> Overkill's Ride Plans and Details., Code name Celeste
post Oct 6, 2016 - 12:35 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Should be interesting too see unfold. Also good for you, it's nice to obtain a car you've always wanted even if that means having to remake a car to fully get there.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 16, 2016 - 12:12 PM
+Quote Post
Overkill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '04
From Houston
Currently Offline

I purchased ImportRacer's TRD strut tower brace. I am trying to install it now, but have no idea what bolt size to use on the middle two holes that attach the brace to the firewall. Anyone know?

post Oct 16, 2016 - 3:38 PM
+Quote Post
Overkill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '04
From Houston
Currently Offline

http://imgur.com/TcFvgbd

Updated engine bay with the new TRD strut brace

Also, the proper bolts to be used on the center connection of the strut brace and fire wall are M10X2.5cm or M10X1.25in and uses a 13mm socket head.

This post has been edited by Overkill: Oct 16, 2016 - 3:40 PM
post Oct 25, 2016 - 3:53 AM
+Quote Post
ImportRacer

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 28, '16
From Germany
Currently Offline

Looks good thumbsup.gif
post Oct 26, 2016 - 6:00 AM
+Quote Post
W8NKER

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 23, '16
From South Australia
Currently Offline

Nice trd strut brace!
Thoughts on the strut brace? have you noticed fairly noticeable increase in handling at high speeds?

want to know your personal opinion and hopefully not just placebo reaction haha. thanks
post Oct 26, 2016 - 11:33 AM
+Quote Post
Overkill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '04
From Houston
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ImportRacer @ Oct 25, 2016 - 9:53 AM) *
Looks good thumbsup.gif

Many Thanks to you for selling it to me! BTW guys and gals! If you ever see a sale item from ImportRacer... I can attest to the item being shipped quickly and with awesome packaging!
post Oct 26, 2016 - 11:44 AM
+Quote Post
Overkill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '04
From Houston
Currently Offline

QUOTE (W8NKER @ Oct 26, 2016 - 12:00 PM) *
Nice trd strut brace!
Thoughts on the strut brace? have you noticed fairly noticeable increase in handling at high speeds?

want to know your personal opinion and hopefully not just placebo reaction haha. thanks

I was weary of spending a lot on a strut brace, but knew that if I were to get one... this was the one I wanted. IMO this is a true 3-Point strut brace. The ST205 "typical" strut brace is a 2.5-point strut brace. I have noticed increased rigidity and handling at higher speeds, mostly while taking turns. Here in Houston, there is a swooping right hand turn when going from I-10 Eastbound to 610 South (headed towards the galleria). Before the strut brace taking the corner at 60 was somewhat sketchy. However, I recently took the corner at about 70-75, and it was much easier to hold my line.

with that being said, I still have a lot to do with my suspension. I have a vibration in the steering from an unknown source. It happens very slightly all the time, but is mostly noticeable when I exceed 70mph. My plan is to replace the motor mounts, springs, struts, and also take a look at the axles. However, I will be replacing the axles with my swap... so if I find the source of the vibrations being the axles, I will simply wait until then do fix the problem.
post Oct 31, 2016 - 2:39 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

suspension upgrades really help our 20+ year old cars feel nimble again. I love cornering with this car even though mine's just an ST, still feels great.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Oct 31, 2016 - 3:12 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

^Yup, mine just had Tein springs and KYB struts with new mounts and on 14" all season tires it still handled really well. Lowering springs, struts, and some 16" rims with summer tires would go a long way.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Nov 2, 2016 - 6:25 AM
+Quote Post
ImportRacer

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 28, '16
From Germany
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Overkill @ Oct 26, 2016 - 12:33 PM) *
QUOTE (ImportRacer @ Oct 25, 2016 - 9:53 AM) *
Looks good thumbsup.gif

Many Thanks to you for selling it to me! BTW guys and gals! If you ever see a sale item from ImportRacer... I can attest to the item being shipped quickly and with awesome packaging!

Thanks! For me it was also a pleasure to deal with you.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 11:20 AM