post Dec 22, 2014 - 9:28 AM
+Quote Post
FrostBiitez

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 17, '14
From United Kingdom
Currently Offline

My Celica '97 Project "PUCA"

Hi Guys, Its about time I made a post, I bought my first Jap a week ago, a 1997 Toyota Celica SR 1.8, from a good friend, known here as Bourne6Gen.

So Far, the best way I could describe such a car, would be, "THE F***ING BOMB!", which should be about right considering the amount i'm paying for insurance as I'm 18 and I've only had a licence 5 months.

Car is in need of a wash and polish, but the paint work is in quite good nik.

Here is a link to the post by Bourne6Gen: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=94268&hl=

I've got a few ideas for it, so start of with a GT4 spoiler + JDM rims, purple blaze plastidip colour.

Front strut brace is on its way, GT4 style. I'll also be getting a rear strut next month.

All Ideas and Suggestions (politely) appreciated.

Here are some photos!

This post has been edited by FrostBiitez: Dec 24, 2014 - 5:19 AM
post Dec 22, 2014 - 1:37 PM
+Quote Post
Bourne6Gen

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 22, '14
From Bournemouth, UK
Currently Offline

About time you posted on here.

I have to say that is one sexy car you have there looks very similar to my old ST (btw its a ST not a SR).

add some pics we need pictures!
post Dec 22, 2014 - 2:29 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

welcome! saw your car in bourne6gen's thread. hahaha. both cars look great and it's great that they will be taken care of by you guys. smile.gif
definitely post up pics, keep this progress thread going to keep you motivated and read up on the stickies and how-to's.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Dec 22, 2014 - 2:38 PM
+Quote Post
Bourne6Gen

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 22, '14
From Bournemouth, UK
Currently Offline

Thanks mate we will keep you updated with whatever we get up to with our Celica's.
post Jan 9, 2015 - 7:50 AM
+Quote Post
FrostBiitez

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 17, '14
From United Kingdom
Currently Offline

Hi Guys, figured I'd just update you with an audio from my custom exhaust!

PUCA's Exhaust Audio

Also I'm currently working on something that I believe has never been done on a Celica,... in the world!, or any car in the UK for this matter!

Revealing soon!
post Jan 10, 2015 - 5:20 AM
+Quote Post
MarbleFlame

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 8, '13
From Grafton NSW Australia
Currently Offline

Ute tray? tongue.gif
post Jan 10, 2015 - 6:20 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I've renamed your car Pooky, live with it. tongue.gif If it were me I'd have started with suspension, either quality springs and struts or a quality coil-over set. When you have a car like this that's not powerful you're better off focusing your time and money on handling. Various braces are honestly the last step, coil-overs and sway bars will make the biggest improvement and one that's definitely noticeable. Not sure about in the UK, but the Megan EZ Street is the least expensive quality coil-over set for about $600. Anything like the various air intakes, header, exhaust etc... Won't do much of anything but make more noise. The engine in most Celicas are economy engines, either 1.8L 7A-FE or 2.2L 5S-FE. The FE being Toyota's designation for economy heads, and GE for performance. Those like the SS-III with the BEAMS 3S-GE and the GT-Four with its 3S-GTE are the only real performance engines. Not trying to discourage you in anyway, just trying to educate you so you can make informed decisions with your (assumed due to age) limited budget. Focus on style and handling and I'm sure you'll be happy with your Celica for years to come. Also be careful with rims, as a heavy one will deaden the feel of the car due to its lower power. I ran the OEM 14" alloys on mine and it would spin the tires and chirp into second. One good cheap mod is the Megan (or whoever) 7th gen short shifter, won't really make it faster but it improves the feel of shifting greatly. I think that about covers it, plenty of information here in the forum and I always try to help out with any questions that get posted. So welcome and enjoy your stay!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 12, 2015 - 5:20 AM
+Quote Post
FrostBiitez

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 17, '14
From United Kingdom
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 10, 2015 - 6:20 AM) *
I've renamed your car Pooky, live with it. tongue.gif If it were me I'd have started with suspension, either quality springs and struts or a quality coil-over set. When you have a car like this that's not powerful you're better off focusing your time and money on handling. Various braces are honestly the last step, coil-overs and sway bars will make the biggest improvement and one that's definitely noticeable. Not sure about in the UK, but the Megan EZ Street is the least expensive quality coil-over set for about $600. Anything like the various air intakes, header, exhaust etc... Won't do much of anything but make more noise. The engine in most Celicas are economy engines, either 1.8L 7A-FE or 2.2L 5S-FE. The FE being Toyota's designation for economy heads, and GE for performance. Those like the SS-III with the BEAMS 3S-GE and the GT-Four with its 3S-GTE are the only real performance engines. Not trying to discourage you in anyway, just trying to educate you so you can make informed decisions with your (assumed due to age) limited budget. Focus on style and handling and I'm sure you'll be happy with your Celica for years to come. Also be careful with rims, as a heavy one will deaden the feel of the car due to its lower power. I ran the OEM 14" alloys on mine and it would spin the tires and chirp into second. One good cheap mod is the Megan (or whoever) 7th gen short shifter, won't really make it faster but it improves the feel of shifting greatly. I think that about covers it, plenty of information here in the forum and I always try to help out with any questions that get posted. So welcome and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the input mate, I'll keep that in mind wink.gif .

It's in the list of things to do, no need to worry about the budget, I'm actually quite far of for my age and in qualified full time employment as a Software Engineer, next up is lowering with adjustable coilovers and a front and rear strut brace.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 5:12 AM