6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1MZ-FE into my MR2, Building a 3SGTE these days.
post Mar 19, 2018 - 7:47 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

if a new turbo is coming, that manifold needs paint, to make the whole engine delicious

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 19, 2018 - 10:00 AM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
From pineapple under the sea
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 19, 2018 - 5:47 AM) *
if a new turbo is coming, that manifold needs paint, to make the whole engine delicious

It’s going to be hidden under the heat shield, so I’m not going to bother. The manifold will eventually be replaced down the road.

--------------------
1991 MR2 - T-tops - Crimson Red - Gen3 3SGTE - Lots of money

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
**** Photobucket
post Mar 19, 2018 - 1:30 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

but youll know, ill know and everyone will know now.... rust is like measles, it spreads...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 19, 2018 - 3:12 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 19, 2018 - 11:30 AM) *
but youll know, ill know and everyone will know now.... rust is like measles, it spreads...

Painting it would be like giving it a vaccine then... And we all know that causes autism.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 19, 2018 - 5:42 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

lol!!!! touche.....

--------------------

post Mar 19, 2018 - 6:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hmm, could ceramic coat it to help keep the heat where you want it. Then there's more to it than just looking pretty, it'll have substance too.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 19, 2018 - 8:16 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

Nope. Not going to bother with it.

I did take a few minutes yesterday to assemble my fuel pump hanger and slap a Walbro in it.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 21, 2018 - 11:36 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

awwwwwww yiss

I was on my way out the door, so I didn’t have time for proper photos. I’ll get them tomorrow.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 22, 2018 - 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Directions unclear....hotdog stuck in impeller.

--------------------
post Mar 24, 2018 - 10:43 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From U.P. michigan GO STATE
Currently Offline

Looks nice, I'm familiar with the black jack. Contemplated it before going to turbobay with mine. Do they address the wastegate at all by porting them? I've never really seen much of a issue with the Ct20b having creep issues but regardless a larger wheel will have that tendency. Also word of caution with that wastegate actuator. Ran the same one on my ct15b billet upgrade and had about zero control over boost. Was laggy and then would build to spring pressure, then creep to the moon. Just a fair warning if you run into a issue like that not to go in search of anything else mad.gif

QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Mar 22, 2018 - 12:36 AM) *
awwwwwww yiss

I was on my way out the door, so I didn’t have time for proper photos. I’ll get them tomorrow.

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
Back-2-Back July COTM 15&16
post Mar 24, 2018 - 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Mar 24, 2018 - 8:43 PM) *
Looks nice, I'm familiar with the black jack. Contemplated it before going to turbobay with mine. Do they address the wastegate at all by porting them? I've never really seen much of a issue with the Ct20b having creep issues but regardless a larger wheel will have that tendency. Also word of caution with that wastegate actuator. Ran the same one on my ct15b billet upgrade and had about zero control over boost. Was laggy and then would build to spring pressure, then creep to the moon. Just a fair warning if you run into a issue like that not to go in search of anything else mad.gif

Ive read the same thing about the wastegate. I’m going to put a lighter spring in it, something around 10psi, but if it acts up I’ll be reaching out to ATS.

Got the AN fitting pressed into the valve cover, and reinstalled. I still need to chase the threads in one of the heat shield mounts, then I can be done with that.

I also took some time this afternoon to install the Suspension Techniques front sway bar... and I found that the factory bracket on the passenger side was completely trashed. Previous owner must have ran over something good. I didn’t grab pictures of it tonight because I just wanted to be done and go inside, but when I get out there tomorrow to clean up my mess I’ll show you what I found.

Thankfully the ST sway bar comes with new brackets.

This post has been edited by 95CelicaST: Mar 24, 2018 - 11:41 PM

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 25, 2018 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

Okay. Went back out to the garage and cleaned up the stock sway bar mounts.

So the left side bracket looks a bit like this.

And the right side looks like this.

Bushing was completely compromised. I had to stand on it to get it off of the sway bar. I decided to clean all of the years of filth off of it to try and expose the damage underneath.

The previous owner must’ve jumped a curb at some point and bottomed that bracket out. No other damage under the car, thankfully.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 25, 2018 - 8:15 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

That'll buff right out.

--------------------
post Mar 29, 2018 - 9:47 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Curious, is the wastegate easy to open by hand compared to the oem actuator?

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
post Mar 30, 2018 - 12:19 AM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Mar 29, 2018 - 7:47 PM) *
Curious, is the wastegate easy to open by hand compared to the oem actuator?

I’ll go out and try it tomorrow.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 31, 2018 - 3:00 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

I don’t have the stock one to reference, but I believe it is a bit more difficult to open by hand, primarily because of the 1.2 bar spring.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 31, 2018 - 7:33 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Like it, man. that engine is amazing...

--------------------

post Apr 1, 2018 - 8:01 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

^Indeed, can't wait to see it in the car and how it does.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 2, 2018 - 5:00 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Aghh darn, thanks though. Only reason i ask is i have a mamba tech actuator on my FTW 21b, it has a 12lb spring but it opens with half the force of the oem. oem is aprox 40lbs to open and cracks at 7-8 psi with a hand pump. hopefully you have no issues!

Also out of curiosity, did ats machine the turbine housing? like right after the turbine wheel would be the best way i could describe it.

Hate to bombard you with stuff... Do not run 20w50 oil. I have a gut feeling ats may have recommended that to you but I can assure you it will be a death sentence to your turbo. I went through 5 CT15b billet upgrades blowing liquid oil through the piston ring on the turbine side. ATS or someone had brainstormed the idea from ForgedPerformance aka a mitsu turbo builder. The article being from 2010 stating they recommend vr1 20w50 for all the stock frame turbo upgrades. If you peep the article you will note the car in question is a 600whp car...not a 3sgte. not a ct style turbo... 20w50 will not drain as it should and will, i repeat will fill your CHRA and have no where to go but out the exhaust.

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: Apr 2, 2018 - 6:51 PM

--------------------

post Apr 5, 2018 - 1:19 AM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

I ordered a couple items today, hoping the OEM pieces aren’t suddenly discontinued and nowhere to be found.

Ordered a new OEM windshield wiper cowl, and the door seal/belting, as mine are showing their age.

I also ordered a shift knob to try out. The one in the car is a piece I made on a lathe back in the beginning of this thread. Looks and feels great, except for when it is hit by the sun, in which case it will burn when you grab it.

Also hopped in on a group buy for something that I’ll share when it finally comes to fruition.

Edit: I forgot I ordered a few other things a couple weeks ago.

- new lug nuts to replace the crappy aluminum ones I have now. Those are still waiting to be shipped.
- new poly mount inserts from Kirk
- new front endlinks. Beefier, to take the literal weak link out of the front.

This post has been edited by 95CelicaST: Apr 5, 2018 - 1:22 AM

--------------------

**** Photobucket

35 Pages V  « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 12:11 PM