post Mar 19, 2015 - 12:48 PM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

Have to see how cash looks this summer
definitely like to meet up an see someone elses v6!!

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Jun 26, 2015 - 4:47 PM
+Quote Post
Lamont

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '11
From Cochranville, PA.
Currently Offline

Hey guys, I needed a few parts replaced like my front bearings, transmission seals, and clutch. The clutch was used and the throw-out bearing was beginning to rattle, my axle seals leaked pretty bad, and my bearings were pretty grumbly once the v6 swap was completed. So I have been driving for a couple months and besides the leak never really had any issues. I took the car to the shop and they replaced everything and then this happened on the test drive.

I also found out that I have a power steering leak that had been masked by the transmission leak. It only happens when the wheel is at full lock the pump main seal just pukes when the wheel is at full lock. So now that needs to be addressed rolleyes.gif kindasad.gif

post Jun 26, 2015 - 5:49 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

You're not supposed to keep steering at full lock for more than a few seconds anyhow with hydraulic power steering.

There should be a seal/rebuild kit available so you don't have to buy another pump just because of the leak.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Sep 5, 2015 - 3:18 PM
+Quote Post
Lamont

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '11
From Cochranville, PA.
Currently Offline

Hello guys, I know it's been a while since I updated this project thread, but I have been busy with work and everyday life laugh.gif . Since my last update I have replaced the clutch with a Exedy stock replacement with a Toyota throw-out bearing. I have also replaced the transmission oil seals because they started leaking a little, or just marking it's territory tongue.gif . I have been enjoying the extra horse power and toque to no end, and coupled with the LSD transmission it is a real blast to drive. Today I got an alignment which I have needed since putting replacing the clutch and transmission seals. Here is a couple pics from the alignment shop:

Future plans are to repair/replace some interior plastics that were damaged during the engine swap. I am also on the fence about replacing the struts or going with coil-overs. I can get replacement struts and mounts for about $450 or get a set of Megan ez-coilovers for $700 or standard Megans or BC coil-overs for $899 - $999. The main issue I'm having is how much adjustability do I really need. Right now I have Tien springs with standard struts and I like the ride, but my front struts need to be replaced. I'm afraid I won't like the ride quality of coil-overs and would have wasted money on something I'm not satisfied with in the end. It is hard to gauge product reviews because they are all over the spectrum from wonderful to awful. I know it comes down comfort for me at the end of they day I don't want my spleen and kidneys aching after a road trip cwm13.gif .

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 8:59 PM