after this swap, but rest assured there will be much axle breaking after i once again feel like tim allen in the quest for more power! lmao. If any members out there have input, or add ons to my needs list. please feel free to post up, i can use all the help i can get on this one. thanks

This post has been edited by Ryouxrs: Jul 17, 2014 - 9:37 PM

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 8, 2011 - 9:07 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

update 3/8/11 ended up finding a clip online from jdm_planet. decided to go complete awd conversion, and the clip seemed the best way to go. Some front end damage, so looking for a bumper, and a w2a intercooler heat exchanger. clip will be in my garage this friday ready to work on.

still need:
p/s lines
motor mount
255 fuel pump
front bumper
w2a heat exchanger
exhaust

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 8, 2011 - 9:07 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Gratz on a plan.

Do a search on 3sgte swaps on the general, forced induction, and engine etc maints.

Review some of the previous builds from members, and all those questions will have answers in no time. Not to mention make your swap so much simplier as you'll be knowledgable on the whole process...w/pics. Helping out is all, being i'm doing the same swap in a little while myself. Just thinking since you want it working on the first go, be best have all yo ducks in a row.

Best means to do so, learn from others mistakes =)
post Mar 8, 2011 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

ive been reading up the last year or so, thats why the clip made more sense. less stuff to find. only thing im worried about is the wiring, havnt seen anything showing what need to be lengthend, or converted. other than that its looking really straight foreward. the awd conversion is coming this summer and im having it profesionally installed by a custom vehicle builder here in state. (i cnt weld and i dnt want to screw it up.) but the swap will be done within a month, as long as the cash holds out. lol

This post has been edited by Ryouxrs: Mar 8, 2011 - 9:12 PM

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 8, 2011 - 11:49 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

you better be loaded! haha can't wait to see the results man.

--------------------
post Mar 9, 2011 - 9:37 AM
+Quote Post
jmeyer

Enthusiast
Joined May 14, '08
From Grand Island NY
Currently Offline

I had about 200 man hours of labor into my conversion. At $60 a hour (which I'm guessing is the average cost for a mechanic) thats $12,000. Try to get a price for the whole job because if you have it done hourly it's just not worth it.

--------------------

1994 Supra TT
1999 Cadillac Escalade (winter ride/tow truck)
1994 Celica GT-4 Converted
1998 Celica GT-4 Converted
1987 Corolla FX
1986 Corolla AE86 (Next Project)
post Mar 9, 2011 - 6:53 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

im doing all the labot myself, except the welding for mounting the rear sub frame, and im a lil worried about the wiring, and what needs to be done there, cnt really find info on that subject, but everything else is gonna be all me. i do this kind of thing for a living, so its no big deal as far as tools and such go.

This post has been edited by Ryouxrs: Mar 9, 2011 - 6:54 PM

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 11, 2011 - 11:42 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

the clip is here!!

its not pretty, and a few things are broken/missing. the w2a intercooler heat exchanger is crushed, the projectors, and clear high beams have broken tabs, the air box is missing, and one of the shift cables is broken, but other than that it seems in pretty good shape. came with alot of random stuff from japan in the glove box including 2 cd's of judy and mary. lmao

This post has been edited by Ryouxrs: Mar 11, 2011 - 11:47 PM

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 12, 2011 - 1:50 AM
+Quote Post
NOVAKx17

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
Currently Offline

Damn bro...

even though its not pretty.....
and some stuff got broken.....

ITS TIME FOR THE SWAP!!!!!

and in my opinion, the cds are worth more than the projectors anyways..

hahahahah

can't wait to see more pictures and updates

--------------------
NOVAKx17
2000 Eclipse GT- DD=== oil pump went blown up and sold
1997 Celica ST- swapped and sold
2004 Ford explorer xlt 4x4- totaled
1997 Celica Convertible GT- Going Topless (;
(18:32:21) yarik83: axel has a sensitive wife. i hear she used to be a lesbian and then became ferdi

( PARTING OUT A GT COUPE http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=88592 )
post Mar 12, 2011 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

put all the body panels on (hood, fenders, and tail lights) spent 4 hours with rubbing compound and wax. got most of the scratches and such out. will add pics tom. gonna start tearing the dash appart tom, and attempt to fix the srewed up crash bar and bumper and put it on, the car looks so wierd with the pre facelifet front bumper. lmao

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 12, 2011 - 9:00 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Whats with the kitty litter, is it JDM yo!!!

Nice, great choice going with the clip.

check out batmans build, only a few wires have to be repositioned here and there. you can cut the firewall and connect the harness through there.

I made my harness go through the right spot by extending it.

its depends on what u want..

good luck

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 12, 2011 - 11:09 PM
+Quote Post
yungazzdriver

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 15, '05
From Frederick, Maryland
Currently Offline

Nice build, were going to have to start doing different things to make our cars different now theres going to be more and more awd 6 gens lol
post Mar 13, 2011 - 12:16 AM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

ok, ill check out batmans build for sure, thanks for the info, and yeah, the final plan for the car im naming (black sunshine) will be around 500 whp, awd, 18 inch works rims, power interior conversion, trd spoiler, and a custom picked midnight black metalic paint job with metalic flake red painted accents. but ill be more than happy with the motor and awd swap. lmao

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 14, 2011 - 7:35 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

ok, sry for the lack of updates yesterday, didnt get done till 10 at night. ended up getting all the crash damaged parts pulled out, and or fixed completely to my surprise. here is the finished result, now all that is left is the important bit, the go fast bits! wink.gif

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 14, 2011 - 9:41 PM
+Quote Post
blackthunder

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 21, '05
From Okinawa, Japan
Currently Offline

lookin' good man, keep it up!

--------------------
-Dan
1998 SSII Beams, work in progress...
post Mar 15, 2011 - 6:02 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

at the moment im trying to get ahold of dr. tweak so i can get the harness done, he hasnt replied to my e-mails yet, im just not sure what all needs to be repinned, and plus i dnt want to hack my firewall if i dnt have to. this weekend will be tearing apart the clip to get all the fun bits out, going to a yard to get p/s lines, and possibly a/c lines off of a gt. maybe even brake, and suspension conversion??? if im feeling up to it, and my rims fit those freaking monsterous things anyway. lmao

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 15, 2011 - 7:48 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Ryouxrs @ Mar 15, 2011 - 6:02 PM) *
at the moment im trying to get ahold of dr. tweak so i can get the harness done, he hasnt replied to my e-mails yet, im just not sure what all needs to be repinned, and plus i dnt want to hack my firewall if i dnt have to. this weekend will be tearing apart the clip to get all the fun bits out, going to a yard to get p/s lines, and possibly a/c lines off of a gt. maybe even brake, and suspension conversion??? if im feeling up to it, and my rims fit those freaking monsterous things anyway. lmao

there is a guy in the mr2 forums that you can contact to get the harness done quick.. i cant remember his name..

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 16, 2011 - 6:29 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

finally heard back from dr. tweak. im sending my harness to him as soon as i pull it from clip! thank god i went this route, or id have to send him the one out of my car as well! guess i know what im doing this weekend!

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 21, 2011 - 12:13 AM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

sry guys, another long weekend, ill post up the pics an a vid tom. of this weekends fun, and adventures. lmao

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------
post Mar 21, 2011 - 10:56 PM
+Quote Post
Ryouxrs

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '09
From Longmont, CO.
Currently Offline

so after a long ass weekend and lots of progress on the clip, and some interior goodies this is how it stands now, i took close to 300 pics so if you want to see more, just visit my photobucket page. enjoy!

converted the interior to leather seats front and back as well as black carpet

pretty much how it looked half way through sat night. decided to work on the interior teardown first

yeah just a pick of the left over parts, after sat night i had to make 2 runs to the storage unit with a full size suv. lol

this was fun, my lil brother with a hatchet, and a mallet, with me and the shop vac taking the glass out

score for one harness out of the way!

oh the piiles of fun stuff! this is the start to sunday morning

i know im laying down on the job, but somebody has to!!

body harness is out!

the gf got a lil excited, or bored. i couldnt tell

lil brother with a big metal pole.... this is when i run. lol

all the engine wiring, and almost all the attached parts have been removed, and/or labled.

the pile continues to grow, im running out of places to put stuff, if you havnt noticed yet. im doing this in a 1 car garage... fml.

ok, so finally me and my not so lil brother lift the chassis of the engine/trans/suspension components (yes it was heavy)
and ofcoarse there is always that one bracket or hose that stops everything in its tracks! (like the shirts say about knowing jack schnit... lol

time for a smoke break!

and finally its out!

removing the subframe, and suspension from the engine and trans.

and finally its all apart! well atleast for this weekend

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/b...on/IMG_5468.jpg
and heres a pick thats not so kid friendly of how we say f* this i need a beer!

more to come this weekend, more tear downs, and hopefully some shiney new parts.

the photobucket album is beerstud2222

--------------------
Lift Addict!! ^_^
----------------------

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 9th, 2024 - 12:05 AM