> 97cecilia 1mzfe, swap and new looks
post Sep 29, 2014 - 9:53 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

still road testing the car. Running strong!

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Sep 30, 2014 - 10:31 PM
+Quote Post
97cecilia

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 25, '14
From california
Currently Offline

Oh man can't wait to drive my baby again.
post Oct 1, 2014 - 8:10 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

you are going to be very happy.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 1, 2014 - 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Only thing missing is a new radiator. Looks excellent.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Oct 1, 2014 - 10:02 AM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 1, 2014 - 12:58 PM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

I'm still jealous. Lol.

--------------------
post Oct 1, 2014 - 1:15 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Oct 1, 2014 - 10:58 AM) *
I'm still jealous. Lol.

well save your $$$ and join the club

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 1, 2014 - 9:16 PM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

I will smaay. Its next on my list. Lol. Now in debating on bailing on the front conversion and do the v6 swap first. My uncle talked some sense into me that my engine will go out first before the body paint will fade. My engine is at 215k miles. So now he has me second thinking everything. The amount of money I spend on the body paint is will be close to a v6 swap cost. Lol. Then again I want to wait until my next smog to do the v6 swap. So ill have the 2 year gap to BAR it. Next year will be my smog year. So either next year or 2017. -_-

--------------------
post Oct 2, 2014 - 2:49 AM
+Quote Post
97cecilia

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 25, '14
From california
Currently Offline

How did you know I was actually thinking of getting a new radiator next but first thing first and finish paying the mad scientist (smaay)
post Oct 2, 2014 - 10:44 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Oct 1, 2014 - 7:16 PM) *
I will smaay. Its next on my list. Lol. Now in debating on bailing on the front conversion and do the v6 swap first. My uncle talked some sense into me that my engine will go out first before the body paint will fade. My engine is at 215k miles. So now he has me second thinking everything. The amount of money I spend on the body paint is will be close to a v6 swap cost. Lol. Then again I want to wait until my next smog to do the v6 swap. So ill have the 2 year gap to BAR it. Next year will be my smog year. So either next year or 2017. -_-

yes its better to pass a SMOG with your old engine that way you have a good window to get to the BAR. this is a good time you can be sourcing the parts you need.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 2, 2014 - 12:35 PM
+Quote Post
Lamont

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '11
From Cochranville, PA.
Currently Offline

QUOTE (97cecilia @ Oct 2, 2014 - 2:49 AM) *
How did you know I was actually thinking of getting a new radiator next but first thing first and finish paying the mad scientist (smaay)

I'm in the middle of a 1MZFE swap as well and here is what I picked up from eBay for $90 shipped:

I'm having the lower outlet moved to the left where the normal ST location would be located, and the top filler cap removed and welded so there is only one filler cap/overflow spout for $35 at my local welders.
post Oct 2, 2014 - 3:46 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Lamont @ Oct 2, 2014 - 10:35 AM) *
QUOTE (97cecilia @ Oct 2, 2014 - 2:49 AM) *

I'm in the middle of a 1MZFE swap as well and here is what I picked up from eBay for $90 shipped:

I'm having the lower outlet moved to the left where the normal ST location would be located, and the top filler cap removed and welded so there is only one filler cap/overflow spout for $35 at my local welders.

thats a good idea, your harness is on the way.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 3, 2014 - 7:19 PM
+Quote Post
Syaoran

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 4, '12
From US
Currently Offline

Be advised these radiators may come with the posts in the wrong position, causing the fans to not fit. On top of that, you will most likely need to trim them down for the fan shrouds to sit down on the radiator, and I'd recommend getting some foam to seal off the sides of the shroud against the rad.

I have one of those, and it's good. I didn't see much difference from the OEM one I had, in general.

It appears the fin density isn't enough and the full aluminum construction makes it absorb radiating heat a lot more than the plastic-tanked OEM one. I am turbo'd though.

--------------------
1993 Celica GT Coupe - sold
1994 Celica GT Liftback
post Oct 4, 2014 - 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

Or swap to aftermarket slim line fans

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Dec 5, 2014 - 5:53 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Smaay @ Sep 10, 2014 - 10:27 PM) *
Here is the fuel pump assembly, to turn the system into a non-return style, you put a T in the feed line and run it through this regulator that is inside the Camry/Solara fuel tank.

what is the pressure of that fuel regulator, and do you have a part number, Im looking to find a regulator with 45 psi

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 5, 2014 - 3:29 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

thats about what this one is. its 45-50 psi. its the stock regulator out of a 97 camry.

If you dont need inspections, then you could do what I did on my car is convert it to return. I tapped the ends of the rail for -6 and made my rails return style and used the factory fuel lines.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Dec 5, 2014 - 6:22 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Smaay @ Dec 5, 2014 - 2:29 PM) *
thats about what this one is. its 45-50 psi. its the stock regulator out of a 97 camry.

If you dont need inspections, then you could do what I did on my car is convert it to return. I tapped the ends of the rail for -6 and made my rails return style and used the factory fuel lines.

Is it on the rail?

Originally

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 6, 2014 - 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

its in the tank

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Dec 6, 2014 - 12:31 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

ok here is how the vacuum hoses get routed for the charcoal canister to avoid a CEL

this hose here goes to the center nipple on the vacuum canister

The outer hose on the canister here goes to this hardline on the VSV rack

this larger hard line goes to a T and one end goes the charcoal canister, and the other one goes to the vapor pressure sensor.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Dec 18, 2014 - 12:44 AM
+Quote Post
97cecilia

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 25, '14
From california
Currently Offline

Sorry guys I haven't posted new pictures yet but I was a little busy with my mma fight and I'm expecting a new born baby so I've been a little busy however I was taking the back seats out to have extra space in the back to make a custom space for maybe camping equipment and what not but since my girl is pregnant and hopefully no twins but if that's what we get them I'm blessed anyways if it's a boy or a girl I'm going to take out one back seat and customized one part of the car for the baby stuff like you know diaper bag and baby stroller and also for my fishing equipment, camping equipment and or gym bag so I'm going to try and keep one seat for the baby seat mostlikely the one behind me and the rest of the car will be for storage and stuff or maybe I'll keep the one behind the passengers seat not sure quiet yet but working on it. I did install a few new things like new sound system and new interior pieces also fixed a leak on custom sunroof the car had but now it's not a sunroof its just a piece of glass on top fully sealed and I have new interior and hoping to get a paint job before December ends ones the paint job is done I'll post more pictures and upload a few videos to facebook about the car and the performance and stuff like that.

I'm out my girl wants cookies and chocolate milk and a fish soup lol what? Ttyl guys
post Dec 18, 2014 - 1:32 AM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

Trust me leave the baby seat behind the passenger
you be on top of the steering wheel if not. Atleast till the baby's in a forward facing carseat

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 28th, 2024 - 11:15 AM