6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Malek's Progress Thread, Final Product! 183 paint..
post Jun 16, 2009 - 5:39 AM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

So..I bought my car used on January 21st of 2009. It was the "other" option. My first car was a 2001 Mitsubushi Eclipse Gt. I riced it out, and yeah, it ran like total ****. I sold it and I was looking to buy a 300ZX, found one, but I would get raped on insurance. So I happen to find a celica on autotrader.com. I went and looked at it, drove it..bought it..It begins..

First Modification: Took that stupid front license plate bracket off. (Yes I know it's illegal in Ohio..but I don't like it)

Second Modification: Car cover to help protect from 1&1/2 in. thick ice + snow

Third Modification: New Valve cover Gasket and along the way I decided to..clean? From this...

To this...

Third and so on: SOUND (Pioneer Premier HU, Boston Acoustics, Pyramids, Rockford in a box, SPL amp, Audiobahn Cap..)

Fourth..I'm gonna stop numbering cuz I don't remember the order anymore biggrin.gif: Washed and Waxed (5 hours of love with with my car)

7th Generation Short shifter..From this:

To this...

Then, uumm..changed my hatch for Earth day. I gave my car a green cape cuz its practically an emission free Earth super hero. NBD cwm13.gif
No haha the original hatch was rusted so good thing my dad had a 96 celi sitting at his shop. I took the hatch and put it on mine. Along with clock cuz it was brighter than mine..and the rearview mirror since my sub shook it and broke it and..I took a lot of stuff from that one haha

Then it was time to change the brakes..Cross-drilled Kinetic Rotors and NON-squeak pads. I don't remember the brand but I was so into that it won't squeak..They squeak.. kindasad.gif thumbsdown.gif But they work great..

Then I stopped taking pictures for awhile..However, during that time, I sound deadened basicly my whole car with carpet padding (I tried it out since I read about it on this website) AND IT WOORKS!!! I definitly recommend it..

And then I become sick and stay at home..and magically all of a sudden things start coming in the mail biggrin.gif

COUGHgt4blocksCOUGH

COUGHspatsCOUGH

COUGH...I was feeling better by this one biggrin.gif

......Somewhere a long the way, I ordered the Accord cold air intake from ebay. I installed it. I didn't really like that it bulged out of my wheel well. so I cut it and made it a short ram...I was gonna leave it stock but I realized that my intake tube cracked. Like many other members on here. So I used TRD Tape to hold it over (Masking and Duct tape) thumbsup.gif And then sometime near that time I took out my sub. It was WAAYY too heavy and my head would hurt after the first song.

Then after that..I don't think I'm forgetting anything..I let it sit the way it was and started modding my Ninja. First with clip-ons, DynoJet, 2 bros exhaust, removed snorkel, Rear seat cowl, Competition Werkes fender eliminator, Pro-grip grips and tank pad..But this is a Celica forum. My ninja has it's own progress thread somewhere else smile.gif But what the hell..why not..(clip ons weren't installed in this picture)

Oh and I looked at my miles a couple days ago..I thought it was pretty cool haha I wish it didn't have so many miles tho..

And this concludes my progress report..I think..for now atleast. I will be updating within days because I am in Indiana staying with my dad for the summer and he owns his own Maaco..where I do my own body work and paint. But I'm going to another Maaco tomorrow to get an estimate just for fun biggrin.gif I'll share with you their estimate for my car tomorrow or the next day. I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave comments/questions. Thank You smile.gif

-MALZ
(malek)

This post has been edited by Malek: Jul 16, 2009 - 1:39 PM

--------------------
post Jun 16, 2009 - 5:03 PM
+Quote Post
Jaws4God

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 27, '04
Currently Offline

cool. smile.gif

btw, is that a 250r or 650r?

i've got a zzr 600 smile.gif

--------------------
~Daniel~ No Longer Celica Owner.. moved on to a 03 WRX-EJ207
post Jun 16, 2009 - 5:22 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

Looks like the 2008 Ninja 250R, nice choice, I had the 2007 EX250 (the 17 year running model that got revamped the year after I bought it)

Always wished it looked like the current superbikes (although obviously smaller), nice 1.. and nice car too... Kawasaki & Toyota eh... That's me too

Don't have the Kawasaki anymore but I do have a GT4 tongue.gif

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jun 16, 2009 - 5:56 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

It is indeed the 2008 Ninja 250R. I had an 07 Ninja too. silver with red flames. However, my mom moved up to a 2007 zx6r (The bike i researched and wanted and talked about but couldn't have) so she gave me her old one which is this 250R and I sold the 07..

BUUT...I would trade both my bike and my car and cash for a GT4...another vehicle I have researched and talked about but will never have). How about you send me one delusionz? biggrin.gif haha I'll just sit in it and then I'll send it back. That alone will make me happy.

--------------------
post Jun 17, 2009 - 2:34 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

So I just went to another Maaco in the area. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AS SH**!! they charge 699.95 for Supreme paintjob and 150 with integrated clear coat. Our supreme is 549.95 and 119 for integrated clear. They said 2 hours to fill in the front hole where my license plate was and 5 HOURS to install the splitters!!

HMM...NOPE!! after paint, materials, labor, and tax. it totals 2,032.39!!! Two thousand!! WHATT!! hahahaha

For anyone in Indianapolis, and wants to get there car painted..Don't go to the one on E. WERGES street (southside maaco)! They told me lowest price guarenteed in the area..NOPE!! The one on East Washington street is the way to go (east side maaco) Talk to Sam. thumbsup.gif

I have not started on my car yet. I wanted to get an estimate from them just to see what theyd charge. I plan on starting next monday..

..and a side note. I got a ticket coming back from the estimate..76 in a 55, it sounds bad but the cop was sitting right in front of the speed limit sign where it changes to 65..he wrote me down in the 55 tho.. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Malek: Jul 16, 2009 - 1:46 PM

--------------------
post Jun 18, 2009 - 3:42 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

hey, ur hatch is from an anniversary edition I bet. Cuz it's got the shadow emlblem! Do you still have that other celica?
but looking good and yeah, $2K for a maaco paintjob is ridiculous.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jun 18, 2009 - 7:34 PM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

laugh.gif nice job on the narrating

--------------------
post Jun 28, 2009 - 11:51 AM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

So..I've been working on my car for the past week..I went on an all-out perfection frenzy. Here a couple pics..

Fitted the spoiler

And then here is the donor celi for my car..

My dad has a Black 97 vert..it has about 50K miles that he got from an auction awhile ago for 1250. i swapped the steering column with the one above cuz the black one's ignition was busted. It started like a champ!! I'll get pics of that soon but we took the hood, bumper for the vert and door for another celi at the shop.

I plan to finish up the last sanding and drilling for my car tomorrow and have it painted by tuesday..I can't wait to drive it again..

EDIT: I forgot to add that i got a new windshield installed and 20% tint.

This post has been edited by Malek: Jun 28, 2009 - 2:30 PM

--------------------
post Jun 28, 2009 - 12:36 PM
+Quote Post
gt_driFFter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 29, '04
Currently Offline

Nice car, Malek. Are you just filling in the holes left from the 3 post spoiler? I'm in Beavercreek, and I've got a bike too. Let me know if you wanna get together and cruise sometime. Bike or car.

This post has been edited by gt_driFFter: Jun 28, 2009 - 12:37 PM
post Jun 28, 2009 - 12:50 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

QUOTE (gt_driFFter @ Jun 28, 2009 - 12:36 PM) *
Nice car, Malek. Are you just filling in the holes left from the 3 post spoiler? I'm in Beavercreek, and I've got a bike too. Let me know if you wanna get together and cruise sometime. Bike or car.

Thanks man. I actually think I've seen your car before..or you in fact, with your car. But yeah, I usually ride up to Quaker state every thursday night. It usually has a good turn up on bikes. I ride to the greene a lot too, you might have seen us. Its a group of 3, blue, black and green ninjas.

But yeah, i just filled them with fiberglass and extra hardener. its not sinking in haha has the police ever complained about your tint? cuz i just got 20% on mine and i know beavercreek police. i live in bellbrook.

--------------------
post Jun 28, 2009 - 1:03 PM
+Quote Post
gt_driFFter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 29, '04
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Malek @ Jun 28, 2009 - 1:50 PM) *
QUOTE (gt_driFFter @ Jun 28, 2009 - 12:36 PM) *

Thanks man. I actually think I've seen your car before..or you in fact, with your car. But yeah, I usually ride up to Quaker state every thursday night. It usually has a good turn up on bikes. I ride to the greene a lot too, you might have seen us. Its a group of 3, blue, black and green ninjas.

But yeah, i just filled them with fiberglass and extra hardener. its not sinking in haha has the police ever complained about your tint? cuz i just got 20% on mine and i know beavercreek police. i live in bellbrook.

I really need to update my profile becuase the white 94 has been sold, and now I have a silver 98. I've been to Quaker Steak quite a bit, just not any this year. Any future plans for the car?
post Jun 28, 2009 - 1:06 PM
+Quote Post
gt_driFFter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 29, '04
Currently Offline

And while I've had my fair share of ridiculous tickets from the Beavercreek Police, I never did have a problem with my tint. I plan on going 30 next time though
post Jun 28, 2009 - 1:23 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

QUOTE (gt_driFFter @ Jun 28, 2009 - 2:06 PM) *
And while I've had my fair share of ridiculous tickets from the Beavercreek Police, I never did have a problem with my tint. I plan on going 30 next time though

ok haha I hope bellbrook doesn't have a problem with mine either..so near future plans for my car, none really. maybe seat heaters for the winter. but distant plans would probly be a 3sgte swap. but thats once i get the money. what about you? I know you want tint but anything else? I might have to take you up on gettin together some time. I haven't seen too many celi's in my area..

--------------------
post Jun 30, 2009 - 12:09 PM
+Quote Post
gt_driFFter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 29, '04
Currently Offline

Haven't done much to the car except for a couple small things:
Sony HU
Rockford/Alpine coaxials
Alpine V12 amp
Kenwood 10's

And I've also installed dynamat + carpet padding on the entire interior of the car (except roof and firewall). No big future plans at least for a while. I have a pair of power folding mirrors I plan on installing with a nice 2-way Alarm.

post Jul 16, 2009 - 1:37 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

So I'm finally done with the exterior of my car. I'm very pleased with the turnout..considering I did all the bodywork haha It was painted at Maaco in Indianapolis with base clear. Here's some pics..

Base Coat:

Final Product:

My gf helped me put my car together..it was the first time she ever used a socket wrench. She's learning thumbsup.gif

--------------------
post Jul 16, 2009 - 4:16 PM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

is that a scratch on teh rear side near the taillights????

laugh.gif jokes biggrin.gif nice paint thumbsup.gif

--------------------
I don't normally drive fast, but when I do its on a curvy section of this island
post Jul 16, 2009 - 4:29 PM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

That's Macco paint job? Dang that came out pretty damn good. Nice work man. Where did you get those rotors? And does anyone know if those are any different than the Big Brake set? I want to look into some new rotors so I can use Ceramic Pads without worry of warping the rotor and soon I may need new rotors, plus I wanted an excuse to paint my Calipers......

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204
post Jul 16, 2009 - 8:25 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

Yupp..that's a Maaco paint job. Granted they only painted it haha i prepped it and everything else but thanks! The rotors I have are from a company called brake motive. I've heard they sell them on ebay but I'm not sure. Honestly, I really like the rotors but Evolution ceramic pads that came with it aren't the best. They do have very low brake dust though thumbsup.gif guessing you don't want that all over your rims haha but they are OE size. I used the same calipers and everything. Same size brakes, but big difference in braking.

--------------------
post Jul 16, 2009 - 8:30 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

QUOTE (808celica @ Jul 16, 2009 - 4:16 PM) *
is that a scratch on teh rear side near the taillight?

laugh.gif jokes biggrin.gif nice paint thumbsup.gif

I actually scrolled back up to see if there was a scratch in my new paint. You had me worried for a second haha but thanks! And really, it was your car that made me wanna do mine..so thanks for the inspiration smile.gif

--------------------
post Jul 17, 2009 - 7:40 AM
+Quote Post
Sebby

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 12, '09
From Poland,Europe
Currently Offline

Awesome job dude!! I like the colour of your Celica.
One thing u have to do- change the rims and will be perfect!! Take care!!

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 3:56 AM