6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> '98 Celica GT: The Continuation...., Dun dun duuuunnnnnn.....
post Dec 7, 2017 - 11:22 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Herro....

I don't think this car really needs that much of an introduction as I'm sure most of you may (or possibly may not) recognize it.

Picked this up from Edgar earlier this week after my last daily was stolen the Friday before Turkey Day and was recovered the following Wednesday in an even ****tier condition than it left. lol So the Celica is going to continue to serve daily duties for me as it did the previous owners.

Anywho, it's been about 9 years since I was last in a 6GC and I'm happy to be back in one. I have a few things planned for it, but trying to prioritize some other plans first before I can set funds aside for the car.

I'd post more pictures, but it's cold as bawls and it's raining/snowing/sleeting down here and I've been working 15 hour days.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Dec 7, 2017 - 11:30 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Dec 7, 2017 - 10:22 PM) *

Really gutsy to take a picture with a Mustang coming towards you.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 8, 2017 - 12:02 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Ngo kidding. I nearly shat myself.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Dec 8, 2017 - 1:13 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Time to update that sig. How does it drive? How do you like it compared to the Accord Supra?

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 8, 2017 - 8:39 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Happy to see you back in one Alex.

Like I said, let me know if you need interior stuff.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Dec 8, 2017 - 9:37 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

MOAR MODS!!!

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Dec 8, 2017 - 8:46 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 8, 2017 - 12:13 AM) *
Time to update that sig. How does it drive? How do you like it compared to the Accord Supra?

I'll update mine if you update yours. lol

It drives.... good. lol It's fun. Not as quick as the Poopra, but it's enough to zip me around traffic. I'm trying not to scratch the mod itch because there's a few things I want to change, but the Supra comes first since I'm "almost done" with it. If I do find some badass deals on stuff that I do want, I may just hop on it first.

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Dec 8, 2017 - 7:39 AM) *
Happy to see you back in one Alex.

Like I said, let me know if you need interior stuff.

pho sho, pham! I'll let you know, but it'll be a while til I get to that point.

Btw, I was telling Daniel a while ago that we need to get someone to sign up with the user name CripCash to counter yours. lol

QUOTE (cheela @ Dec 8, 2017 - 8:37 AM) *
MOAR MODS!!!

I'M TAKING DONATIONS!!

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Dec 8, 2017 - 10:21 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Psssh, a Supra is never done.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 8, 2017 - 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Dec 8, 2017 - 10:21 PM) *

It hurts because it’s true.

What’s wrong with my sig? It’s mostly correct!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 9, 2017 - 11:45 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 8, 2017 - 10:01 PM) *

I think all 3 vehicles listed are hers.... just sayin...

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Dec 9, 2017 - 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

Shots fired!!!!

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Dec 9, 2017 - 11:45 AM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 8, 2017 - 10:01 PM) *

I think all 3 vehicles listed are hers.... just sayin...

post Dec 9, 2017 - 12:37 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Eh, that’s just part of getting married. What’s hers is hers and what’s mine is hers, we compromise and do things her way, and since I’m not trying to impress anybody anymore I might as well eat what I want and get fat. laugh.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 9, 2017 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

If you're going to do that then don't get a pool and the accompanying pool boy.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 9, 2017 - 5:00 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

so who is this guy?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 9, 2017 - 9:08 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

idk but hes not very popular on here

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Dec 10, 2017 - 8:52 AM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

Hope you give it a good home and keep me update with whatever you do!

--------------------
15PSI - 30MPG - Megasquirt Tuned
post Dec 10, 2017 - 9:47 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 9, 2017 - 11:37 AM) *
Eh, that’s just part of getting married. What’s hers is hers and what’s mine is hers, we compromise and do things her way, and since I’m not trying to impress anybody anymore I might as well eat what I want and get fat. laugh.gif

It needs to be more apparent for those not in the know.

QUOTE (Box @ Dec 9, 2017 - 3:04 PM) *
If you're going to do that then don't get a pool and the accompanying pool boy.

No no. Let this play out and see what happens.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 9, 2017 - 4:00 PM) *
so who is this guy?

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Dec 9, 2017 - 8:08 PM) *
idk but hes not very popular on here

Popularity is for the birds.

QUOTE (lagos @ Dec 10, 2017 - 7:52 AM) *
Hope you give it a good home and keep me update with whatever you do!

I definitely will!

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Dec 24, 2017 - 11:00 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

So, I finally was able to get the car up in the air to check out what's going on underneath. Looks like I have some work cut out for me, but it's ok....sorta... Kind of expected it. There's a few spots of surface rust here and there that I need to take care of with either some primer or POR15. Main concern is one of the mounting points on the rear subframe for one of the stabilizer bars/arms thing. I'm hoping the rust isn't too bad there where I can just sand it down and clean it up.

One of the rear springs is experiencing some surface rust as well. Debating if I wanna replace with a new spring/strut combo or get coilovers for it.... Bags would be cool doe.... Stuntin' on bags of disappointment with my GT-2!

The mounting hanger for the exhaust by the muffler completely rusted off, so there's a quarter-sized hole sitting there and the exhaust is just now chilling out. May either replace it with another custom 3" exhaust utilizing an oval section under the axle or picking up an HKS Silent Hi-Power or a Fujitsubo exhaust for it.

Car is leaking oil in a few places: Valve covers and turbo oil line for sure. With that said, I ordered a complete engine gasket overhaul kit to replace all seals for the engine. Also ordered some viton valve steam seals and the 2 Hose from Hell pieces. Figured while I was at it, might as well give it a solid tune-up with a new water pump & belt along with an oil pump. My mechanic is going to have a field day with this one. lol Do need to sort out the temp dial AC/Heater situation though with Houston's literal bipolar weather.

For the time being, got the Celica a Christmas present with some S2 JDM tail lights. Need to go borrow some tools now to switch them out since some turd wads thought it was cool to steal my last daily and take my tools that were in it. :\

The Recaros are for the Supra since the driver's seat motor is going out. Just need to order seat rails and sliders for it. They may find their way into the Celica at some point assuming I can find a deal on another set of Recaros, Brides, Braums, or Status seats. Both front seats do need to be recovered though and that may end up being the route I go as it's cheaper and I can do the work myself.

Aside from that, enjoying the mess out of the car and bringing disappointment to all who ask "Is that all-wheel drive?" I can see the light slowly fade from their eyes when I say, "Ngo....."

Quick pic with the poopra before it goes off for a new clutch. Spec stage 2 clutch in the Celica made the stock clutch in the Supra feel non-existent. That was weird.... lol

#ReindeerGang

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: Dec 24, 2017 - 11:13 PM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Dec 25, 2017 - 12:19 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hmmm, if you could find some new old stock Tein or Tanabe coil-overs. I looked at some point not long ago and found some Tein ones. Otherwise it's all Taiwanese parts bin stuff as far as new sets go.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 25, 2017 - 1:04 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I've considered used coil overs, but am concerned about remaining life on them and at what point they'll need a rebuild. If it comes down to it, I'm juggling between BC Racing or Fortune Autos. Either one with the Swift Springs upgrade. By the looks of it, Blitz still offers coilovers for this chassis as well.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Dec 25, 2017 - 5:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Sadly the Blitz appear to be done by BC now, I had found them and got excited but upon closer inspection of photos and specs they're just like the Megan and BC stuff. There's some new old stock Tein out there, just a quick eBay search: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1999-Toyota-C...jDh&vxp=mtr

I think I found them cheaper on places like Amazon.jp and Rakuten, but rather or not you could get them to ship to the U.S. I dunno.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 26, 2017 - 11:57 AM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

Glad to see you are taking good care of it.

Most of the rust that you are seeing on the rear sub frame should just be on the surface. I would just sand it down and treat it with POR15. Same deal with the springs. They are not that old so unless you want to upgrade the suspension for performance reasons, I wouldn't mess with it. The exhaust was made with aluminized steel at least 10 years ago, so I'm not surprised that you found some rust issues with it. I would honestly just drive it until it fully deteriorates.

I would recommend replacing the power steering pump too. Thats where 90% of the oil mess you are seeing is coming from. It was always on my to-do list.
Doing the front and rear control arm bushings would also be a good idea and a cheap DIY project.

As for the climate control, I had an issue with the temp adjustment getting stuck and not wanting to go full cold/hot. I disconnected the cable from the coolant line in the engine bay and just manually set it by hand to the temp I wanted. I think the issue might be with the climate control unit. Should be a pretty easy and cheap fix to replace it with a used unit.

--------------------
post Dec 26, 2017 - 12:36 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

If the climate control unit is the issue, I believe I have a spare. Needs LED’s or new bulbsbut otherwise functional. I have your other stuff ready to ship so I can add that to it if you’d like.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 26, 2017 - 8:27 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Dec 25, 2017 - 4:20 PM) *
Sadly the Blitz appear to be done by BC now, I had found them and got excited but upon closer inspection of photos and specs they're just like the Megan and BC stuff. There's some new old stock Tein out there, just a quick eBay search: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1999-Toyota-C...jDh&vxp=mtr

I think I found them cheaper on places like Amazon.jp and Rakuten, but rather or not you could get them to ship to the U.S. I dunno.

I found the Blitz on RHDJapan's site. But if they are BCs, then I may end up just going with BCs or the Fortune Auto route.

QUOTE (lagos @ Dec 26, 2017 - 10:57 AM) *
Glad to see you are taking good care of it.

Most of the rust that you are seeing on the rear sub frame should just be on the surface. I would just sand it down and treat it with POR15. Same deal with the springs. They are not that old so unless you want to upgrade the suspension for performance reasons, I wouldn't mess with it. The exhaust was made with aluminized steel at least 10 years ago, so I'm not surprised that you found some rust issues with it. I would honestly just drive it until it fully deteriorates.

I would recommend replacing the power steering pump too. Thats where 90% of the oil mess you are seeing is coming from. It was always on my to-do list.
Doing the front and rear control arm bushings would also be a good idea and a cheap DIY project.

As for the climate control, I had an issue with the temp adjustment getting stuck and not wanting to go full cold/hot. I disconnected the cable from the coolant line in the engine bay and just manually set it by hand to the temp I wanted. I think the issue might be with the climate control unit. Should be a pretty easy and cheap fix to replace it with a used unit.

I'm doing what I can. It's probably gonna make me broke for a little while, but should make the car pretty solid when all is said and done.

That's what I figured with the rust. I'll find some time after the new year to tackle it. I'll need to order some POR15 first along with an air grinder with a sanding disc to make life easier. I just don't want it to progress. A suspension overhaul is in the plans though for both cars. It's just going to take a while. The idea of coilovers is up in the air until it gets time to address it. The coilovers in the Supra did spoil me though...

And that's the plan with the exhaust. I was debating about running open downpipe for a while for ****s and giggles.

That's what I forgot to order....... I'll replace the seals in the pump to see if that'll help it. When I checked fluid levels to top it off, it didn't require a whole lot. A couple of ounces at most. :\ I'll figure it out once it's all taken apart though.

That's what I ended up doing as well with the heater. Kind of an inconvenience, but it is what it is. Edgar said the AC was charged and full but when I switch to AC and close the heater valve, it doesn't blow cold.... Weird, but I'll look into that later as well.

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 26, 2017 - 11:36 AM) *
If the climate control unit is the issue, I believe I have a spare. Needs LED’s or new bulbsbut otherwise functional. I have your other stuff ready to ship so I can add that to it if you’d like.

Send dat bish. I may have a friend help me tackle the LED mods for the lights as I'm not 100% confident in my soldering skills. May see if new buttons and knobs are available from Toyota as well like they are for the Poopra.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Dec 26, 2017 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

That's what I ended up doing as well with the heater. Kind of an inconvenience, but it is what it is. Edgar said the AC was charged and full but when I switch to AC and close the heater valve, it doesn't blow cold.... Weird, but I'll look into that later as well.

Try moving the coolant valve adjuster thats in the engine bay by hand. Its probably on full hot, so you are getting ac and full heat.
AC always worked fine when I had the car.

--------------------
post Dec 27, 2017 - 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

rust you say.. dont grind the rust, chemically treat it. get rid of the rust and not the metal....

blasting would be the most ideal... but sometimes cant get it.. chemically treat it and then do por15 to seal it...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 27, 2017 - 3:21 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 27, 2017 - 11:22 AM) *
rust you say.. dont grind the rust, chemically treat it. get rid of the rust and not the metal....

blasting would be the most ideal... but sometimes cant get it.. chemically treat it and then do por15 to seal it...

Its true. With POR15 you just want to wash off any dirt and then you paint directly over the rust.

--------------------
post Dec 27, 2017 - 7:16 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

I thought por15 really only sticks to bare metal.

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Dec 27, 2017 - 8:43 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Nah, it doesn’t like bare metal. It sticks best to rust.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 27, 2017 - 11:16 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (lagos @ Dec 26, 2017 - 9:07 PM) *

Try moving the coolant valve adjuster thats in the engine bay by hand. Its probably on full hot, so you are getting ac and full heat.
AC always worked fine when I had the car.

Well, I reattached the arm to the adjuster just to see what it does. Went back in the cabin and cranked it from hot to cold. It closed the valve, but still blew warm air. Turned the knob to hot, it stayed close and blew meh air. -_- maybe a newer-ish control unit can be the fix. I'll take a look at it when the car comes back after being resealed. Weather is getting colder and wetter for the next few days, so it's not going to be a problem at the moment.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 27, 2017 - 10:22 AM) *

Copy that. I saw on their website that they have a 3-step process/chemicals: Clean, prep, and coat.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jan 8, 2018 - 12:12 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Got the car a Christmas present and updated the meh S1 series tail lights to the more organized S2 tails. Now trying to figure out what to do with the old tail lights.

Other than that, still waiting on the Supra to be done as this is currently how she sits at my mechanic's shop:

He's fiddling with it in his spare time to get the clutch replaced, but I'm not worried as it's free storage for me since my mom's new Accord is taking up my storage unit at the moment. After the Celica goes in and gets all the leaks and mechanical stuff taken care of, I've been strongly contemplating putting both cars on the backburner to focus on other endeavours until finances improve. Feels like it'll be a slight bummer, but as long as both cars are mechanically sound, I'll be happy.

"He who chases two rabbits catches neither one."

Did find out last night that I more than likely will be replacing the struts/springs some time soon. Had a passenger in the back seat and at a few bumps and dips, the car would bottom out. Probably won't have back seat passengers all that much, but still something I don't want to deal with in the event that I do get one or two.

Other than that, been getting the opportunity to work on some gorgeous VW Beetles since the holidays have come and gone.

Sapphire Blue Pearl is a 2015 3.8L twin turbo with the PDK transmission and an aftermarket exhaust. Loud as phuc in that shop on cold start, but sounds sexy as hell.

This one came in for our full front Xpel clear bra wrap and CeramicPro Silver package ceramic coating.

While this one received a full car Xpel clear bra wrap and CeramicPro Silver package about a month ago and came for some Xpel touch-up and a quick wash (literally spritz the car with quick detailer and wiped it down in 5 minutes with a microfiber towel. Clear bra + CeramicPro = Nguyening!).

2018 Chalk coloured 4.0L NA 6-spd (returning year of the manual transmission) and the owner drives the ever-loving piss out of it.

Before the chalk one came in, my friend sent his girlfriend off to get her nails did by Tammy at Beautiful Nail to help her look like a super model or cheer leader with some crystal gel and she unknowingly had them painted to match the client's car.

Got a Land Rover Range Rover SVR in the shop at the moment and will be working on that tomorrow with some Xpel and CeramicPro as well. Can't wait.

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: Jan 8, 2018 - 12:15 AM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jan 8, 2018 - 12:47 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

like your fingernails.

--------------------

post Jan 8, 2018 - 1:24 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

My hands are girlier than an actual girl's, I quit.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 8, 2018 - 10:37 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 8, 2018 - 12:24 AM) *
My hands are girlier than an actual girl's, I quit.

If it helps you feel any better, she's a radiologist.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jan 8, 2018 - 11:16 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Not sure that helps any, that's ok I really don't mind my lady hands. Hell my hair is longer than 99% of women I see, so it really doesn't bother me. I keep threatening to become a hand and hair model, maybe I should. laugh.gif THEN I TOO COULD AFFORD A SUPRA!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 10, 2018 - 12:23 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Anywho. Picked up the Supra yesterday to break in the clutch and dropped the Celica off to get all the leaks fixed and have my mechanic go over the car. He's gonna hate it like he does the Supra, but he'll live. lol Should probably have it back in a couple of weeks since I told him to take his time.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jan 10, 2018 - 2:10 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

How can he hate the Supra, it's not like it's a Z32 Twin Turbo or 3000GT VR-4.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 10, 2018 - 11:48 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 10, 2018 - 3:10 AM) *
How can he hate the Supra, it's not like it's a Z32 Twin Turbo or 3000GT VR-4.

I had a high school buddy with a VR-4... Let's just say that it made me **** myself, but it was about as reliable as a 1990's Kia.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jan 10, 2018 - 12:40 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

I remember watching my dad help change the spark plugs on my uncle's VR-4 back in the days. not good times. not good times at all...

--------------------

post Jan 10, 2018 - 4:25 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Like seriously... Which it's not identical, but my MKIII Supras had plenty of room for everything and from pictures it seems the MKIV isn't really any worse. I'd much rather work on a MKIV Supra over the Z32 or 3000GT, which you're less likely to have to work on it in any state rather stock or modified. Especially the VR-4...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 10, 2018 - 9:38 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

It's a modified vehicle. He doesn't want to fiddle with that mess as it's a liability on him if something happens, even though he knows all of the dumb **** I get into with cars. lol So with how much work has been done to this one, he's gonna hate it.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jan 10, 2018 - 9:45 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ahhh ok, figured it was like some kind of tuning/race shop you were using. Here, get a highly modified VR-4 and bring it to him and when it breaks all the time hold him liable. Then he'll love the Supra and Celica! laugh.gif

Hell the VR-4 could be stock and break all the time anyway, maybe that'd be better to prove the point. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Box: Jan 10, 2018 - 9:46 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 19, 2018 - 9:47 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Jan 10, 2018 - 1:40 PM) *
I remember watching my dad help change the spark plugs on my uncle's VR-4 back in the days. not good times. not good times at all...

Yep, my dad tried helping out my cousin with his... 3 days later and couldn't fix it so they gave up.
Nice updates on the car so far, I especially like how you got free storage ha ha.
post Feb 21, 2018 - 10:50 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

About the only update I have so far is that the car has been parked for the last month or so. Oil leak has gotten ridiculous, the car doesn't boost, and it stalls coming to a stop. My mechanic doesn't have time for the car since his two employees are out for vacation for the last month or so and it's just him running solo until they get back. So Tuesday, I'll be towing it clear across town to a friend's shop to have the overhaul done. In the mean time, the Supra has been serving daily duties and even that is starting to act up. -_- Can't catch a break.

Progress updates on the car will probably come to a halt for a while as I have received a job offer up in Dallas, so things will be changing as I get settled up there and readjust. I honestly don't want to make the move, but it's a good career opportunity and it'll pull me out of my comfort that I've settled into here at home.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 22, 2018 - 12:31 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Are you going to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 22, 2018 - 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Dude! stop breaking stuff!

but if worse comes to worse, you can take the 2jz and put it in the celi, then come grab my 7a and put that in the supra for a super reliable daily. and MPGs for days. wink.gif

--------------------

post Feb 22, 2018 - 10:45 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Feb 21, 2018 - 10:50 PM) *
I have received a job offer up in Dallas

You misspelled Denver.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 22, 2018 - 11:28 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 22, 2018 - 10:45 AM) *

You misspelled Denver.

You misspelled District of Columbia

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Feb 22, 2018 - 11:34 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Feb 22, 2018 - 10:28 AM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 22, 2018 - 10:45 AM) *

You misspelled Denver.

You misspelled District of Columbia

You misspelled Parangaricutirimicuaro

--------------------

post Feb 22, 2018 - 12:34 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I CLAIMED HIM FIRST!

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 22, 2018 - 9:55 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 21, 2018 - 11:31 PM) *
Are you going to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader?

Shhhhh.... dayyuummm, Gina.... Gaaahhhhhhh....

QUOTE (cheela @ Feb 22, 2018 - 9:01 AM) *
Dude! stop breaking stuff!

but if worse comes to worse, you can take the 2jz and put it in the celi, then come grab my 7a and put that in the supra for a super reliable daily. and MPGs for days. wink.gif

That.....doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll put that on my list of Nopes.

QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 22, 2018 - 9:45 AM) *

You misspelled Denver.

I'm still applying. lol

QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 22, 2018 - 11:34 AM) *
I CLAIMED HIM FIRST!

Ladies, calm down. There's plenty of me to go around.

On that note, I did get an offer in Raleigh for more money, but they turned me down because it had been about 4 years since I was in the telecommunications field. :\ Yesterday, I had a call for a gig in Alabama, but I told them I was still in school and about 2 classes away from being done. Lady said, "No worries. I'll connect with you on LinkedIn and when you're done with school, get back in touch and we'll see what we can do for you since we've hired on a lot of people from Houston due to Oil&Gas being slow lately."

I need to follow up with my current manager to call up to one of our Dallas stores to see if they have an open part-time position for me out there so I can make extra cash before I give this other company my final decision.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 22, 2018 - 11:52 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Alabama is not so bad, and works out well if you're a car person. No real notable winter to speak of, salt is never used anyway we use sand, and there's no inspection or emissions testing of any sort. Then the states around you have emissions so you can pick up a car that won't pass for cheap there and bring it back here where it really doesn't matter anyway. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 25, 2018 - 12:31 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 22, 2018 - 10:52 PM) *
Alabama is not so bad, and works out well if you're a car person. No real notable winter to speak of, salt is never used anyway we use sand, and there's no inspection or emissions testing of any sort. Then the states around you have emissions so you can pick up a car that won't pass for cheap there and bring it back here where it really doesn't matter anyway. laugh.gif

Hmmm.........

On another note, forgot to mention that my GT-Fo' riser blocks came in a while ago. Will probably be a while til they go on the car.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 5, 2018 - 10:52 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I broke a thing...

Car got sent off to my friend's shop so it can get a major tune-up and reseal of the motor. Hopefully it goes smoothly. lol If all goes well, should be getting it back by week's end. After that, looking over the tune to get familiar with it before I fiddle with other shizzle down the road.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 5, 2018 - 11:34 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Did you break something in the beauty supply store?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 6, 2018 - 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

car supposed to take u places. Y U take car to place instead?

--------------------

post Mar 6, 2018 - 8:53 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 5, 2018 - 10:34 PM) *

I broke a nail.

QUOTE (cheela @ Mar 6, 2018 - 9:01 AM) *
car supposed to take u places. Y U take car to place instead?

Cuz that's what it deserves!

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 6, 2018 - 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 6, 2018 - 7:53 PM) *

I broke a nail.

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Then you have to file the rest to try and even it out.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 6, 2018 - 11:39 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 6, 2018 - 9:45 PM) *

I broke a nail.

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Then you have to file the rest to try and even it out.

Or you get it filled and call it a day.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 7, 2018 - 10:35 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 6, 2018 - 10:39 PM) *

I broke a nail.

Wouldn't your cousin or someone you know own a nail shop anyways? they could just fill it for you. laugh.gif
#NotRacistCuzImAsian

--------------------

post Mar 7, 2018 - 9:04 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Mar 7, 2018 - 9:35 AM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 6, 2018 - 10:39 PM) *

I broke a nail.

Wouldn't your cousin or someone you know own a nail shop anyways? they could just fill it for you. laugh.gif
#NotRacistCuzImAsian

Ironically enough, my dad's side of the family all own nail salons.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 7, 2018 - 9:32 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well there ya go, just schedule an appointment and get that taken care of.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 7, 2018 - 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Don't even need to schedule an appointment. Just walk in and get **** done. lol Did that for my gf.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 7, 2018 - 11:09 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ooooh, nail privileges.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 8, 2018 - 9:45 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

see! that's what I'm talkin bout. biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Mar 8, 2018 - 9:46 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Everyone loves privileges!

Anywho:

Apparently I like to party. Distributor shaft is cracked. Explains some things...

Then my mechanic was like, "Hey, you have a ****load of oil in your intercooler piping....Hold on....yeah.... your turbo's blown. A lot of shaft play and oil is leaking through the compressor housing. Get a new one or get it rebuilt." Explains some more things....

So um... yeah. that's about where we are right meow with the car. Just need to get him to read me the part number on the turbo so I can order the right rebuild kit and send it off for assembly and/or re-balance.

Ordered poly shifter bushings from Lou at BRD from across the pond. Hopefully that helps with some of the "gumminess" of the shifter. If not, probably time for new shifter cables.

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: Mar 8, 2018 - 9:47 PM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 8, 2018 - 9:54 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well there's your problem. The fun part will be cleaning the piping and intercooler.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 8, 2018 - 9:58 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

lol you have too much shaft play..... laugh.gif

ditch that engine and slap a 2gr...

--------------------

post Mar 8, 2018 - 10:54 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 8, 2018 - 8:54 PM) *
Well there's your problem. The fun part will be cleaning the piping and intercooler.

Brake cleaner and gasoline will be my best friends. lol

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 8, 2018 - 8:58 PM) *
lol you have too much shaft play..... laugh.gif

ditch that engine and slap a 2gr...

That's probably down the road when the Supra is "finished" and if I'm able to import in a LHD GT-4.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 9, 2018 - 1:04 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Actually some aluminum safe degreaser and some boiling hot water would be. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 9, 2018 - 10:05 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

the car's toast. it's done. probably only worth about $200 at most now.
I'll give you a deal and give you $250 to take it off your hands just because we kinda almost barely know each other.

--------------------

post Mar 9, 2018 - 11:09 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Mar 9, 2018 - 9:05 AM) *
I'll give you a deal and give you $250 to take it off your hands just because we kinda almost barely know each other.

$350 and a bro hug and we'll call it a deal.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 9, 2018 - 11:28 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 9, 2018 - 10:09 AM) *

hmm... depends. do you have HIV, STDs, or a WRX STI? laugh.gif

on a not so serious note though, how long u planning to keep the 2nd gen 3s in there?

--------------------

post Mar 9, 2018 - 3:31 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I can beat that, $400 and a pack of Trident Layers.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 9, 2018 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

nope. ngo bro hug, he ngo care.

--------------------

post Mar 9, 2018 - 7:28 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Mar 9, 2018 - 10:28 AM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 9, 2018 - 10:09 AM) *

hmm... depends. do you have HIV, STDs, or a WRX STI? laugh.gif

on a not so serious note though, how long u planning to keep the 2nd gen 3s in there?

E.) All of the above

It'll stay there until it caves in and implodes in on itself. When it does, might drop in a D16 or something and call it a day. Maybe a 22RE cuz those don't die.

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 9, 2018 - 2:31 PM) *
I can beat that, $400 and a pack of Trident Layers.

You've piqued my interest. I'm listening...

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 20, 2018 - 6:36 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

TX2K has come and gone, so not much progress on the car. Talked it over with my friend and for the time being while the turbo is out and getting massaged, we're going to go ahead and redo all of the intercooler piping to clean it up and clock the turbo. Any loose wires will be tracked down, tucked, trimmed, and/or sleeved.

Turbo should be coming out of the car some time this week to be sent off.

Poly shifter bushings came in from across the pond, I've ordered an O2 sensor block-off plate to get rid of the unused O2 sensor that's just chilling on the downpipe looking all ugly, and ordered a purple TiAL QR BOV to replace the outdated gen 1 HKS SSQV in the event I wanna get crazy with the car down the road.

Das about it so far. Hopefully more news later this week.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 20, 2018 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Did someone say, purple?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 20, 2018 - 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Yup. sure did. Gonna try to sort of mimic my friend's engine bay in his Supra and see how much of that I can utilize and transfer into the Celica's bay.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 28, 2018 - 4:35 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

TiAL QR came in today and uh.... That's about it. Pikachu approves of it doe...

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 28, 2018 - 5:06 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I guess you could say *puts on sunglasses* he couldn't help but to peek at chu. *walks off scene*

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 28, 2018 - 7:32 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

I'm more interested in the family sized cheez-its....

--------------------

post Mar 28, 2018 - 8:24 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Maybe if they were white cheddar or pepper jack.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 28, 2018 - 9:40 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 28, 2018 - 8:24 PM) *
Maybe if they were white cheddar or pepper jack.

YESSS!!! good man!!
those are my flavors as well.

--------------------

post Mar 28, 2018 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

*high fives*

I love me some white cheddar and pepper jack Cheez-Its.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 28, 2018 - 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I've already eaten half of the white cheddar and bought the original today. Mixed in half of the original into the white cheddar and saving that for when I'm done with the original.

Annnddd.... Turbo has been pulled from the motor, so I'm picking that up on Friday to ship out to TurboBay on Monday for some refreshing goodness.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 29, 2018 - 12:59 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Mmmmm white cheddar...

I mean... Mmmm... fresh turbo...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 29, 2018 - 10:23 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

white cheddar is good.
but pepper provides that little kick just like a fresh turbo would I suppose.

--------------------

post Mar 29, 2018 - 10:30 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

I haven't tried the pepper jack yet. I'll add that to this concoction box.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 31, 2018 - 10:47 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

That looks weird....

Definitely need to clean up and sort through the mess on the right side of the bay and see if I can find a better way to mount the fuse box.

Once I get paid from the flooring job, turbo is heading out this week.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Apr 1, 2018 - 7:54 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

That does look weird, why is there a Honda bag in your Toyota?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 1, 2018 - 4:06 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 1, 2018 - 7:54 AM) *
That does look weird, why is there a Honda bag in your Toyota?

Ngo idea. probably the same reason I have a Civic overflow tank in my Supra. lol

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Apr 23, 2018 - 6:17 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Small update:

Scored a set of poly bushings for the front upper control arms for pretty cheap from a local here. Matt at TurboBay has my turbo now and says he's gonna tear into it tomorrow morning to give me whatever news I need for it. aannndddd.... Some of these were still available from toyota:

Literally every other button is discontinued stateside though. Bi-level, Foot & defrost, and A/C. Not sure if the rear defrost button is discontinued though cuz I'm still trying to find the part number.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Apr 23, 2018 - 7:03 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Those pink illuminated keys though.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 23, 2018 - 7:49 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Yeh.. I just finished building my new computer and went RGB on just about everything.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Apr 23, 2018 - 9:10 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

RGB is life.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 22, 2018 - 3:26 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Uhhh.... quick update.

After 2 months since sending the turbo off, it is finally on its way home. Mechanic friend is driving to Canada at the moment, so he won't be able to get to the car til mid-July, so it'll give me some time to gather up other things until he gets back.

Also ordered new Lloyd Ultimat floor mats for the car since the current ones in there don't fit, like, at all.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jun 27, 2018 - 2:09 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

sneaky peeky of my turboskies before it got mailed out. Said he went with a slightly bigger wheel than normal with a new wheel he just got in, so this'll be fun.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jun 27, 2018 - 2:40 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

meh... looks ok.

show me pictures of these floor mats though! that's exciting!!

--------------------

post Jun 27, 2018 - 2:44 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 27, 2018 - 2:40 PM) *
meh... looks ok.

show me pictures of these floor mats though! that's exciting!!

I could... It honestly is. Would be nice to be able to drive barefoot again in that car. Just need to remove the aluminum pedal covers because aluminum + Tx Summers = Ngo go.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 19th, 2024 - 7:16 AM