6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what does your girl friend or friends think of your celi??
post May 29, 2015 - 4:10 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ May 29, 2015 - 1:34 AM) *
I'm seeing a trend here. It appears that Celicas are directly linked to marriage. I know of at least two other couples that can thank these chick magnets for their marriage.

I better get rid of mine then laugh.gif
Mine likes it, picked her up on our first date in it and she was stoked on it. Keep in mind, she doesn't know a whole lo about cars, and I haven't had to put much money into it yet.

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post May 31, 2015 - 8:28 AM
+Quote Post
empite

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '14
From greece
Currently Offline

My girlfriend's name is celica we love each other laugh.gif laugh.gif
post Jun 1, 2015 - 10:40 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

well considering my GF has a 1993 All-Trac, 1999 GT with 3S-GTE swap, and 2004 GT-S. yeah we go good together

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Mar 29, 2017 - 7:07 PM
+Quote Post
Oreo20

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 27, '14
From Houston
Currently Offline

Just found out my girlfriend hates the toyota brand #Gasp
Haha oh well she's tasteless
post Apr 5, 2017 - 9:05 PM
+Quote Post
a2daj1

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '13
From somerset ohio
Currently Offline

It's a love hate relationship between my 6 and my wife lol! Hates the money I spend on it but loves the finished product!!

--------------------
Dude I almost had you !!

LOVE TOYOTAS?!?
Join us over at FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/421380017992349/
CLICK THE LINK To join:
TOYOTA ENTHUSIASTS - FB's fastest growing group for drama-free Toyota fans!
post Apr 6, 2017 - 4:48 PM
+Quote Post
Warapparel

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '12
From San Francisco, CA
Currently Offline

My girlfriend loves the car actually. She gets upset that I have spent more than the cars KBB value in parts and repairs but she knows I love this car so she doesn't really complain too much. Her and a lot of people actually compliment my car even with the bad clear coat. It still surprises me, maybe it's just because I have this vision of my celica in my head of how she used to look and what she will look like after I'm done with the new paint job.
post Apr 6, 2017 - 5:44 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

KBB is a joke and if the car is more than a few years old it's hardly ever an accurate portrayal of what the car is actually worth. Besides if you never sell it then it doesn't matter how much you spend on it, to a degree. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 6, 2017 - 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

My wife wants me to get rid of it. Every time I order or buy something for it. she says you are wasting money on it. I have just stopped telling her.
post Apr 9, 2017 - 2:48 PM
+Quote Post
Warapparel

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '12
From San Francisco, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 6, 2017 - 5:44 PM) *
KBB is a joke and if the car is more than a few years old it's hardly ever an accurate portrayal of what the car is actually worth. Besides if you never sell it then it doesn't matter how much you spend on it, to a degree. tongue.gif

Couldnt agree more with you box. My problem with the KBB value of vehicles is that no matter what vehicle it is, if at any point the project becomes a little too much and you are putting it out there for interest, almost every offer is at KBB because people are always looking for a deal. It happened with my '00 GTS, '91 MR2 NA-T, '87 RX-7 T-II, and even my '96 GT when I was considering selling it. I feel like most enthusiasts hit the point, sooner or later, where we are on the fence of selling our car due to many different reasons. I have fully decided to keep this '96 GT because out of all my other vehicles, this one has the most complete dream part list. That being said, my girlfriend loves the car, and knows how much she means to me.
post Aug 28, 2017 - 1:16 AM
+Quote Post
Bushmatic

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 17, '16
From Grand Rapids, MI
Currently Offline

I got my red manual 1997 Celica ST after my previous car (a gray automatic 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero) got totaled, and my girlfriend hated the change. She didn't tell me until after I brought the Celica home that she hates red cars and she hates old cars. She also hates being the passenger in stick shift cars because they make her nauseous. As a General Motors district manager, she also hates Toyota rolleyes.gif

knowing all of the above, this is pretty much how it went down when i agreed to buy the Celica:

--------------------

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Apr 22, 2017 - 4:49 PM) *
I currently live in MN and have always been a Toyota my whole life.
post Aug 29, 2017 - 4:19 AM
+Quote Post
tr1stan

Enthusiast

Joined Mar 24, '15
From SC
Currently Offline

My wife likes it. Actually, she ordered seat covers as a birthday present to me two months ago.
post Aug 29, 2017 - 9:26 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bushmatic @ Aug 28, 2017 - 1:16 AM) *
She also hates being the passenger in stick shift cars because they make her nauseous.

Driver just needs to shift better then. tongue.gif You can make a manual just as smooth if not smoother than an automatic, just have to match revs and let the clutch back out gently. Versus just banging them off as quick as possible without regard to revs and popping the clutch.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Sep 4, 2017 - 2:08 PM
+Quote Post
Bushmatic

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 17, '16
From Grand Rapids, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Aug 29, 2017 - 7:26 AM) *
QUOTE (Bushmatic @ Aug 28, 2017 - 1:16 AM) *
She also hates being the passenger in stick shift cars because they make her nauseous.

Driver just needs to shift better then. tongue.gif You can make a manual just as smooth if not smoother than an automatic, just have to match revs and let the clutch back out gently. Versus just banging them off as quick as possible without regard to revs and popping the clutch.

Lol it's mostly a testament to how fast I tend to drive, since her main issue is when I first hit the clutch at the beginning of a shift and the acceleration suddenly stops. That slight forward lurch really gets to her, no matter how fast I complete the shift (or how smoothly). I just need to let off the gas a bit more before I do that to smooth out the acceleration a bit, even though it feels so slow. She'll never like the car anyway so it's whatever to me

--------------------

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Apr 22, 2017 - 4:49 PM) *
I currently live in MN and have always been a Toyota my whole life.
post Sep 5, 2017 - 10:02 PM
+Quote Post
celicalibre

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 11, '09
From Florida
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Oreo20 @ May 27, 2015 - 7:50 PM) *
Does your girl or friend talk mess or positive things
Also would you take a girl on a date with it ??

GC6 is timeless! Any car that is paid for makes you money every day you drive it! Ladies enjoy being in a car that looks sharp and shiny! If she does not like your car, time to change girls!

--------------------

I spent my money on wild women, partying, gambling,
expensive timepieces, and my 6GC - the rest of it I wasted!

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 1:27 AM