6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MK3 supras going up in value or overpriced supra?
post May 11, 2016 - 5:42 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supra-Base-...em=131808687432

there is another near me

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/ve...81064&Log=0

are these cars going up in price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supra-MK-II...em=361555103687

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Mar 8, 2019 - 10:37 AM

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 11, 2016 - 6:53 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I wonder if the drugs they're on come with them, especially the autotragic N/A for $16,000. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 11, 2016 - 7:49 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

the one on ebay, i spoke with seller, 1 owner, not exactly low miles, not interested in 5 speed. looks in good condition, Not looking for a resto, i want a car that is drive ready. but its either 8k price range, or pos at 2000 bucks.

only issues with them i see the ac buttons peel off, cheap material i guess

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 11, 2016 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Of the bunch you posted I'd go after the MKII. If you're going to get an automatic the SC300 would be a better buy, especially for what some want for an automatic N/A MKIII. The MKIV Supra being based on the SC300 you have a fair amount of parts interchangeability here and there, and they're not too terribly expensive in great shape. $8,000 would get a really nice 5-speed car, though if you have your heart set on a MKII or MKIII Supra that's understandable too.

A lot of 80's cars are bad about peeling A/C and radio buttons, the process they used to adhere a thin layer of cutout black plastic over a clear plastic button in order to get them to illuminate wasn't the best obviously. Really the biggest thing to watch out for on the MKIII is if the head gasket has been redone properly

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 11, 2016 - 10:51 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

they're asking a lot for some NA Auto MK3s even though they look to be clean. That Red '88, although it has low miles, is dreaming if they're going to get that price. I find it interesting that the Blue has '89+ tails on it. Of the 2, I'd probably go for the MK2 assuming it's a P-Type and probably offer them about $5500-$6K for it. The fart can on it makes me wonder what kind of life it led though.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post May 12, 2016 - 6:54 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

believe it or not, the car is not for me, my daughter will learn to drive, and wants the blue supra. she found it, not me.

But not sure if its priced right. Best I could get was that the timing belt was changed 30 k miles ago. Headgasket, I doubt. This was an ladys car per the seller. I have not laid eyes on car yet. I doubt we get it, because I feel its too big of a car for her....

He wont budge on the price though. And the more I search for a cheaper car, I just found raped out supras.

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 7:08 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Duh, get her a Celica. laugh.gif

The Supra has some awkward dimensions for a first car, something like a 8G Corolla with a 2ZZ/C60 swap would be a much better first car to learn to drive with. Just toss a PFC in there and set the rev limit to 6,000 for her first year of driving and she'll have a regular Corolla.

--------------------
post May 12, 2016 - 7:16 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ May 12, 2016 - 7:08 AM) *
Duh, get her a Celica. laugh.gif

The Supra has some awkward dimensions for a first car, something like a 8G Corolla with a 2ZZ/C60 swap would be a much better first car to learn to drive with. Just toss a PFC in there and set the rev limit to 6,000 for her first year of driving and she'll have a regular Corolla.

you don't understand, she wants a flip up headlights car, an 80's car. A 8g corolla is out of the question. MKI mr2 is more appropriate.

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 7:55 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

'89-'93 240SX.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post May 12, 2016 - 7:58 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ May 12, 2016 - 7:55 AM) *
'89-'93 240SX.

nope, lol, Toyota please... 240s are raped

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 10:48 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools...ta-supra-mk_iii

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

another one?

http://www.supratraderonline.com/for-sale/clear/

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 11:31 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

pop up headlights.
4th & 5th gen celi...? u could even find a nice alltrac. haha.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 12, 2016 - 12:51 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i know lol, she likes the poopra... she would have to sit on one, to see if she can see with that big dash

the more I look, all the good supras, unmolested are running 8k to 10k

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 1:08 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ May 12, 2016 - 10:48 AM) *

VIN:
JT2MA70 = Nonturbo
JT2MA71 = Turbo

smile.gif

We might have some for sale here in Houston if you're willing to travel. What are you looking for in a MK3? Budget?

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: May 12, 2016 - 1:09 PM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post May 12, 2016 - 1:10 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Here's your solution:

You can find a really nice one for next to nothing, the 22R-E will last forever, and there's not enough power to get into trouble as a starting driver. It's still rear wheel drive and it's a car that can grow with her.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 12, 2016 - 1:54 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well, she will go to look at one today, to see if she even fits. if she cant see pass the dash, then its a no no...

Im looking for a turnkey mk3, low miles. that I don't have to wrench. No projects.

Unfortunately box, no celica or celica supra. those that have a high price, are one owner cars, unmolested.

--------------------

post May 12, 2016 - 2:13 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Nobody wants the regular Celica though, they're too busy wanting a Celica Supra, Supra, or AE86 Corolla. If FWD isn't an issue there's the fourth and fifth gen Celica which no one really wants unless it's an All-Trac. The 6th gen Corolla GT-S AE92 has pop up lights as well, but is FWD like the rest of the Corolla lineup by that point. Surely could get any of those in nice shape for half of what it'd cost to get a nice MKIII. There's also the MR2, but even with low power it's probably not the best first car and it seems nice examples cost a bit now. Again if she has her heart set on the Supra that's one thing, but if it's just a "I want pop up lights" there are a good variety to choose from that won't break the bank. Here's another thought, start her out with a Celica and find a decent MKIII as a good father-daughter project.

This post has been edited by Box: May 12, 2016 - 2:14 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 12, 2016 - 3:12 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

you're gonna need to retorque those head bolts or replace them all together along with a new headgasket on those 7Ms. As long as everything else is still healthy, ARP headbolts and an OEM gasket will just fine as long as everything is torqued down properly.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post May 12, 2016 - 4:12 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well my wife saw the 15k one today, its close by, and she states it was immaculate.

im at work,

i believe im starting to sound like box, posting this threads, and talking to myself

--------------------

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 12:40 AM